• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your top 5 most disappointing programs of all time

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:finger:

you didn't have to text it out loud. Everyone was already thinking it.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:finger:

you didn't have to text it out loud. Everyone was already thinking it.

You still got '82 you fucking cheaters. :yahoo:

I still hate Homer Jordan, The Fridge, and Perry "fucking" Tuttle.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two favorite teams in the SEC are Alabama and Tennessee but I've always felt Tennessee was a huge under performing program with the great stadium it has, its huge alumni base, money out the wazoo, playing in the SEC, etc. It seems to me Tennessee is always a day late and a dollar short for some reason. Hate to see it.

Hate to agree but I have to. You said it perfect " day late and a dollar short". Love and respect the hell out of Fulmer but the game changed and he didn't. Thankfully for Kansas St. and Weinke getting injured, Tennessee got a natty, if it wasn't for that who knows. Not to throw it back, but Oklahoma is running into the same problem. Stoops is damn good if you want to look at the past 15 years but I'm sure with a program like y'alls more is expected with the talent Oklahoma has had. I would't put Oklahoma in the underachieving catagory yet but y'all are running into a similar situation. Can't wait to meet some sooners this year in Knoxville.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU should be a distant leader in this discussion. They are the largest school in the country, have gorgeous women, nice weather, known as a top party school, and located in the middle of a giant metro area with no shortage of attractions. They should be able pluck some of the premier talent out of CA and TX every year.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU should be a distant leader in this discussion. They are the largest school in the country, have gorgeous women, nice weather, known as a top party school, and located in the middle of a giant metro area with no shortage of attractions. They should be able pluck some of the premier talent out of CA and TX every year.

What alumni and boosters do they have to pump money into the program?

What history do they have?

Sure, if a guy wants to get laid, party, and enjoy great weather he'll end up at ASU. If a guy wants to win championships, get to the NFL, and be serious about his future he'll likely go elsewhere.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans.

Fans have a huge effect on the success of a program.

Yep. That's why UNC should be considered a disappointment. We have "basketball" fans. No reason we can't have football fans. If the program weren't a disappointment we'd have more I'm sure. Look at how things change when we're successful.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to agree but I have to. You said it perfect " day late and a dollar short". Love and respect the hell out of Fulmer but the game changed and he didn't. Thankfully for Kansas St. and Weinke getting injured, Tennessee got a natty, if it wasn't for that who knows. Not to throw it back, but Oklahoma is running into the same problem. Stoops is damn good if you want to look at the past 15 years but I'm sure with a program like y'alls more is expected with the talent Oklahoma has had. I would't put Oklahoma in the underachieving catagory yet but y'all are running into a similar situation. Can't wait to meet some sooners this year in Knoxville.

I've seen games in probably 40 different stadiums over the years but I've never had the pleasure of seeing Tennessee take the field at home. That's going to be a hoot. We will lose that game but what the hell. You guys are classy and the OU fans will enjoy coming to Knoxville. Alabama was absolutely a great place to visit and we are expecting the same thing out of the Vols.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen games in probably 40 different stadiums over the years but I've never had the pleasure of seeing Tennessee take the field at home. That's going to be a hoot. We will lose that game but what the hell. You guys are classy and the OU fans will enjoy coming to Knoxville. Alabama was absolutely a great place to visit and we are expecting the same thing out of the Vols.
Went to a Southern Miss game there a few years back. You will love it.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, instead of playing homer, how about using some criteria?

Here is a link showing how much it cost in coaching salary per win. According to this list, the most disappointing are Colorado, Iowa St., Wash. St., UConn, and Kansas
Cost of coaching per victory | Q

Or look at how the teams were ranked by recruiting class and how things turned out?
Then the bottom teams would be Kansas, Maryland, Colorado, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Chart: Which NCAA Football Teams Outplay Their Recruit Rankings?

In both lists, Colorado and Kansas both appear, teams with long traditions, money, and fans who are disappointed, year after year.

Interestingly enough in these lists, the best teams are not ones one would expect. The teams that win the most with the lowest budgets and most disrespected recruits include N. Illinois, Air Force, Navy, Boise St. & Utah St. The teams with the best results are Boise & N. Illinois when compared to budget and expectations in both categories. The worst are Texas, Kansas, & Colorado in mathematical differential between recruiting ranks, budget & wins.

The traditional top programs, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio St., and Oregon get great results, but spend accordingly. Then one should look at the top budget teams and how their results compare, year after year. When a big budget school like Texas with top ranked recruits and huge budgets have mediocre years, that might be the criteria. But of course, each of us will take which ever one makes our own team look best.
:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is a link showing how much it cost in coaching salary per win. According to this list, the most disappointing are Colorado, Iowa St., Wash. St., UConn, and Kansas
Cost of coaching per victory | Q

Or look at how the teams were ranked by recruiting class and how things turned out?
Then the bottom teams would be Kansas, Maryland, Colorado, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Chart: Which NCAA Football Teams Outplay Their Recruit Rankings?

In both lists, Colorado and Kansas both appear, teams with long traditions, money, and fans who are disappointed, year after year.

Interestingly enough in these lists, the best teams are not ones one would expect. The teams that win the most with the lowest budgets and most disrespected recruits include N. Illinois, Air Force, Navy, Boise St. & Utah St. The teams with the best results are Boise & N. Illinois when compared to budget and expectations in both categories. The worst are Texas, Kansas, & Colorado in mathematical differential between recruiting ranks, budget & wins.

The traditional top programs, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio St., and Oregon get great results, but spend accordingly. Then one should look at the top budget teams and how their results compare, year after year. When a big budget school like Texas with top ranked recruits and huge budgets have mediocre years, that might be the criteria. But of course, each of us will take which ever one makes our own team look best.
:noidea:

hs8gn5H.gif

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to 4down to make an ass of himself.
Whatsa matter, little fellow, can't read anything that contains research?
:scratch:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to 4down to make an ass of himself.
Whatsa matter, little fellow, can't read anything that contains research?
:scratch:

I made it this far and started :lol:

Here is a link showing how much it cost in coaching salary per win.
Newsflash, nobody gives a shit that Boise St can't pay their head coaches more than assistant coaches make. You are an embarrassment to the few decent Boise St fans around here. I don't think they really care about being the worlds tallest midget.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor baby.

Need a tissue?

:bawling:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is which programs are the most disappointing?

According to objective criteria, Kansas and Colorado lead the list. If one calculates both budgets, expectations, and recruit rankings, Texas and perhaps Florida have disappointed recently, but both have been outstanding in the past. That may make the current results even more disappointing.

But, I get it, 4down, anything to come up with an insult. Rest well.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a dick...but why isn't Oregon in the top 5 again?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is which programs are the most disappointing?

According to objective criteria, Kansas and Colorado lead the list. If one calculates both budgets, expectations, and recruit rankings, Texas and perhaps Florida have disappointed recently, but both have been outstanding in the past. That may make the current results even more disappointing.

But, I get it, 4down, anything to come up with an insult. Rest well.

Oh please, save it for a forum who doesn't know your bullshit. You are all the time posting this same shit about how much Boise St does with less money, blah blah blah.

In fact, you are so set with the stupid shit you even just posted the same crap in another thread when the entire point of the debate you interrupted was about money differences because you couldn't help yourself from posting about what Boise St did with the money and shit.

You post the same 4 things over and over. We all know what they are and all it takes is reading the first couple of sentences to know which one you are harping out this time.