• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Reportedly Holding Out of Training Camp

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how tagging him is screwing him. First off he will have insurance against a career ending injury. If it ends up the tagging route, wouldn't the tag by the time he signs it be like $30M+ for one year and if they try to do it twice over $35M? That's not chump change to get almost $70M in 2 years and then still be in your prime earning years and go to the highest bidder. I still think the best move for Dallas is to not sign him this year unless he is reasonable. I'll give him $30M per because that is what any good NFL QB will get if they sign today, but why give him full $35M max market value when you don't have to? He still has some things to prove and I think he will do so this year, but the contract this year benefits him more than the team so to agree I'm making him give up a little to get it if I'm the team. I'm willing to give him a much bigger contract a year or two from now but have more certainty that he is worth such a huge contract.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't that confirm their claim?

Those who claim Dak is a shitty QB are fooling themselves.
Those who think Dak is a great QB are fooling themselves.
Dak is a good QB and can lead the team to success. Dallas has no choice but to sign him. Odds of them finding better in FA is slim.

Not if you watched those games. I doubt any QB would have played well in them. The Dallas BU Oline was atrocious.

If you want to give Cowboys fans nightmares just mention Chaz Green. Just not do it face to face you might get thumped in the head.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's making pretty good endorsement money. Again he can bet on himself one more season and cash in. Wentz couldn't wait due his injury history.

From an injury perspective no one would have bashed the Eagles for playing wait and see. They had the option year and already picked it up so they did not have to make the deal. It wasn't about Wentz not being able to wait due to his injury history either. He got Russell Wilson guaranteed money so it was not like he lost any money here. What the Eagles did was lock him up before QB salaries really got out of hand.

I don't know how much in endorsements Dak makes right now could not really find a definitive answer to that question. A recent article has him making $2.5 mil a year in endorsements. I would not call that good money considering what he should be making in salary as a QB.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't that confirm their claim?

Dak is a good QB and can lead the team to success. Dallas has no choice but to sign him. Odds of them finding better in FA is slim.

I can't understand for the life of me why people do not think Dak is a good QB. He has shown he clearly can play at this level.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if you watched those games. I doubt any QB would have played well in them. The Dallas BU Oline was atrocious.

If you want to give Cowboys fans nightmares just mention Chaz Green. Just not do it face to face you might get thumped in the head.
I don't know how much in endorsements Dak makes right now could not really find a definitive answer to that question. A recent article has him making $2.5 mil a year in endorsements. I would not call that good money considering what he should be making in salary as a QB.
$2.5 million a year IS good money.
He should be making what he signed the contract for. Now if you mean what he should be making in the next couple years, I completely agree. He'll be making huge money soon.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$2.5 million a year IS good money.
He should be making what he signed the contract for. Now if you mean what he should be making in the next couple years, I completely agree. He'll be making huge money soon.

I personally think that $2.5 million is fantastic money. However, from Dak's perspective it is peanuts compared to what he should be making as an NFL Franchise QB. I have heard the argument that Dak should give a home team discount because he is playing QB for the Cowboys which opens up a world of other opportunities from a endorsement perspective. Compared to $25 mil a year $2.5 mil is shit and the argument can't be made that Dak is going to be ok because of endorsement money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is pretty fair and sums up the situation through 3 seasons

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas doesn't "owe" him shit. They will sign him and he'll get a ton of money, but it is not owed to him.

Dallas owes him a new contract. You’re talking semantics. To be a good QB in probably the NFLs most elite position (QB of the Dallas Cowboys) and only making $800,000 is Dak be tremendously underpaid.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how tagging him is screwing him. First off he will have insurance against a career ending injury. If it ends up the tagging route, wouldn't the tag by the time he signs it be like $30M+ for one year and if they try to do it twice over $35M? That's not chump change to get almost $70M in 2 years and then still be in your prime earning years and go to the highest bidder. I still think the best move for Dallas is to not sign him this year unless he is reasonable. I'll give him $30M per because that is what any good NFL QB will get if they sign today, but why give him full $35M max market value when you don't have to? He still has some things to prove and I think he will do so this year, but the contract this year benefits him more than the team so to agree I'm making him give up a little to get it if I'm the team. I'm willing to give him a much bigger contract a year or two from now but have more certainty that he is worth such a huge contract.

If Dallas tags him he will be furious. Yes 30,000,000 is insane money but he’d be thinking “If I get hurt I’m going to lose 70,000,000”. It’s like going to Vegas and putting a quarter in the slot and winning 10,000 and saying why didn’t I put 4 quarters in and win the million.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas owes him a new contract. You’re talking semantics. To be a good QB in probably the NFLs most elite position (QB of the Dallas Cowboys) and only making $800,000 is Dak be tremendously underpaid.
I disagree. They only "owe" him a new contract if they wish for him to continue playing for them past his current contract. He'll get that and deserves it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas tags him he will be furious. Yes 30,000,000 is insane money but he’d be thinking “If I get hurt I’m going to lose 70,000,000”. It’s like going to Vegas and putting a quarter in the slot and winning 10,000 and saying why didn’t I put 4 quarters in and win the million.
Again, he will have insurance. Why will he lose $70M?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all fairness the Cowboys don't owe him shit. It is not the Cowboys fault he was not good enough to be drafted in the 1st round. Depending on the report Dak was graded from 3rd to 6th round. He was drafted in the 4th. How is any of that the Cowboys fault? On top of that Dak while having a superb rookie season had many question marks going into last year. There was talk the Cowboys could possibly move on from him but they got him some additional weapons and he performed better.

Dak got a contract that appropriate for his ability coming out of college. Rookie contracts are based on the CBA and Dak was not eligible for an extension until last season. Based on his performance last year he was not playing well enough to get a new deal early and the smart thing was to wait.

The Cowboys are not out of line here and don't owe him anything. That does not mean that Dak should not try to get his. I have gone on record to say he should hold out but it is not because he is owed anything by the Cowboys.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he will have insurance. Why will he lose $70M?

Because, one a 70 million insurance policy is millions of dollars and two those Lloyd’s of London policies are difficult to collect on, evidently. It’s not like the say, “Oh, you tore your ACL, let us send you a 70,000,000 check.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand for the life of me why people do not think Dak is a good QB. He has shown he clearly can play at this level.

I think they are just fucking with Cowboy fans. I mean we see people saying Aaron Rodgers isn’t a top 10 QB and Brady is just a system QB. Dak is a good QB and with the accumulation of elite talent Dallas has Dak is good enough to lead Dallas to a SB. He’s not the type to lead a crappy team on his shoulders but he’s smart, a gamer and steps up in pressure situation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, one a 70 million insurance policy is millions of dollars and two those Lloyd’s of London policies are difficult to collect on, evidently. It’s not like the say, “Oh, you tore your ACL, let us send you a 70,000,000 check.
Lloyd's of London has a reputation for being liberal about paying out on insurance Policies. We are looking to switch to them for this purpose. I suspect a tailored policy like Dak would get would be based upon the exact specifics included in said policy. It could pay out for a fever if he wanted to pay for it. They will give you anything you want top pay for within reason. I don't think he would go for $70M and I don't think it would cost millions of dollars. Where are you getting that number from?.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the thing. If Dak is wanting $30-35 million a year then he overvalued himself and his not getting new contract is on him and not the Cowboys. I have not seen many articles that suggest that Dak even deserves that kind of money outside of Cowboy media outlets. Almost every sports channel I see has Dak at the $25 mil a year range.

The Cowboy's don't owe Dak a contract but they are trying to get him one. I have not been able to find an article the outlines what the Cowboys are offering. I have only seen stories on Dak's number.

Dak can't really be upset at being franchised if he the offer is fair market value and he turns it down. I have Dak ranked in the area of 12-15. The average annual salary for that group right now is $21-$23 mil a year. Taking into account you overpay each season for positions I would say he should be getting around $25-$28 millionarea (I think $28 mil is too high). Of those rankings those QB's had guaranteed money of $40 - $50 mil. again taking into account of overpaying I would have Dak in the range of $60 - $70 mil in guarantees. Dak may think he is worth more than that and that is his perogative but I can't think of many teams that will give him more than that.

The franchise tag is the added cost the Cowboys have to pay in order to keep his rights. On top of that Dak is being overpaid but the entire amount is guaranteed. To losing out on $70 mil has to fall in the lap of Dak and not the Cowboys. That is assuming the Cowboys are offering fair market value.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd's of London has a reputation for being liberal about paying out on insurance Policies. We are looking to switch to them for this purpose. I suspect a tailored policy like Dak would get would be based upon the exact specifics included in said policy. It could pay out for a fever if he wanted to pay for it. They will give you anything you want top pay for within reason. I don't think he would go for $70M and I don't think it would cost millions of dollars. Where are you getting that number from?.

I’ve heard they are difficult. I really shouldn’t speak on it because I don’t have first hand knowledge. I should do a little research instead of just guessing.
Do you mean you personally are looking into a L of L policy?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If history holds true watch for him to not be game ready until the 3rd week of the regular season.