• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early prediction: Which QB starts Week 1?

Who will start QB week 1. Early prior to PS prediction

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Someone else- Please state who.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He benefitted from Oakland sitting their starters the last week and certainly from a blocked extra point that was returned for a TD turning a sure loss to NO into a W.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His win lose record is of a winner

Well so does Tebow and Brock Osweiler but not sure I would call them a winner. This defense the year before carried a broken down Manning and an average at best Osweiler to a 12-4 record.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not todays NFL for ya buddy. Teams don't wait on a QB for 4 years before moving on. Everyone is in WIN now mode with the contracts being tossed around. Not many teams are good at drafting QB's to be honest with ya. Have you paid attention to how bad the QB play is over the last two decades? Back in the old day, bad teams had good QB's. Today, good teams don't even have good QB's. Ill place some blame on the college systems teams run today. QB's are so underdeveloped coming into the NFL and combine that with teams not being able to wait on QB's from a financial stand point in WIN now mode.

Year 5 is too late.
Good point on college system/Qb. If I was a a Qb considering a college and was serious about having a career in NFL, I would only consider football programs that had a pro-style offense to help me prepare for that. I know the pickings are slim but it's certainly evident that teams are looking more at division two teams that run pro-style offences for their qbs now days so it's not like old days where you could be overlooked if your not Qb for Big Ten school, etc. I know academic preference plays part as well. Give me Colo St over Alabama if I'm serious about Qb career in NFL regardless where that puts me in draft. You prove it, you will get paid.:)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so does Tebow and Brock Osweiler but not sure I would call them a winner. This defense the year before carried a broken down Manning and an average at best Osweiler to a 12-4 record.

Well then you are not a fare person . If you walk like a duck .. Is my motto yes I have common sense so please spare me

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not Trevor is now pulling away .

I love it .

I want to win now . I don't care how even with a Coach I can't stand .

If I was a NE fan I would gag still with their head coach . I hate the man .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the hand ringing ....................God .......................................................... you guys mad at me for saying this coach has yet to show anything .

These QB's are young and need playing time and will show up .

Think of it is like this.

You date a girl... When you don't like it, you know it isn't going to end well. Why waste your time?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not Trevor is now pulling away .

I love it .

I want to win now . I don't care how even with a Coach I can't stand .

If I was a NE fan I would gag still with their head coach . I hate the man .

I think everyone would like it if the man pulling away wasn't winning it by default.

Trust me, I think I speak for everyone, doesn't matter if Jack or Joan were right on who wins the battle, we just wanna see someone do well. Doesn't matter who. At this point I don't feel comfortable enough calling either one our future and I sure aint gonna wait 5 years to have someone prove they are the future. If that is the case we need a veteran who can win now as someone like Paxton sits and learns like Osweiler did.... We just simply aren't set up that way right now as a franchise to do that. It's all about opportunity and right now Lynch's opportunity is not the same as Osweiler's was to have the luxury to wait and learn... There are good and bad things about that for Paxton. 1. He has a chance to get on the field right away if he looks good 2. We won't sit around and wait as long on him because Option A isn't Peyton Manning.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you must not listen to broncos radio ...said Trevor has really showed up .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
learned all the playbook early on just was able to put us in the right play that the d gave him . he is now looking great

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much hand-wringing over this QB situation. It's really not needed. Even if Siemian earns the job this year, that doesn't mean he's the anointed one for the long haul. It may be that he wins by default because Lynch isn't far enough along in his development. Remember, this is his first year in THIS offense too. So let's say the Broncos have a decent year with decent QB play, but Siemian doesn't make himself indispensable. The Broncos will still have him under contract for 2018 and if he may make for a pretty decent trade option following this season, opening up the job for Lynch. You gotta believe at some point the Broncos are going to hand the reigns to Lynch, but it won't be the end of the world if it doesn't happen this year. All this talk about "winning now" can be stowed for now because the Broncos have an option available that can help them win now.

Of course, all of this assumes the preseason games don't separate one from the other. There's still a chance one of them wins the job in preseason play. That would be good.

Despite all the negative emphasis placed on this QB situation, I think the Broncos are in a very good position right now. It shouldn't be too hard to believe Siemian can build on last season, and as I already stated he will either make a great trade option or he'll play himself into the Broncos long term plans. As for Lynch, if he never earns the job due to Siemian playing himself into the long term role, then we as fans still win. And if Lynch shows something, we have an option available for the long haul.

And in the background of all of this is the possibility that in a transitional year like this the Broncos still have the ability to go 10-6 or 11-5. And in the playoffs with this defense, no possibilities are out of reach. It's good to be a Broncos fan.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report now says we are reaching out to the agent of Colin Kaepernick.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true I am done for as long as he is on the team . I hated the f'er in College . I hated him all of his time at 49'ers and now I despise him .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is flying into Denver tomorrow for a physical.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally kidding before anyone gets riled up.

Oh wait. Someone already did. ;)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Williamson writes now for a site call FanRag. Can't take him too seriously. I'd rather listen to
Mark Schlereth who has been to every practice since they've put the pads on, the competition hasn't been close. It's Siemian far and away.

i like fanrag but I'm a big fan of Joe Moreno, Josh Owing, and Kyle Crabbs

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I would hope Lynch still has "a shot" We haven't even gotten to PS game 1.

(Just saying)