• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE SummerSlam thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the WHAT!? chants are awful. They have killed some recent promos where there were no business for WHAT chants.

I remember WHAT chants during the Undertaker/HBK feud.....when both those guys were delivering awesome promos and there was absolutely no need for the chant.

WHAT?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even some of his stuff that won't be remembered was amazing. The Straight Edge Society was genius and it was his idea. I can't remember anyone else that has ever been more truly hated than Punk during that time.
The man interrupted Taker's segment for the tribute for Paul Bearer...I mean really. Unreal stuff from Punk back then.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even some of his stuff that won't be remembered was amazing. The Straight Edge Society was genius and it was his idea. I can't remember anyone else that has ever been more truly hated than Punk during that time.

The man interrupted Taker's segment for the tribute for Paul Bearer...I mean really. Unreal stuff from Punk back then.

I guess I am just too old for this new wrestling. I started watching the AWA with nick bockwinkle, Bruiser brody, jerry blackwell, Dick the bruiser and the crusher, the real larry zybisco. Yeah there was a match, then mean gene would have the segment for them to talk. When it started going to wrestlers needing to stand on a stage and talk I started to lose interest. I guess I thought it was a shame, a guy that cant talk, but can perform was a lost cause. Ric Flair going for 45 minutes or an hour in title matches lost way to a 10 minute match and 15 minutes of talk. The little guy champs is just not what interests me because no matter how they sell it, 210 pounder is going to consistently beat a 300 pounder. Thats the route WWE goes, 185 Rey Mysterio, 205 pound punk, 215 bryan 215 Rollins. When Brock had the belt it was believable, but it seems they just planned to use him to make it seem important again, now its back to a joke title.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am just too old for this new wrestling. I started watching the AWA with nick bockwinkle, Bruiser brody, jerry blackwell, Dick the bruiser and the crusher, the real larry zybisco. Yeah there was a match, then mean gene would have the segment for them to talk. When it started going to wrestlers needing to stand on a stage and talk I started to lose interest. I guess I thought it was a shame, a guy that cant talk, but can perform was a lost cause. Ric Flair going for 45 minutes or an hour in title matches lost way to a 10 minute match and 15 minutes of talk. The little guy champs is just not what interests me because no matter how they sell it, 210 pounder is going to consistently beat a 300 pounder. Thats the route WWE goes, 185 Rey Mysterio, 205 pound punk, 215 bryan 215 Rollins. When Brock had the belt it was believable, but it seems they just planned to use him to make it seem important again, now its back to a joke title.
Rollins has made it an important title again. Bryan made it important. Punk made it important. Forget about their size. They were great at what they did.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins has made it an important title again. Bryan made it important. Punk made it important. Forget about their size. They were great at what they did.

come on its a joke again. Who has rollins pinned to retain the title? How many DQ's? There was a time during punks "reign" where people were saying just forget about the WWE title, it was meaningless. Should have kept the NWA world title belt when the WWE title was actually turned into a world title.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the only people who should have the title are Brock......Brock......and Brock?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on its a joke again. Who has rollins pinned to retain the title? How many DQ's? There was a time during punks "reign" where people were saying just forget about the WWE title, it was meaningless. Should have kept the NWA world title belt when the WWE title was actually turned into a world title.
He's a FUCKING HEEL. HEELS DON'T EVER WIN CLEAN.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even during Punk's reign the title mattered, now if a guy like Owens holds it it is the equivalent of Russo or Arquette holding the WCW title.