• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Reid not the right coach for KC apparently.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you and the Kelce injury was crucial... but Hunt has to get more then 11 touches. I agree the game has changed but every team that wins in the playoffs over the next month is going to run the ball more then 11 times.
I don't totally disagree, but the OL is an issue that needs to be addressed; LG in particular as Witzman blew at least 3 assignments by my count + penalties. If Alex Smith needs to be your running game, passing, and MVP, that's a losing formula in the playoffs. Has been for a while now. Smith is too much a function of the roster to be that guy. The defense is no longer elite. It's not a realistic formula outside of the happy accident scenario ala Eli and Flacco.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you and the Kelce injury was crucial... but Hunt has to get more then 11 touches. I agree the game has changed but every team that wins in the playoffs over the next month is going to run the ball more then 11 times.

Exactly. Kelce being hurt and Smith being Smith gives you MORE reason to give Hunt the ball in the 2nd half.

Just not a fan of tossing the ball around with a decent lead in the 2nd half....especially when your top target is out of the game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Kelce being hurt and Smith being Smith gives you MORE reason to give Hunt the ball in the 2nd half.

Just not a fan of tossing the ball around with a decent lead in the 2nd half....especially when your top target is out of the game.
This goes back to what I am saying about the OL. If you can't runblock against a team coming after you in the run game, short of Barry Sanders you're not running on that front with any kind of consistent effectiveness. Reid/Nagy's hands are tied at that point. What does puzzle me more is why we don't see Hunt more as a receiver.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes back to what I am saying about the OL. If you can't runblock against a team coming after you in the run game, short of Barry Sanders you're not running on that front with any kind of consistent effectiveness. Reid/Nagy's hands are tied at that point. What does puzzle me more is why we don't see Hunt more as a receiver.
Firing John Dorsey was a bad decision.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith isn't beating you with his arm so the fact that the Chiefs gave up running the ball means Reid is fucking retarded. I don't care if you gain 1 yard on every attempt, you keep running because it forces the Defense to play the run meaning they can't just sit in pass coverage and wait for Alex Smith to beat himself. All KC had to do was run the ball more than 5 times and they would've won, it's that simple. The Titans stopped playing the run because KC stopped doing it and so that let TEN focus on 1 aspect of Defense instead of having to juggle both run and pass coverage.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly. He's still responsible for the cap swamp/defense, however. Chiefs have any kind of defense and they very likely are playing next week.
He is also one of the most respected talent evaluators in the NFL.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off Reid isnt going anywhere.

Maybe in a few years if he doesnt get anywhere with his new shiney toy at QB he might lose his job.

Unless Reid is the GM, he coaches what he has. So if he gets a weak team into the playoffs, would explain why he has a bad playoff record.

Just like if a QB carries a weaker team into the playoffs & loses. Everyone talks trash about the QBs win/loss in playoffs.

Now with all that said. Dont know why he didnt run it more in the 2nd half either. Wasnt there a stat about they were undefeated when hunt ran it 20 times or more & lost when he didnt. (something close to that)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it say about the coach however when the team constantly gets to the play-offs but constantly LOSES in them?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if running lanes werent there, why not dump offs and screens to get your playmaker involved

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it say about the coach however when the team constantly gets to the play-offs but constantly LOSES in them?
either coach or GM has to go.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea a top 5 or so coach isn't capable of winning a SB is magical thinking. Full stop. Will he end up being the Marino of coaches I don't know, but I don't buy he can't win a SB for a second.
Well he's doing a pretty good job of proving you wrong thus far.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either coach or GM has to go.
The GM went.

I could see the Chiefs firing Reid if he goes 1-and-done again. I get the criticisms. I just don't think he is fireable when you have a new QB coming in. The timing is wrong. The time to fire him was last year. Or in the future. Its not now.

ESPN is just running articles because Philly fanbase is paying attention to the playoffs and Chiefs fans are still paying attention.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs should trade Reid and Smith to the Browns for their 2 first rounders this year .

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM went.

I could see the Chiefs firing Reid if he goes 1-and-done again. I get the criticisms. I just don't think he is fireable when you have a new QB coming in. The timing is wrong. The time to fire him was last year. Or in the future. Its not now.

ESPN is just running articles because Philly fanbase is paying attention to the playoffs and Chiefs fans are still paying attention.
yeah I see Reid getting at the very least a couple years with his new QB.
& as someone else pointed out.
who would replace him?
You dont just fire headcoaches unless you think you can improve on the spot.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I see Reid getting at the very least a couple years with his new QB.
& as someone else pointed out.
who would replace him?
You dont just fire headcoaches unless you think you can improve on the spot.
There are pretty obviously roster issues. Cowboys lined up and beat the Chiefs pretty easily and that wasn't too long ago.

Getting rid of Reid would be asking for a full rebuild, imo.