• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 New England Patriots Training Camp News

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE Rob Ninkovich tore his triceps. Could be back in October.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to call in the rookies.....................

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I went to camp today...a few things I noticed. Thing that sucked was NO was on field 1 for the day so that is what I was stuck with most of the day.

-OL was flat out pathetic. I counted Brady/JG getting sacked at least 6 times. Cannon is dog shit, just pure dog shit. No Solder today, Waddle looked pretty decent. The 1's were Waddle, Thuney, Andrews, Kline, Dog shit.
-Tons of drops. I counted at least 8 for JG alone. If Volly does not come back soon and is going to be out, NE is going to have to trade for an OT.
-Gaffney looking good, he is also getting in on the passing game. Not sure it means anything.
-Edelman looked quick before leaving. Hogan looked good to, I think he will fit in nice here.
-Brandon Cooks absolutely OWNED Butler today and it was not even close....All NO passing drills were right in front of me. He literally got beat all day. He also could not keep up with Cooks. Have a feeling Cooks is going to be a beast this yr.
-Logan Ryan was the best CB on the field today. John Jones got beat a lot. Cyrus Jones is going to be legit, just a few struggles today.
-Front 7 did great vs the run at the initial point of attack. Don't think many teams will run on them
-Overall NO was the better team today. I know it PS, but man they looked like they could not give a shit today.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I went to camp today...a few things I noticed. Thing that sucked was NO was on field 1 for the day so that is what I was stuck with most of the day.

-OL was flat out pathetic. I counted Brady/JG getting sacked at least 6 times. Cannon is dog shit, just pure dog shit. No Solder today, Waddle looked pretty decent. The 1's were Waddle, Thuney, Andrews, Kline, Dog shit.
-Tons of drops. I counted at least 8 for JG alone. If Volly does not come back soon and is going to be out, NE is going to have to trade for an OT.
-Gaffney looking good, he is also getting in on the passing game. Not sure it means anything.
-Edelman looked quick before leaving. Hogan looked good to, I think he will fit in nice here.
-Brandon Cooks absolutely OWNED Butler today and it was not even close....All NO passing drills were right in front of me. He literally got beat all day. He also could not keep up with Cooks. Have a feeling Cooks is going to be a beast this yr.
-Logan Ryan was the best CB on the field today. John Jones got beat a lot. Cyrus Jones is going to be legit, just a few struggles today.
-Front 7 did great vs the run at the initial point of attack. Don't think many teams will run on them
-Overall NO was the better team today. I know it PS, but man they looked like they could not give a shit today.
God help us if Logan Ryan is the best CB on any day. Hope today was just a bad day overall.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hearing anything on a Jonathan Cooper return from the plantar fascia issue?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted August 9, 2016 at 4:43 pm
By: Steve Balestrieri

Saints and Pats Get In Good Joint Workout Tuesday
The Patriots and Saints had a good, spirited joint practice session on Tuesday morning under hot, sunny skies at Gillette Stadium. The Patriots, however, weren’t at their best offensively and were rather sloppy with dropped passes across the board by multiple players.

Earlier in the morning prior to the workout, Bill Belichick stated that the team was excited for Sean Payton and the Saints to be here. He said the Pats have a great relationship with Payton and the Saints. Something Payton reiterated later after practice was over.

Many of the Patriots coaches, including Bill Belichick, wore Nate Ebner’s rugby jersey in a nice show of support during practice. The US National Rugby team plays its first match later tonight.

Notable absences: Nate Solder who’s been practicing every day was out. Sebastian Vollmer, Dion Lewis, Jonathan Cooper, Bryce Williams, Danny Amendola and Nate Ebner (Olympics), were also not spotted.

But more importantly, Julian Edelman left practice after clutching his left leg during 1-on-1 drills. He didn’t return, although the NFL Network stated that his injury “wasn’t serious”. But he could be seen throwing his helmet in frustration. Rob Ninkovich left early with what is being characterized as a “triceps” injury. He’s slated to have an MRI tomorrow.

Not a Banner day for the offense: The Pats offense has had better days and it begins with Jimmy Garoppolo. The Pats QB suffered thru his third straight session of making poor decisions with the ball. He had some shaky moments in there, but those things are to be expected and is the reason they hold practice.

Photo-Jimmy-Garoppolo-and-Tom-Brady-m6erN-250x250.jpg
He was also victimized by a series of drops, and the Patriots receivers across the board were having issues holding onto the football.

With Solder and Vollmer out, the top offensive line consisted of LaAdrian Waddle at LT, Joe Thuney at LG, David Andrews at C, Josh Kline at RG and Marcus Cannon at RT.

After going thru warmups and a period of positional drills, the teams got together about 40 minutes into practice with the WRs and DBs going against one another. The highlight of this segment was Julian Edelman putting an absolute filthy move on safety Vonn Bell. Edelman ran straight up the seam and faked to his right which Bell bit on and Edelman cut left leaving Bell far in his wake.

Brady led off the segment at QB and was followed by Garoppolo. Meanwhile on the other side, Drew Brees was hooking up with WR Brandin Cooks who was battling hard with CB Malcolm Butler. Cooks was winning the majority of the battles but Butler did have a really nice pass breakup in the end zone. Logan Ryan had a nice pass breakup in the end zone.

7-7: This was followed by 7-on-7 drills with the Patriots offense on one field and the Saints on the other. Once again Brady took the initial reps followed by Garoppolo. Brady’s first pass, a screen to James White over the middle was nearly picked off by linebacker Stephone Anthony. Brady hit Devin Lucien deep in the end zone. He also connected with Chris Hogan, Nate Washington, and Clay Harbor.

11-on-11s Still Sloppy: Next came the 11-on-11s. Brady’s first pass was picked off this time, by Sheldon Rankins on a screen to White. He hit on only two of his first five passes. Garoppolo came on and hit Rob Gronkowski down the seam. Gronk was wide open but dropped the ball, one of his three drops on the day.

Brees was doing a lot of check-downs to the backs Mark Ingram, Marcus Murphy and C.J. Spiller in his early work. Asked later if that was planned Saints coach Payton said no, that the Patriots were doing a great job of disrupting routes at the line of scrimmage.

Later when Luke McCown came on for Brees, he was picked off by Duron Harmon. Not to be outdone, the Saints De’Vante Harris picked off Garoppolo during the two-minute drill. Jimmy G. was trying to hit Aaron Dobson on a crossing route and it was a pass he’d probably like to have back.

Both Brady and Garoppolo suffered what would have been a couple of sacks in the goal line sequence and the two-minute drill. For the Patriots defense, Shea McClellin, Jamie Collins, and Trey Flowers who had arguably his best practice were bringing pressure from the edge. Flowers and Dont’a Hightower each got QB pressure/sacks twice.

While the focus in the secondary was on the Cooks, Butler matchup, Cyrus Jones had a solid day. He recorded passes broken up in both individual 1-on-1 drills and during the 11s. Jones was also solid in the kick return game, fielding all of his punts cleanly and having a good return straight up the middle on one play, displaying good vision and a nice cut.

Late in practice, the third QBs, Jacoby Brissett and Garrett Grayson each got to take some extended reps with the third team offenses. The teams return to action on Wednesday morning with the scheduled start time for practice being 9:15 a.m.

- See more at: Patriots - Saints Joint Practice Observations 8-9

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots WR Julian Edelman wasn't a full participant, but he returned to practice one day after having his foot examined.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots WR Julian Edelman wasn't a full participant, but he returned to practice one day after having his foot examined.
With all the walking wounded, Brady rumored to be sitting can't expect to see much tomorrow evening.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Brady, Gronk or JE11 tomorrow. Which is cool. Brady got some good reps in. I expect Jimmy for a little then all JB after that. Not sure what I am actually looking for in tomorrow's game. Maybe the young CB's. I mean, this team is deep and we know what we are going to get...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God help us if Logan Ryan is the best CB on any day. Hope today was just a bad day overall.

LOL. True...However, he was pretty damn good last yr. He fell off the last few games, but this was really his 1st season starting 16 games a CB. I thought he looked very good when I was there. That is only going to help this team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all excited. Football starts tonight. Let's all be realistic.....

Game 1......Patriots vs Saints.

Both teams have 90 man rosters and both teams' coaches are trying to determine who can and cannot play football in the NFL. Hence, I'm not looking for much of anything tonight other than to see the Patriotsjust play their respective positions. Screw up badly tonight and you've basically written your exit ticket. You'll have Game 2 to reverse it, but just getting it right won't be enough.

I'll be looking for JG to be a leader. If he looks hesitant or confused, I'll be worried. He's in year 3 and he should have command of the plays, seen enough of Brady to know what he should be doing and just enough experience to have taken the edge off.

Aaron Dobson has to step up and show that he's the guy who should be taking Amendola's spot. No drops, not boo boos. The rookies like Lucien and Mitchell have to put themselves right on the tip of every coaches tongue when 'pass' is mentioned.

My grandson's first freshman practice was yesterday. I can't believe how much better and stronger his arm is this year compared to last year. He was launching 50 yard rockets and he was dead nuts accurate downfield. 14 Years old, 6'0" 165 and only three other kids (1 WR, 2 RB) are faster than him. They put him up to see how he'd do with the Varsity. Of course I think he could take JG's spot tonight and win this game......

For all you guys outside New England...........It's hotter than hell.........95 degrees as I type......it supposed to hit 97 by 4:00 PM and then cool down to the high 80's tonight.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all excited. Football starts tonight. Let's all be realistic.....

Game 1......Patriots vs Saints.

Both teams have 90 man rosters and both teams' coaches are trying to determine who can and cannot play football in the NFL. Hence, I'm not looking for much of anything tonight other than to see the Patriotsjust play their respective positions. Screw up badly tonight and you've basically written your exit ticket. You'll have Game 2 to reverse it, but just getting it right won't be enough.

I'll be looking for JG to be a leader. If he looks hesitant or confused, I'll be worried. He's in year 3 and he should have command of the plays, seen enough of Brady to know what he should be doing and just enough experience to have taken the edge off.

Aaron Dobson has to step up and show that he's the guy who should be taking Amendola's spot. No drops, not boo boos. The rookies like Lucien and Mitchell have to put themselves right on the tip of every coaches tongue when 'pass' is mentioned.

My grandson's first freshman practice was yesterday. I can't believe how much better and stronger his arm is this year compared to last year. He was launching 50 yard rockets and he was dead nuts accurate downfield. 14 Years old, 6'0" 165 and only three other kids (1 WR, 2 RB) are faster than him. They put him up to see how he'd do with the Varsity. Of course I think he could take JG's spot tonight and win this game......

For all you guys outside New England...........It's hotter than hell.........95 degrees as I type......it supposed to hit 97 by 4:00 PM and then cool down to the high 80's tonight.
Thanks as always BK. Wow that's exciting about your grandson. I'm off to Thailand tomorrow so I'll be sharing in your pain.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to Bangkok once in 1971. My favorite city in the far east.

How true the song..."One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble."...............in more ways than one.

If they still have the "Grub and Scrub" on the main drag, it's something you'll never forget. Incredible food and the best bath by the most beautiful women you'll ever encounter. Seriously, 10 minutes in a sweat box, followed by a cool rinse. Then you stand while a gal scrubs you from head to toes with jasmine soap and a rough sponge. Then she rinses you with warm water. then 15 minutes in a hot soak in jasmine scented water up to your chin.
Out you get she'll pat you dry with the softest towels and hands. A 15-20 minute message follows. For a couple of bucks, she'll give you a "special" with warm oil. Takes about 15 seconds. Dinner follows. Then even the hardest drinker, athlete or sailor is ready for a great night's sleep.

45 years later and it still makes me smile.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to Bangkok once in 1971. My favorite city in the far east.

How true the song..."One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble."...............in more ways than one.

If they still have the "Grub and Scrub" on the main drag, it's something you'll never forget. Incredible food and the best bath by the most beautiful women you'll ever encounter. Seriously, 10 minutes in a sweat box, followed by a cool rinse. Then you stand while a gal scrubs you from head to toes with jasmine soap and a rough sponge. Then she rinses you with warm water. then 15 minutes in a hot soak in jasmine scented water up to your chin.
Out you get she'll pat you dry with the softest towels and hands. A 15-20 minute message follows. For a couple of bucks, she'll give you a "special" with warm oil. Takes about 15 seconds. Dinner follows. Then even the hardest drinker, athlete or sailor is ready for a great night's sleep.

45 years later and it still makes me smile.
I haven't located the grub and scrub and have been coming here regularly since the 90s. This town seems to change annually. However, there are many other great places and some of the old stand bys. I love this place, may even retire out here. I brought the wife out here last year and she's onboard. I realize that's like taking sand to the beach or a sandwich to a banquet. Oh well.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today 8/15/2016 starts three days of practice with the Chicago Bears. They got whipped by the Broncos in their first preseason game 22-0.

NFL officials will be attending some of the scrimmages.

Belichick said that both teams will be ready to play by Thursday. You can interpret that in about 6000 ways. My take is that he expects thing to be pretty chippy come game time. Just hope neither team has any serious, stupid injuries.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots rookie WR Malcolm Mitchell, who dislocated his left elbow in Thursday's preseason opener, is dressed in full pads with teammates for the start of today's joint practice with the Bears. He is wearing a large brace over his left elbow.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Butler was ejected from practice by Bill Belichick. BB has a rule.......if you fight in practice, you don't practice. Butler got into a fight that lasted about 15 seconds with Alshon Jeffrey of the Chicago Bears. Belichick kicked Butler out immediately.

Rob Gronkowski left field with an unknown injury. In the 7 on 7 practice he went up to catch a pass from Tom Brady and pulled up. He left the field and walked with the trainer up and down the sideline. After several minutes he left the field with the trainer and did not return. Unknown if it was serious or not. More information should come out later this evening.