• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE SummerSlam thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stone Cold passing out to the sharpshooter as blood was gushing from his forehead is the most iconic moment in wrestling in the last 25 years. That was simple, effective storytelling

Brock passing out after the ref missed the submission and the time keeper rang the bell and Lesnar celebrated and UT hit the low blow etc.. was fucking contrived nonsense intended to make both guys look "strong".. upper deck seats were going for over $400 on stubhub this week.. This wasn't a throw away PPV.. what a shitty ending..

I'm glad the NFL season is almost here because I'm at the end of my rope with WWE

Yep, I'm going to watch Raw tonight, and they are going to have to do something major to keep me interested. Otherwise, I'm out.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny.

The "major Summer angle" is supposed to take place tonight

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many options with Kane and Sting and they decide to have video proof that Lesnar won first, while allowing Undertaker to win. This is the point where we say we understand this is all scripted, but its borderline of HHH just laughing in the office about how stupid we must be.

If they are setting up a Taker/Lesnar WM fight them whoever was the person that pitched this idea needs to be canned. They needed to work another angle with Lesnar vs Kane or something in between as now they IMO will be no excitement for it. Either Sting needed to screw UT or Kane screw Lesnar and work an angle where Lesnar retires him or something.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are setting up a Taker/Lesnar WM fight them whoever was the person that pitched this idea needs to be canned. They needed to work another angle with Lesnar vs Kane or something in between as now they IMO will be no excitement for it. Either Sting needed to screw UT or Kane screw Lesnar and work an angle where Lesnar retires him or something.

Night of champions is next, I hope they dont wait til then for Paige to take the title from Nikki, but it would allow Nikki to become the longest reigning womans champ, she is 21 days behind AJ Lee who they seem to want written out of the record books.

I dont know where they go with Lesnar now. Reigns was pictured on the NOC montage, so he may get Rollins, but maybe he and Ambrose will go for the tag gold. Will Lesnar get himself suspended again for the fubar? Really see no sting angle with Lesnar, only see Sting against the authority and I wonder if they will make Seth give up the us title. They wont have him wrestle twice at NOC will they? are they that hungry to get fans behind this goof? That was stings door last time, the authority interfering to keep the title.

We can hope that Kane not being involved will actually mean he wont be around much anymore, but there is a huge chance that Lesnar and Heyman talk shit again and Kane shows to defend his "brother" since he wont be there. Didnt expect Brock at battle ground, so he should have two or three months off again based on his last deal. That spoiler was old news, so maybe someone new backing seth with the authority, Samoa Joe?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far my favorite moment of the night.

What a terrible script though. Timekeeper and the bell was in the opposite corner and no way could they have seen Undertaker tap out when they rang the bell. So many options with Kane and Sting and they decide to have video proof that Lesnar won first, while allowing Undertaker to win. This is the point where we say we understand this is all scripted, but its borderline of HHH just laughing in the office about how stupid we must be.

Best vision from the night was Brocks finger

Best line of the night was king saying he was upset they pulled the women apart. I am kinda getting lost with Lana's kinda horse face, but that 22 inch waist makes me forget about that.
That's literally exactly what I've been saying to friends at work all day. How the hell is the TIMEKEEPER, of all people, supposed to see Taker tap? Makes no sense.

Funny.

The "major Summer angle" is supposed to take place tonight
Sting is also scheduled to appear. What a surprise.

Night of champions is next, I hope they dont wait til then for Paige to take the title from Nikki, but it would allow Nikki to become the longest reigning womans champ, she is 21 days behind AJ Lee who they seem to want written out of the record books.

I dont know where they go with Lesnar now. Reigns was pictured on the NOC montage, so he may get Rollins, but maybe he and Ambrose will go for the tag gold. Will Lesnar get himself suspended again for the fubar? Really see no sting angle with Lesnar, only see Sting against the authority and I wonder if they will make Seth give up the us title. They wont have him wrestle twice at NOC will they? are they that hungry to get fans behind this goof? That was stings door last time, the authority interfering to keep the title.

We can hope that Kane not being involved will actually mean he wont be around much anymore, but there is a huge chance that Lesnar and Heyman talk shit again and Kane shows to defend his "brother" since he wont be there. Didnt expect Brock at battle ground, so he should have two or three months off again based on his last deal. That spoiler was old news, so maybe someone new backing seth with the authority, Samoa Joe?
1. I will NEVER understand why you don't like Rollins unless you hate all the heels, or are just a massive Cena fan. Or don't know that being a dick is his job. He's fantastic in the ring, and proved that SEVERAL times last night. There's a reason he consistently puts on great matches. He's damn good in there. Accidents or not.
2. Samoa Joe is likely down in NXT till the end of the year, considering they're having another big NXT thing in the UK near the end of the year. We can dream, though.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just doesn't make sense on what their direction is if they are going to go with Lesnar and Taker at WM, what logical incentive does UT have to come back especially with that bogus ending, could've been to avenge his brothers career being over or arm broken or something. As well as where do they have Lesnar go now, basically everything is a step down. The only thing that could make sense is if Heyman turns on him

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far my favorite moment of the night.

That's literally exactly what I've been saying to friends at work all day. How the hell is the TIMEKEEPER, of all people, supposed to see Taker tap? Makes no sense.

Sting is also scheduled to appear. What a surprise.

1. I will NEVER understand why you don't like Rollins unless you hate all the heels, or are just a massive Cena fan. Or don't know that being a dick is his job. He's fantastic in the ring, and proved that SEVERAL times last night. There's a reason he consistently puts on great matches. He's damn good in there. Accidents or not.
2. Samoa Joe is likely down in NXT till the end of the year, considering they're having another big NXT thing in the UK near the end of the year. We can dream, though.

No you will never understand why I dont like any loud mouth little guys with the world title and no, I was never a Cena fan. This one expects a bronze statue after 6 months of interference to keep the belt. Its different if I see him as a real person outside on the network, but he is that same arrogance. At least Miz went around with that belt and showed it everywhere.

As much as Lesnar did to make that belt important again, seemingly a UFC or Boxing time frame of defending the belt, now its truly just a dud title again. Just like when punk or bryan held it. Now a guy with one WWE match which he lost is next in line for this waste of a title.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you will never understand why I dont like any loud mouth little guys with the world title and no, I was never a Cena fan. This one expects a bronze statue after 6 months of interference to keep the belt. Its different if I see him as a real person outside on the network, but he is that same arrogance. At least Miz went around with that belt and showed it everywhere.

As much as Lesnar did to make that belt important again, seemingly a UFC or Boxing time frame of defending the belt, now its truly just a dud title again. Just like when punk or bryan held it. Now a guy with one WWE match which he lost is next in line for this waste of a title.
...he's a loud mouth little guy because he's supposed to be a loud mouth little guy. He's literally doing nothing but his job. The statue is a work and you're crazy if you think he's actually going to get a statue put at Headquarters and have it be KEPT there. It'll likely be shown off and then destroyed.

Heels are supposed to be jackasses and assholes who can't win except by help from someone else.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just doesn't make sense on what their direction is if they are going to go with Lesnar and Taker at WM, what logical incentive does UT have to come back especially with that bogus ending, could've been to avenge his brothers career being over or arm broken or something. As well as where do they have Lesnar go now, basically everything is a step down. The only thing that could make sense is if Heyman turns on him
Lesnar, I read, isn't coming back until October 3rd for that event at MSG or something. Taker isn't likely coming back until WM32 Season comes around. So, after Royal Rumble.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lesnar, I read, isn't coming back until October 3rd for that event at MSG or something. Taker isn't likely coming back until WM32 Season comes around. So, after Royal Rumble.

Is anyone going to get excited for that though. Flash forward 5 months when the UT's music hits interupting Lesnar is anyone going to care? It would've made sense to have the UT do his low blows and do a heel run at the Royal Rumble not 6 months until there next encounter.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Bray Wyatt had a new cult member join. What did you think of this Braun Stroman guy? Any potential there?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Bray Wyatt had a new cult member join. What did you think of this Braun Stroman guy? Any potential there?
I don't think he's actually been very trained unless he was trained before he got to NXT. Maybe a little bit between when he was signed a few months back and now but I'm not sure how that'll work with everyone else. Could be a bit dangerous honestly.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say. I love his look though. He's got a real old school vibe to him.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's actually been very trained unless he was trained before he got to NXT. Maybe a little bit between when he was signed a few months back and now but I'm not sure how that'll work with everyone else. Could be a bit dangerous honestly.

I read he was signed in 2013 and they purposely kept him only at house shows and were able to hide him from most of the public. I guess nobody tweets from their house shows or they are just that, only nxt people at the house shows.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...he's a loud mouth little guy because he's supposed to be a loud mouth little guy. He's literally doing nothing but his job. The statue is a work and you're crazy if you think he's actually going to get a statue put at Headquarters and have it be KEPT there. It'll likely be shown off and then destroyed.

Heels are supposed to be jackasses and assholes who can't win except by help from someone else.

See I hate Owens but I actually like Rollins. Without the boytoy gimmick Rollins is doing exactly what Shawn Michaels did. I think the writing and booking is stupid for him but he does the character well and his in ring ability is right up there. Sure he had a fudge up but so do all the great in ring performers.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a real problem with anyone who doesn't like Owens.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats your call, but there is a reason it took him 13 years to make the WWE Roster. We will see who decides to continue to work with him.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats your call, but there is a reason it took him 13 years to make the WWE Roster. We will see who decides to continue to work with him.

How many years did it take Punk? Bryan? Balor? Rollins and Ambrose spent there fair share in other places.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ditto.

Granted i'm biased because I'm a huge fan of Canadian talent but if you take a look. Very Few (Ambrose, Cena, Heyman and Rollins) that could stick match him, he has talent in in-ring work. I think his issue is Simple.................

He only knows that "No Respect for no one heel", i could see him vs taker but that's it