• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 New England Patriots Training Camp News

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scar knows who is starting when it is all said and done. Thuney is LG, no question about it. I think Cooper is back when he returns, but Karras has been playing his balls off from what I have read. There is going to be some interesting moves to make at that OG/C spot. Karras has also been taking snaps too. IDK call me crazy, but I think Stork might get moved at some point. Flemming finally took over for Cannon at RT today. OT scares me once you get past Solder/Volly. Both are injury risks, Flemming/Cannon are not very good and who knows what Waddle is going to give you.

Donald Brown was out of practice today. This RB committee sucks. This is really the only position in camp that scares me. IDK maybe we can trade Stork for a RB or something.

Mitchell has been lights out in camp this week. Catching everything and his speed is off the charts. He also knows the fucking play book!!! Thank God for that...LOL. Washington still not in pads...see ya vet!! BB compared Carter to a faster Troy Brown....that should tell you enough.

Branch is back for the DL. JSher has been a beast. Nink taking snaps at LB. UDFA Jones (CB) is going to make this team. He has won every 1on1 match up in camp.

Bowman signs a pretty nice contract extension in SF. Still a little concerned that BB has done nothing. He is usually ahead of the market, but it seems the market it way past him now. I fear if he lets them test the FA market, teams will over pay. The FA class for LB next yr is getting smaller with all these guys getting new deals.

Marty B seems to love it here in NE. Would be nice to see him locked up for the next few yrs...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done Creep.....I couldn't agree more.

There was a commentary yesterday about signing all these free agents that I thought was interesting. Belichick doesn't like to move too far ahead of the curve when signing potential free agents on his own team. Hungry guys play hungry. Gronk is the exception, he plays balls to wall every week and BB knows that to have him unhappy could upset the applecart.

In reality, BB can franchise Collins. Butler is restricted in 2017. He can pay Hightower and most of the other guys and then take care of Butler and Collins in 2018. The Patriots will have a huge amount of cap space and you have to know that Benzan and the Pats accounting office are burning the midnight oil getting things in line.

As far as staffing goes, there are teams out there like KC who have a plethora of RBs and come roster trimming time will have cut back. They're not the only ones and that's when Bill could call Andy Reid and offer a 7th Round pick for a Charles or someone else.

Someone needs to call Modern Pest Control and get Gillette sprayed for injury bugs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scar knows who is starting when it is all said and done. Thuney is LG, no question about it. I think Cooper is back when he returns, but Karras has been playing his balls off from what I have read. There is going to be some interesting moves to make at that OG/C spot. Karras has also been taking snaps too. IDK call me crazy, but I think Stork might get moved at some point. Flemming finally took over for Cannon at RT today. OT scares me once you get past Solder/Volly. Both are injury risks, Flemming/Cannon are not very good and who knows what Waddle is going to give you.

Donald Brown was out of practice today. This RB committee sucks. This is really the only position in camp that scares me. IDK maybe we can trade Stork for a RB or something.

Mitchell has been lights out in camp this week. Catching everything and his speed is off the charts. He also knows the fucking play book!!! Thank God for that...LOL. Washington still not in pads...see ya vet!! BB compared Carter to a faster Troy Brown....that should tell you enough.

Branch is back for the DL. JSher has been a beast. Nink taking snaps at LB. UDFA Jones (CB) is going to make this team. He has won every 1on1 match up in camp.

Bowman signs a pretty nice contract extension in SF. Still a little concerned that BB has done nothing. He is usually ahead of the market, but it seems the market it way past him now. I fear if he lets them test the FA market, teams will over pay. The FA class for LB next yr is getting smaller with all these guys getting new deals.

Marty B seems to love it here in NE. Would be nice to see him locked up for the next few yrs...
Right on Creep. I'm with you I so wished BB went after a FA RB like a Forte or took a big back in the draft. Oh well in BB we trust.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carter???

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stork is the best center we have. It's being reported that he is dealing with a concussion. He is 25 and he's having a lot of head problems. He should probably retire.

Andrews filled in for him nicely last year for him. Great for a un-drafted rookie. Time extend his contract after the season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched 'Concussion' last night for about the 5th time. I agree with you SD, time to find something else to do. Better to quit now and live a much longer, much healthier life than to do more brain damage. Especially if you have a wife and children.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like JG was on fire today in camp (Dobson, Harper, Mitchell seem to be his fav WR). I am fine with that. Defense got some good pressure up the middle with Valentine/Brown/Khun working together. I like to see these DL get some good pressure and let the LB clean up the mess for a loss. I really think between Brown, Valentine, Branch, TK and Khun this DL is going to be one of the best vs the Run. Harmon had a pick and Jimmy beat Brady in barrel toss. LOL

Stork should call it a career or maybe NE should just IR him. With the new concussion rules in place, he is to much of a risk. I can see the league going after them. Guys like Stork need to be told it's over, before they kill themselves. Karras had another huge day and is getting the eye or Mike Reiss. He pulled during one drill and lit up Chung. He then completely destroyed JSher on another play. He also took snaps at C with Kline. Again I think the OL will be very good, lots of "tough, nasty" guys on the inside, but....worried about the OT spot.

RB's are still hurt. No Brown, Foster could not finish....again, wtf!!!

Mitchell was out today, but Reiss seems to think this was set by the team because of his knee. Washington, Harper, Hogan did not finish practice, but were dressed. Only 4 WR today.

So every yr BB has a surprise trade in store...I am starting to think Logan Ryan might be that guy. IDK why, but I think Jones an Coleman are making Ryan expendable. I don't think he will be back next yr, so maybe they can pull a RB or LB from another team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted August 4, 2016 at 5:00 am
By: Ian Logue

Here’s a quick rundown of this morning’s top stories:

Belichick has praise for this year’s TE Group – As we know, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick puts a lot of importance on the tight end position, which is obvious given how many draft picks this team has used at that spot over the years.

With Rob Gronkowski and Martellus Bennett as the clear leaders of this group heading into 2016, Belichick has also been impressed with other players on the roster. Clay Harbor started camp on PUP, but AJ Derby, Bear Pascoe, Steven Scheu and Bryce Williams are players who have been taking advantage of their opportunities. There’s no question it’s one of the deepest groups that we’ve potentially ever seen, and he seems pleased with what he’s seen so far.

“Bear’s an experienced player,” said Belichick on Wednesday during his media session. “The guy has had quite a few snaps in this league, primarily as a run-blocker, short-intermediate type of receiver, but a tough guy that’s got some length, and size and toughness in the running game. I’d say similar to a Mike Williams role. [He’s] different, but that concep“I think Bryce has come in and done a good job. [He’s] got a lot to learn. It’s a big adjustment for him. I think all three of the tight ends, including [AJ] Derby, who really had very few snaps last year, but AJ, and [Steven] Scheu and Bryce have all done a good job,” said Belichick. “It’s been probably as good of a tight end situation, overall from top to bottom, as we’ve ever had here.”

“The guys are all competitive; they can all do enough things to be competitive. But Bryce [Williams] has done a good job catching the ball well. He’s got good ball skills, has a receiver background, but you can kind of see that watching him play. It shows up out there.”

This is an important final couple of days as the Patriots will start working against the Saints next week beginning on Tuesday. Gronkowski and Bennett have already impressed, with the two establishing some pretty good chemistry during the early portion of camp.

However, weeks like the one coming up are a great opportunity for the guys down the depth chart to try and earn a spot on the depth chart behind New England’s top tight ends, and for now Belichick admitted that this stretch coming up will be key as they continue getting ready for the season.

“I think this is kind of an important, key time for us in terms of getting through the first few days, and getting the rust off and getting back into some contact-type practices to really start to improve our level of execution,” said Belichick. “Hopefully we can continue to try and do that, get involved in some additional situational football, and by the end of the week be in position to compete against New Orleans when they come in here next week.”

Belichick reminds everyone, it’s not just Brady’s birthday – Tom Brady turned 39-years old on Wednesday, but he wasn’t the only one who had a birthday.

Offensive lineman Chris Barker turned 26, and his coach tried to make sure it didn’t go unnoticed.

“Well, first of all, I don’t think we want to miss Chris Barker’s birthday as long as we’re celebrating,” Belichick said when he was asked about Brady’s work ethic contributing to his longevity.

“Yeah, no question, Tom works hard. [He] works very hard at all phases of the game. I think you have to, to play as long as he has.”

That hard work continued on Wednesday, with the veteran quarterback staying on the field to put in some extra time after practice. The early part of it involved an accuracy competition with Jimmy Garoppolo, with the remaining portion including some additional conditioning and agility work.

Brady was the last player to leave the field, and his approach remains as steady as ever, despite being suspended for the first four games of this season.

Branch returns – Defensive tackle Alan Branch returned to action on Wednesday, marking the official end of his tenure on the NFI list to start camp.

The veteran had reportedly been battling a hip issue but even during his return he appeared a little limited. Branch didn’t take part in many drills as the team is likely taking a cautious approach in easing him back into the line-up.

But despite being limited, Branch was just glad to be back out there.

“It felt pretty good to be out there,” Branch said via the Norwich Bulletin. “Like I expected, I was pretty, not clumsy, but my feet weren’t all the way up under me. That comes with time with football because you can’t practice walking around the street, so I expected that.”

Dobson Makes Another Big Play in Practice – Aaron Dobson continues to shine, and Wednesday was another strong outing for the receiver.

Dobson had a big play during the practice session, and it came against the Patriots’ best defensive back in Malcolm Butler.

On the play, Dobson came in motion and then beat Butler on a post-corner route and made a great catch off a good throw from Jimmy Garoppolo. Dobson’s quickness and athleticism and his big 6’3″ frame has been on display so far in camp, with the receiver not showing any ill-effects of his past injury issues and looking about as good as he has since his rookie season in 2013.

It’s going to be interesting to see how well he performs against new competition next week against New Orleans, which will allow people to get a look at how he’s able to sustain this run over the remainder of camp.

Embed from Getty Images

Ebner Ready For Rio – Nate Ebner has been away from the Patriots as he gets set to compete in the Olympics, with opening ceremonies set for this Friday and the competition set to begin next week.

The special teams standout has admitted that it’s been tough being away, and it’s required a lot of work on his end to get into playing shape, which is different from his football weight as he had to slim down to get to where he needed to be in order to be able to compete.

But so far, he has no regrets, and he’s glad that he’s got this opportunity.

“It was a tough decision to make, but at the end of the day, when you see a sport in the Olympics that you grew up playing your whole life, how can you not want to be part of that?” Ebner said via Yahoo.com. “It was eating me up a little bit. I just didn’t want to live with the regret of not trying. I didn’t want to have to think about what that experience would have been like if I could have made that team.”

Getting back into football shape will be the priority when the competition ends, but for now, that’s the farthest thing from his mind as he sets his sights on winning gold in Rio.

“Right now I’m all in with the U.S. rugby team, and that’s all I’m thinking about,” Ebner said. “That’s the type of person I am. I’m going to give this team everything I have.”

- See more at: Thursday Daily Rundown 8/4: New England Patriots News and Notes - PatsFans.com

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great discussion on Sports Tonight. 49ers signed a linebacker yesterday to a 7 year $75M contract. The guy is nowhere near Collins or Hightower. They signed him to avoid the franchise tag next year which will be a little over $14M for linebackers.

The problem is that Belichick doesn't like paying any player that kind of money. He likes to keep the salaries relatively close so that no one feels like they're playing as hard for less than someone else. Sadly, that's not the reality of today's NFL. He's going to have to pony up and start paying his stars or become the San Diego Chargers.

The guys on ST believe that Collins will get franchised, Butler will get a good contract but he'll sign to get the payday next year and not have to play another year for $600K. Hightower will be traded. Sheard and other will be resigned for reasonable contracts.

In my humble opinion, one of three things must happen.

1. Bill Belichick must start recognizing that the landscape in the NFL is changing as far as paying players is concerned. Either get on the bus, or get run over by it.

2. Contract negotiations must be taken away form Belichick and done by someone who knows and understands the salary cap and how it works for and against a team. Let him do the math and allow Belichick to have input as to the value of that player.

3. Start to plan for the eventual retirement of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Looking forward is not an insult to either, it's good business. If McDaniels isn't the guy, then now is the time to look at the real possible replacements and bring them aboard as assistants or Coordinators once the decision is made. Preferably a younger guy (40's not 30's) with experience and success.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great discussion on Sports Tonight. 49ers signed a linebacker yesterday to a 7 year $75M contract. The guy is nowhere near Collins or Hightower. They signed him to avoid the franchise tag next year which will be a little over $14M for linebackers.

The problem is that Belichick doesn't like paying any player that kind of money. He likes to keep the salaries relatively close so that no one feels like they're playing as hard for less than someone else. Sadly, that's not the reality of today's NFL. He's going to have to pony up and start paying his stars or become the San Diego Chargers.

The guys on ST believe that Collins will get franchised, Butler will get a good contract but he'll sign to get the payday next year and not have to play another year for $600K. Hightower will be traded. Sheard and other will be resigned for reasonable contracts.

In my humble opinion, one of three things must happen.

1. Bill Belichick must start recognizing that the landscape in the NFL is changing as far as paying players is concerned. Either get on the bus, or get run over by it.

2. Contract negotiations must be taken away form Belichick and done by someone who knows and understands the salary cap and how it works for and against a team. Let him do the math and allow Belichick to have input as to the value of that player.

3. Start to plan for the eventual retirement of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Looking forward is not an insult to either, it's good business. If McDaniels isn't the guy, then now is the time to look at the real possible replacements and bring them aboard as assistants or Coordinators once the decision is made. Preferably a younger guy (40's not 30's) with experience and success.

Couple of things here.

1) I'm not sure the landscape of the NFL has completely changed. The teams that stay disciplined in their work of the cap continue to be the ones that stay on top. You pay a few superstars superstar money and then let the next tier walk for the overpriced contracts and keep filling in the holes with cheaper options but with more quality depth on the team if at all possible. Now in order to keep a guy like Collins he has risen to close to that super star level so good chance you have to pay to keep him.

2) Can't trade Hightower unless you are trading him this year. He will be a Free Agent after this season so either he is traded this year, signed and then traded next year, or he hits the FA market.

3) I would say Bowman is pretty darn close to the level of Collins and Hightower. He plays on a terrible 49ers team right now but before his injury I would easily say he was one of the top-5 linebackers in the NFL. Heck most before he retired thought Bowman had surpassed Patrick Willis as best linebacker on the 49ers. So wouldn't surprise me to see the Patriots use that as a baseline to begin negotiations with these 2 guys. Now given the Cap goes up once again by a pretty big leap this next off season so the price probably jumps above Bowman's number just partly because the cap will go up that much but percentage wise compared to the cap I would bet they are close.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted August 5, 2016 at 4:18 pm
By: Steve Balestrieri

Physical, Intense Competition During Team Scrimmage
The Patriots concluded their eighth training camp practice on Friday morning in full pads, Bill Belichick ratcheted up the intensity level by running an old fashioned blue vs white scrimmage. Tom Brady ran the blue team while Jimmy Garoppolo ran the white team offense.

Not Practicing: Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman, Dion Lewis, Tre’ Jackson, Sebastian Vollmer, Nate Ebner (Olympic Games), Jonathan Cooper, Keshawn Martin, Donald Brown, Bryan Stork, Clay Harbor, D.J. Foster came out for warmups but left to work out with the training staff on what appears is a shoulder issue.

Nate Washington and Keshawn Martin were back at practice today. But they didn’t participate in the scrimmage.

Blue Team Rolls: The team tried to break up the starters as best as possible. Garoppolo had Gronk and the starting offensive line while Brady had Bennett and Hogan. Josh McDaniels called the offensive plays for the White Team. Brian Daboll in what could be a harbinger of things to come in 2017 if McDaniels gets another head coaching gig, called the plays for the Blue.

It wasn’t close, you’ll read wildly varying scores today depending upon the writers and they’ll all be correct. The teams didn’t always try for an extra point, and didn’t always kickoff but the blue team with Brady under center kicked the white team’s behind.

There were all kinds of exciting and intense play out there. We’re forbidden from mentioning everything we saw today as the Patriots Media policy prohibits certain reporting. Since we don’t always get media credentials like we did today we aren’t going to be the ones to break the rule.

But the blue team had a pair of interceptions, by Devin McCourty and on the final play by Jamie Collins that was returned for a pick-six. Jimmy G. only threw one. And Jacoby Brissett didn’t play. So you can draw your own conclusions.

The butt kicking began from the opening kickoff. V’Angelo Bentley was returning the kickoff for the white team from the left goal line and was absolutely tattooed by Geneo Grissom, who turned in a solid day all around on defense and STs. Grissom flew down the field and pushed his blocker, Elandon Roberts, back and the three players made contact at the same time. The audible pop was heard all over the field and drew oohs and aahs from the crowd.

Garoppolo didn’t have a great day. He was constantly besieged by the pass rush, Jabaal Sheard was having his way with Marcus Cannon, even when the tight ends chipped him on the way out. Sheard is quietly having another outstanding camp.

Garoppolo’s first pass was perhaps his best. He hit Gronk on a nicely thrown seam route with Brock Vereen in coverage. Four plays later he tried it again but Devin McCourty was able to block it away. On the next snap, he tried a deep fade to Aaron Dobson but Malcolm Butler who had a big day swatted it away.

Brady Has Big Day: Brady was “en fuego” for the entire day. His first pass was incomplete as Chris Long blew past Cameron Fleming and hurried the throw. But not many of Brady’s throws were hitting the ground on Friday morning. The only times he wasn’t picking them apart was when the white team got a pass rush on him.

He hit James Develin on an out pattern and could be clearly heard exhorting his teammate and being glad he’s back in the lineup for 2016.

Five plays later Brady spread Brandon Bolden out wide and had a mismatch on linebacker Kevin Snyder who was in single coverage. Bolden blew past him and Brady laid a perfect deep pass down the right sideline for the score.

Brady was fired up. He was talking a huge amount of trash after the score and he said after practice that “I push the other guys’ buttons and sometimes they push back against me.”

Hogan/Slater “Brady Fired up Team”: Both Chris Hogan and Matthew Slater marveled at how Brady’s competitive fire, livened up the practice.

Hogan who is a newcomer this spring, said, “Oh man, it’s contagious. Tom was fired up. The other guys were fired up and we were just there competing.”

Grissom again made the tackle on the kickoff, but a tad less as bone jarring as the first one. Jimmy G. made an initial first down and then facing a 3rd and 5, he was sacked by Ramon Humber who came on an “A-gap” blitz and they were forced to kick one of two field goals they mustered.

On the white team’s next possession, McCourty made an interception on a deep pass.

The blue team and Brady got Martellus Bennett involved in the next series, with the big man making three catches in the first four snaps. The third one, he was the emergency outlet with Long bearing down on Brady and kept the sticks moving. Three plays later Brady threw a really nice fade to Hogan in the right corner of the end zone with Logan Ryan in coverage.

Garoppolo was under siege again and was sacked by Vincent Valentine. He was nearly picked off by Rob Ninkovich with Sheard again bringing pressure. They again settled for a field goal by Gostkowski.

The white team squibbed kicked on the ensuing kickoff and Grissom made a heads up play fielding the ball and making a nice return to near midfield. Brady needed just one play to hit paydirt. He found Matthew Slater streaking down the left sideline, he juked Darryl Roberts and left him behind. Brady’s pass was on the money and Slater had an easy touchdown.

On the blue team’s ensuing possession Brady mixed it up to Hogan twice, Malcolm Mitchell and Bolden. Then the white team blew a coverage and Mitchell ran down the right sideline untouched and Brady hit him for what would have been another score. But they placed the ball at the spot of the catch. Brady was then sacked on successive plays by Long and a combined one from Shea McClellin and Rufus Johnson. This forced a field goal to make it 22-6.

The teams traded possessions with Sheard just abusing the right side, providing constant pressure on nearly every down. Blue kicked another field goal making it 25-6. The white team had one final chance but Garoppolo’s pass was picked off and returned for a pick six by Jamie Collins.

There wasn’t much running game to speak of… so the Pats offense is looking like the Pats offense. Blount did make a nice short 3rd and 1 with a lead block from Develin but there wasn’t much to judge by.

Players that stood out were Brady, Hogan, Mitchell, Sheard and Grissom during the scrimmage. Butler was also providing a steady blanket of coverage and was frustrating DeAndre Carter for most of the session.

Sunday’s practice has been moved to 2:30 p.m.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Reiss - ESPN New England Patriots reporter

Tom Brady sizzles in intrasquad scrimmage, going 25-for-25

Brady put on a clinic at practice, serving as a reminder that he is still on top of his game, two days after celebrating his 39th birthday.

Brady finished 25-of-25 in an intrasquad scrimmage. No, the ball never hit the ground.

Furthermore, the intensity with which Brady practiced was on another level.

After throwing touchdown passes to Matthew Slater (long bomb down the left sideline) and Chris Hogan, Brady raced up to both players in celebration as if it were a regular-season game. When fullback James Develin dove to catch a pass along the sideline, which was the closest Brady came to an incompletion in his 25 attempts, Brady yelled out to him in excitement.

“I think it’s just a way to elevate everybody’s game,” he said of his ultra-intense approach. “It’s a very competitive team, it’s a competitive sport, and you have to bring it mentally every day. You have to have an attitude about you, and we have a lot of guys on this team that bring that. Trying to push their buttons -- I love to do that. They push it back, and I think that gets the best out of everybody.”

Hogan, the former Buffalo Bill who is playing with Brady for the first time, wasn’t surprised at what he saw.

“I was on the opposite sideline for four years, and I know how intense he can be,” he said. “It’s cool to see a guy like him, no matter how many training camps this has been for him, to come out here and be that excited. It’s contagious.”

For context, the pass rush wasn’t sacking quarterbacks, and there was no live tackling. But the competitive level was at 100 percent, the offenses and defenses were substituting personnel, and both sides were playing as close to game speed as could be.

This was the Brady Show.

Playing behind what would be considered the team’s backup offensive line, and without his top target, Rob Gronkowski, Brady sizzled.

He started with three short completions to Develin, Hogan and running backBrandon Bolden before lofting a beautiful deep ball into the back right-hand corner of the end zone that Bolden rose to pluck out of the air despite linebackerKevin Snyder’s coverage.

On the next series, Brady found Develin on the diving play along the left sideline, which might have been a sack if the pass rush was allowed to bring down the quarterbacks as Brady shuffled his feet in the pocket to keep the play alive. He followed with a completion to Hogan before the coaches whistled a sack on third down, which forced a punt.

The next time Brady took the field, he connected with tight end Martellus Bennett on four straight passes to open the drive, and then added a connection to Hogan before going back to Hogan for his second touchdown pass. Before the scoring pass, Brady had called a timeout based on the defensive look, which reflected how it was as close to a game-like situation as possible without the tackling.

All Brady needed was one play on the next drive, dialing up Slater on the long touchdown up the left sideline (cornerback Darryl Roberts was closest in coverage).

Brady then got rookie receiver Malcolm Mitchell into the mix with a catch along the right side. Hogan back-to-back … Bolden … Hogan again … and Mitchell deep down the right side.

And on and on it went – Mitchell ... Bolden twice in a row ... Bennett off play-action ... Mitchell again ... and then Hogan.

Entering his 17th season, Brady has done this before, almost single-handedly taking over a practice. It was impressive, as the oldest nonkicker currently on an NFL roster showed the 6,000-plus fans in attendance that he still has it.

There’s no doubt about that.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots WR Julian Edelman has returned to practice in full pads, signifying that he is coming off the PUP list. Edelman underwent offseason surgery on his left foot. This is the Patriots' ninth practice of training camp. In addition, TE Clay Harbor and G Tre' Jackson are also practicing for the first time today after opening camp on the PUP list.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stork is the best center we have. It's being reported that he is dealing with a concussion. He is 25 and he's having a lot of head problems. He should probably retire.

Andrews filled in for him nicely last year for him. Great for a un-drafted rookie. Time extend his contract after the season.

He's had a lot of concussions in the two years he's been a Patriot. That's a very bad sign.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stork was back at practice today playing center.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Days until the first preseason game................................

Saints and Pats share practice today and tomorrow.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the O Shit file.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. —New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman raised concern after fans saw him leaving practice early Tuesday with an apparent injury.

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports Edelman took himself out of a drill and slammed his helmet to the ground while he was examined by head athletic trainer Jim Whalen. Edelman sat on a cart and had taken off his left shoe while on the cart.

Fans at the Patriots camp saw Edelman walk under his own power off the field.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julian Edelman left Tuesday's practice after suffering another leg injury, but the New England Patriots got some positive news.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that based on initial exams, the injury is not believed to be serious, per a source.

Edelman's status will be updated as more news leaks.

The receiver injured himself during a one-on-one drill, then took himself off the field, slamming his helmet on the ground. He then had his lower leg examined by Pats trainers on the field before walking off under his own power, NFL Media's Courtney Fallon reported.

The initial news of the injury caused a collective groan from New England fans.

The Patriots' top receiver was taken off the physically unable to perform list on Sunday, a move that came earlier than expected. Edelman broke his foot last season and underwent a second surgery on his left foot in May.

The good news at the moment is that it's not believed to be a serious setback, but don't expect the Patriots to take any more chances with their top wideout before the regular season begins.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel better now!

Patriots Fans Can Breath A Sign Of Relief, Update on Edelman Is Great News
ByAndrew Tomasi
9 AUG 2016

If you were en route to jump off the Tobin Bridge, STOP! Turn around, go home, it will be OK. The update on Patriots WR Julian Edelman after his injury this morning in practice is very promising. According to Ian Rapoport, Edelman's injury is not believe to be serious.

✔@RapSheet

Based on the initial exams, #Patriots WR Julian Edelman's injury is not believed to be serious, source said. Will keep checking.

This is great news for Patriots fans. The way things were looking were not good. Edelman was slamming his helmet when he got to the sidelines while being helped onto the cart. The thing that scared most of Patriots nation was this was the same reaction he had the first time he injured the foot.

Let's get these guys wrapped up in bubble wrap for the rest of camp and preseason and get them healthy for the regular season.

I don't know if us New Englanders can take any more of this.

We will keep you updated on Edelman as more reports come out of camp and also any updates on Rob Ninkovich, at this time there are not any updates on him as he apparently left camp with an upper body injury.