• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Reid not the right coach for KC apparently.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What???????? You mean to tell me the guy who always chokes has choked again? I....I don't know what to do with that shocking revelation.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss the article about Marvin Lewis being worse?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What???????? You mean to tell me the guy who always chokes has choked again? I....I don't know what to do with that shocking revelation.
The players choked and didn't perform well yesterday unless you think there was something wrong with the Xs and Os.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players choked and didn't perform well yesterday unless you think there was something wrong with the Xs and Os.
Yeah, this is insane to me. The guy who is one of four legitimately innovative coaches in the NFL currently, has a team with Alex Smith carried into the playoffs despite the 32nd DVOA D, and I am supposed to be upset at him when he doesn't control personnel? We already are moving on from Alex. We are likely moving on from Sutton. This is not blind complicity like with Marvin whatsoever.

I would wager at least 25 coaches fail to do better than .500 with this Chiefs team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is insane to me. The guy who is one of four legitimately innovative coaches in the NFL currently, has a team with Alex Smith carried into the playoffs despite the 32nd DVOA D, and I am supposed to be upset at him when he doesn't control personnel. We already are moving on from Alex. We are likely moving on from Sutton. This is not blind complicity like with Marvin whatsoever.

I would wager at least 25 coaches fail to do better than .500 with this Chiefs team.
The Chiefs could hire Jeff Fisher and go 7-9 a couple of times.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is mind blowing. We all saw his team huddle up and use 30 seconds on each play down two scores late against the Pats. I mean literally everyone watching the game knew that was a terrible mistake. I also could not understand why they didn't punt with 3 timeouts last night. He also blew the clock management at the end of the half, but got bailed out when the receiver took the pass into the end zone with a few second left as he held an unspent timeout in his pocket.

I was always a fan but the record is clear, guy turns into a moron on January 1st.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is insane to me. The guy who is one of four legitimately innovative coaches in the NFL currently, has a team with Alex Smith carried into the playoffs despite the 32nd DVOA D, and I am supposed to be upset at him when he doesn't control personnel? We already are moving on from Alex. We are likely moving on from Sutton. This is not blind complicity like with Marvin whatsoever.

You’re right and Reid is fantastic at making QB look better then they are. But it just gets maddening on his playoff play calling. He just refuses to run the ball in the playoffs whether he has Brain Westbrook, Lesean McCoy or Kareem Hunt. Every freaking time.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea a top 5 or so coach isn't capable of winning a SB is magical thinking. Full stop. Will he end up being the Marino of coaches I don't know, but I don't buy he can't win a SB for a second.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been 183-120-1 as a head coach overall, and 53-27 with KC. But in the postseason, he's only 11-13 overall and 1-4 with KC.

Damned if I can figure that shit out.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right and Reid is fantastic at making QB look better then they are. But it just gets maddening on his playoff play calling. He just refuses to run the ball in the playoffs whether he has Brain Westbrook, Lesean McCoy or Kareem Hunt. Every freaking time.
Running the ball is wildly overrated since about 2004. If people watch the game, there were no running lanes to be had. It's not as though Reid/Nagy said "NOPE, don't want to give Hunt the ball" for no apparent reason; the passing game ought to be there. Unfortunately, Alex Smith is Alex Smith and Kelce got hurt and that may have screwed things up as a practical matter; even if it's an indictment of the QB/OL.

People shit on Reid for not running the ball, but he is a lot more right than wrong just looking at the math of it with how efficient the passing game is nowadays. It was a lot more valid a criticism in the early 2000's than it should be now, JMHO on the subject. He was ahead of his times in more than ways than one. Kareem Hunt has the lowest rushing yardage for a rushing champion I can remember.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea a top 5 or so coach isn't capable of winning a SB is magical thinking. Full stop. Will he end up being the Marino of coaches I don't know, but I don't buy he can't win a SB for a second.

He's made it to the playoffs 13 times as HC, but only once to the Superbowl.

His record as HC is truly impressive, until he gets to the playoffs. I don't know why.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame excuse up 21-3 in the 2nd half.
Oh I agree, but this was not a great roster. It's a better team than the Titans, but it's really hard to ignore they're amongst the worst defenses in the NFL with an average QB at the helm. That's a hard, hard hand to win with. He's not the GM so I am not going to flame him for it. John Dorsey is already in Cleveland. Alex Smith is gone. Etc.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running the ball is wildly overrated since about 2004. If people watch the game, there were no running lanes to be had. It's not as though Reid/Nagy said "NOPE, don't want to give Hunt the ball" for no apparent reason; the passing game ought to be there. Unfortunately, Alex Smith is Alex Smith and Kelce got hurt and that may have screwed things up as a practical matter; even if it's an indictment of the QB/OL.

People shit on Reid for not running the ball, but he is a lot more right than wrong just looking at the math of it with how efficient the passing game is nowadays. It was a lot more valid a criticism in the early 2000's than it should be now, JMHO on the subject. He was ahead of his times in more than ways than one. Kareem Hunt has the lowest rushing yardage for a rushing champion I can remember.

I hear you and the Kelce injury was crucial... but Hunt has to get more then 11 touches. I agree the game has changed but every team that wins in the playoffs over the next month is going to run the ball more then 11 times.