• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #3 New England Patriots vs New York Jets Sunday 9/24/2023 1:00 PM EST CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots hit the road for New Jersey.

Jets got their collective asses handed to them in Dallas for Game #2. Scored 10 points in the 2d quarter and lost 30-10.

Honestly think that the Patriots can win this one. Should win this one against Zach.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots hit the road for New Jersey.

Jets got their collective asses handed to them in Dallas for Game #2. Scored 10 points in the 2d quarter and lost 30-10.

Honestly think that the Patriots can win this one. Should win this one against Zach.
I agree the Pats should win this one. I feel that around week six the Pats will be a very tough team to beat. There are still adjustments with BOB at the helm but I seem some good

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Pats should win this one. I feel that around week six the Pats will be a very tough team to beat. There are still adjustments with BOB at the helm but I seem some good

I agree the Pats should get a win. An ugly one, but I'll take it. Something like 16 - 12.

I also feel they will be much improved in a few more weeks. I hope it's not too late at that point.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF they do not win this game then Cunningham needs to start for Game 4

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Lord are we starting this? Mac has not been that bad...

You are correct that he hasn't been that bad. He could certainly be better but he's been ok.

Just for the sake of conversation, where do you think this exact same team would be if Brady were the QB?

I think they'd be 2 - 0. Not ripping on Mac. Just pondering Brady's leadership skills that seemed to transcend the entire team.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Lord are we starting this? Mac has not been that bad...

Sorry Green font should have been added.

No Mac has actually been better than I thought. It's just bad timing on mental mistakes that costs the Pats the games. Bad OL play as well

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Brady and Mac is that Brady had a gift. One in a billion may have it, the ones that do, somehow transcend into something special. Brady was talented in everything football and his gift was making other people believe that they could do anything he needed them to do. His OL would do anything to protect him. His WRs would make impossible catches. Running backs would run through ten foot thick brick walls.

Mac does not have that special gift. Come back in ten more years and see if anyone has done what TB did after 15 years, if anyone can last that long. Few here today will be here fifteen years from today, if any of them will be here. I probably will be long gone and won't be able to find this post.

Mac has nearly 600 yards passing and 3 TDs, 2 INTs and the Pats are 0-2 in two games. If he continues at this pace, he will throw for 5100 yards, 26 TDs and 17 INTs. And the Patriots could very well be 0-18.

Let's hope that he continues on the same pace and the surrounding cast lift themselves to his level of play. Do it once. Do it against the Jets. That's all it will take. If the win in NY, then they know that they can win on the road and just might have all of the spunk and nasty ass attitude to beat the Cowboys in Arlington. Then look out. They start kickin' ass and takin' names against the Saints, Raiders, Bills and meeting #2 with the fish. Just like that they go from 0-2 to 5-2. Just win this week.

27-17 Patriots get #1.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny. Going into week one jets vs bills. I thought that was a must win game(as much as a week one could be must win). As the jets and Rodgers thought they were a real contender. And that’s the type of win they needed.

Well fast forward to week 3. Jets vs patriots. This is another must win situation for the jets. But this is a must win for THESE JETS.

Zach Wilson is fighting for his job, and the jets NEED to get out of the patriots shadow. They have not beat the patriots since 2015.

The jets need to show the patriots they are no longer in the jets heads. And no longer as Sam darnold says seeing ghosts.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny. Going into week one jets vs bills. I thought that was a must win game(as much as a week one could be must win). As the jets and Rodgers thought they were a real contender. And that’s the type of win they needed.

Well fast forward to week 3. Jets vs patriots. This is another must win situation for the jets. But this is a must win for THESE JETS.

Zach Wilson is fighting for his job, and the jets NEED to get out of the patriots shadow. They have not beat the patriots since 2015.

The jets need to show the patriots they are no longer in the jets heads. And no longer as Sam darnold says seeing ghosts.

In reality it is a MUST win for BOTH teams... But more so for the Patriots they can't go 0-3.. Sure the Jets would go to 1-2 but if Zach does decently he will be fine... 0-3 and the Patriots pretty much have no shot at the playoffs

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is the Jets are playing like the Jets.
The bad news if you watched the game, Jets players were playing very physically, if not flat out dirty.
They ended up hurting themselves more than the Cowboys but we don't need any more injuries......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets players were playing very physically, if not flat out dirty.
That has been their biggest problem since the days of Rex Ryan. When they start losing, they try to intimidate the opponent. Whe that doesn't work, they try to do something that will send a message. That's when the big penalties happen. They do it when they get in front too. They tend to get in an opponent's face and try to rub it in. It just seems that it's very difficult for the Jets to control their emotions and it costs them. Their crowd has never helped them much.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Brady and Mac is that Brady had a gift. One in a billion may have it, the ones that do, somehow transcend into something special. Brady was talented in everything football and his gift was making other people believe that they could do anything he needed them to do. His OL would do anything to protect him. His WRs would make impossible catches. Running backs would run through ten foot thick brick walls.

Mac does not have that special gift. Come back in ten more years and see if anyone has done what TB did after 15 years, if anyone can last that long. Few here today will be here fifteen years from today, if any of them will be here. I probably will be long gone and won't be able to find this post.

Mac has nearly 600 yards passing and 3 TDs, 2 INTs and the Pats are 0-2 in two games. If he continues at this pace, he will throw for 5100 yards, 26 TDs and 17 INTs. And the Patriots could very well be 0-18.

Let's hope that he continues on the same pace and the surrounding cast lift themselves to his level of play. Do it once. Do it against the Jets. That's all it will take. If the win in NY, then they know that they can win on the road and just might have all of the spunk and nasty ass attitude to beat the Cowboys in Arlington. Then look out. They start kickin' ass and takin' names against the Saints, Raiders, Bills and meeting #2 with the fish. Just like that they go from 0-2 to 5-2. Just win this week.

27-17 Patriots get #1.
The difference between them is one is the GOAT and the other isn't.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between them is one is the GOAT and the other isn't.

Well that's a simplified way of looking at it, sure. But what made Brady the GOAT? What the hell magic formula did that guy have access to? I think we all agree that there are other QB's that had/have a way better arm than Brady. Some have a more accurate arm. WTH was it about Brady that made the team fight harder for a victory that other QB's can't seem to harness? Because really, at least in my opinion, at this point this current team is similar to most of the Pats teams Brady played on yet the one difference, Brady, seems to be all the difference in the world as far as obtaining victories.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen another big difference is Bill "trusted" Brady and at least to me it seems like he doesn't trust Mac. Yes he "released" Cunningham and Zappee but I still am not convinced he is ready to totally hand the reigns over to Mac

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen another big difference is Bill "trusted" Brady and at least to me it seems like he doesn't trust Mac. Yes he "released" Cunningham and Zappee but I still am not convinced he is ready to totally hand the reigns over to Mac
Of course he did and rode his coattails. Brady took over Bill's 5-13 team and won a SB and 2 more , next 3 seasons. BB w/ Brady .775 coach with 30 playoff wins 9 Sb's. BB w/o BB for 10 seasons .470 coach with 1 playoff win. And Mac is not the problem, him and Mahomes have comparable no#s first 2 games. Kid had a real good rookie season, then Bill's bff that ruined 2 NFL teams as HC, did the same with Mac as OC's last season

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he did and rode his coattails. Brady took over Bill's 5-13 team and won a SB and 2 more , next 3 seasons. BB w/ Brady .775 coach with 30 playoff wins 9 Sb's. BB w/o BB for 10 seasons .470 coach with 1 playoff win. And Mac is not the problem, him and Mahomes have comparable no#s first 2 games. Kid had a real good rookie season, then Bill's bff that ruined 2 NFL teams as HC, did the same with Mac as OC's last season

I wasn't saying Mac was the problem though

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a comment today that I cannot disagree with.

"Bill Belichick does not value offense equal to his value of defense."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a comment today that I cannot disagree with.

"Bill Belichick does not value offense equal to his value of defense."

He most certainly doesn't which pisses me off

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct that he hasn't been that bad. He could certainly be better but he's been ok.

Just for the sake of conversation, where do you think this exact same team would be if Brady were the QB?

I think they'd be 2 - 0. Not ripping on Mac. Just pondering Brady's leadership skills that seemed to transcend the entire team.
Fucke Brady he is not here so the question holds zero value