• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE SummerSlam thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years did it take Punk? Bryan? Balor? Rollins and Ambrose spent there fair share in other places.
and punk and bryan were simply flash in the pans and will be forgotten. you dont see that owens watched rollins and ambrose start after him and make it before him.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and punk and bryan were simply flash in the pans and will be forgotten. you dont see that owens watched rollins and ambrose start after him and make it before him.

Bryan and Punk were flash in the pans that will be forgotten? WHAT? Lol that's just.....I'm.....moronic. Your name is accurate. I'm done here.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan and Punk were flash in the pans that will be forgotten? WHAT? Lol that's just.....I'm.....moronic. Your name is accurate. I'm done here.
all I am saying is neither will be remembered like a ric flair. If you consider Punk and Bryan being around a few years as enough to put them in the hall of fame, its up to you. Punk was always whining with injuries that had him sitting with a mic instead of wrestling. Bryan same deal. Its gotta be pretty bad when none of this stuff is real. I guess we see when punk taps out his first MMA match.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I am saying is neither will be remembered like a ric flair. If you consider Punk and Bryan being around a few years as enough to put them in the hall of fame, its up to you. Punk was always whining with injuries that had him sitting with a mic instead of wrestling. Bryan same deal. Its gotta be pretty bad when none of this stuff is real. I guess we see when punk taps out his first MMA match.
Comparing those two to Flair is like comparing Joe Dumars to Michael Jordan

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing those two to Flair is like comparing Joe Dumars to Michael Jordan

Goldberg and Magnum TA had shorter careers than punknbryan, they will be remembered. Just saying it sure does not take much to become such a fan favorite in todays WWE if you are less 200 pounds given the world title, now we are gonna add Owens to the mix, a guy that cant take off his t shirt?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg and Magnum TA had shorter careers than punknbryan, they will be remembered. Just saying it sure does not take much to become such a fan favorite in todays WWE if you are less 200 pounds given the world title, now we are gonna add Owens to the mix, a guy that cant take off his t shirt?
Those are horrible comparisons and I think I'm really beginning to see why you don't like these guys...it's cause you just don't understand the business at all. Goldberg will be remembered because he's a little bitch who whined his way to the top and had a massive unbeaten streak because of it. Now he constantly still bitches outside of the company even though he hasn't worked there for well over a decade.

Saying Punk and Bryan won't be remembered is stupid. You mean a guy who had one of the best WWE Title Reigns in HISTORY (Punk), was a MASSIVE heel and still loved even then, won't be remembered? A guy who was literally great at EVERYTHING he did? Just because of the way he left the company, he won't be remembered? Let's remind you that Punk was never whining while he was still with the WWE about his injuries. He just worked through them. The "whining" came afterwards during that Colt Cabana podcast, and I agree that he hasn't taken anything well since he left. But when he was in the business, he was absolute GOLD at every single thing he ever did.

Bryan? You mean possibly the best in-ring wrestler in the world today when he's healthy? It's not just me saying that either....look it up. Several superstars have said it themselves. He's the best technical wrestler in the world when he is healthy and it really isn't even that close. Not to mention the YES gimmick that won him the World Title at WM 30 and was the most entertaining part of RAW every single week for the year leading up to it. Nobody hated that man, pretty much. I know a few guys who do, but it's just because they're Roman Reigns fans and are mad that he didn't get the title because of Daniel Bryan fans. When you're as over as Bryan was AND STILL IS, there's a significant chance you're not only going to be remembered, but you're going to be idolized. Bryan, during that year, was as over as Austin was in the Attitude Era. Nobody was close.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree with Punk and Bryan being forgotten. Completely agree Owens will be a footnote.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto.

Granted i'm biased because I'm a huge fan of Canadian talent but if you take a look. Very Few (Ambrose, Cena, Heyman and Rollins) that could stick match him, he has talent in in-ring work. I think his issue is Simple.................

He only knows that "No Respect for no one heel", i could see him vs taker but that's it

Everyone has their own opinion but I just don't find one thing about him that is even semi entertaining. Maybe it's his gimmick since it is nowhere near believable or the fact I don't find him entertaining and the WWE is shoving him down our throats.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens...I've already forgotten about him.

Bryan..the YES! Chants will be around for decades just like the WHAT? Chants (which should be banned)

CM Punks cult like following will make him never forgotten. His summer of 2011 will also go down as epic.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are horrible comparisons and I think I'm really beginning to see why you don't like these guys...it's cause you just don't understand the business at all. Goldberg will be remembered because he's a little bitch who whined his way to the top and had a massive unbeaten streak because of it. Now he constantly still bitches outside of the company even though he hasn't worked there for well over a decade.

Saying Punk and Bryan won't be remembered is stupid. You mean a guy who had one of the best WWE Title Reigns in HISTORY (Punk), was a MASSIVE heel and still loved even then, won't be remembered? A guy who was literally great at EVERYTHING he did? Just because of the way he left the company, he won't be remembered? Let's remind you that Punk was never whining while he was still with the WWE about his injuries. He just worked through them. The "whining" came afterwards during that Colt Cabana podcast, and I agree that he hasn't taken anything well since he left. But when he was in the business, he was absolute GOLD at every single thing he ever did.

Bryan? You mean possibly the best in-ring wrestler in the world today when he's healthy? It's not just me saying that either....look it up. Several superstars have said it themselves. He's the best technical wrestler in the world when he is healthy and it really isn't even that close. Not to mention the YES gimmick that won him the World Title at WM 30 and was the most entertaining part of RAW every single week for the year leading up to it. Nobody hated that man, pretty much. I know a few guys who do, but it's just because they're Roman Reigns fans and are mad that he didn't get the title because of Daniel Bryan fans. When you're as over as Bryan was AND STILL IS, there's a significant chance you're not only going to be remembered, but you're going to be idolized. Bryan, during that year, was as over as Austin was in the Attitude Era. Nobody was close.

Best in ring technical wrestler who's moves are running across like a billy goat and kicking a guy in the chest after he falls down to his knees so he could reach his chest? Maybe I just see how bad they force the wrestlers to look when they are in the ring with them.

Punks reign was littered with his little sit on the stage and bitch moments. That pretty much ranks up there with Nikki Bellas current streak for not defending a title.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say it's actually harder today.

Many guys who couldn't wrestle a lick were fan favorites in the old days....not so much today, as the fans will get on a guy if they can't wrestle.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens...I've already forgotten about him.

Bryan..the YES! Chants will be around for decades just like the WHAT? Chants (which should be banned)

CM Punks cult like following will make him never forgotten. His summer of 2011 will also go down as epic.

So all the fans yelling What when they dont want to hear a wrestler speak are still homage to Stone cold then thats fine. but look at the length of time stone cold was critical to this company and compare it to the year of Bryan. Lets remember, the what chants were like a metronome for stone cold, now it more what they do when they want to make the wrestler stumble over his rants that say we are not listening to you.

I'd say it's actually harder today.

Many guys who couldn't wrestle a lick were fan favorites in the old days....not so much today, as the fans will get on a guy if they can't wrestle.

No, todays fans will get on a guy if they can't perform. They are making it clear this is all fake on podcasts, thru tough enough, its more about the act now than the wrestling. At least before they still had enough of the fans believing more than just the performance.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the WHAT!? chants are awful. They have killed some recent promos where there were no business for WHAT chants.

I remember WHAT chants during the Undertaker/HBK feud.....when both those guys were delivering awesome promos and there was absolutely no need for the chant.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, todays fans will get on a guy if they can't perform.

Ummm..that was my point.

20 years ago you'd rarely hear chants such as 'you can't wrestle' or 'please retire.' You'f have guys who couldn't wrestle a quality match to save their lives put in the main event scene, and fans would love that because they looked like superheroes or mythological figures.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm..that was my point.

20 years ago you'd rarely hear chants such as 'you can't wrestle' or 'please retire.' You'f have guys who couldn't wrestle a quality match to save their lives put in the main event scene, and fans would love that because they looked like superheroes or mythological figures.

You said Wrestle, not perform. Thats the difference to me, they are working harder to sell moves now than they work on to make it look real.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Wrestle, not perform. Thats the difference to me, they are working harder to sell moves now than they work on to make it look real.

Semantics, if anything....my point being if a guy can't put on a good/quality match, the fans will let him hear it nowadays. What if a guy like Ultimate Warrior was wrestling today...I think the fans would be much less likely to accept him as a fan favorite main event guy.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics, if anything....my point being if a guy can't put on a good/quality match, the fans will let him hear it nowadays. What if a guy like Ultimate Warrior was wrestling today...I think the fans would be much less likely to accept him as a fan favorite main event guy.
LOL so true. Ultimate Warrior although one of my all time favorites, really was an awful awful wrestler. But the dude could entertain!

His no sell vs Triple H's pedigree was a classic.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best in ring technical wrestler who's moves are running across like a billy goat and kicking a guy in the chest after he falls down to his knees so he could reach his chest? Maybe I just see how bad they force the wrestlers to look when they are in the ring with them.

Punks reign was littered with his little sit on the stage and bitch moments. That pretty much ranks up there with Nikki Bellas current streak for not defending a title.
So you only watch a small part of Bryan's matches? Makes sense why you don't make any sense at all. He has so many more moves it's ridiculous. Those are just his moves to get the crowd amped up. Go to YouTube and watch his best moves in the WWE. You'll be surprised.

Oh, and you're again bashing a heel for doing something he's supposed to be doing...let's just completely forget about the epic feuds he had while he had that title. Forget about Ryback cause nobody gave a damn about that one. Heels bitch. It's what they do. Punk had some incredible matches during that 434-day long title reign. You're just a bit too close-minded to go look at em. How about vs Undertaker at Mania 29? Or vs Cena at MITB 2011? He had so many amazing moments during his career. He was the absolute biggest asshole on screen that I had seen at that time since Edge. Nobody plays a better heel in the company than guys like Punk, Jericho, Edge, HHH, etc. He'll be remembered simply for being great at everything that he did. His career, while short, was great.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you only watch a small part of Bryan's matches? Makes sense why you don't make any sense at all. He has so many more moves it's ridiculous. Those are just his moves to get the crowd amped up. Go to YouTube and watch his best moves in the WWE. You'll be surprised.

Oh, and you're again bashing a heel for doing something he's supposed to be doing...let's just completely forget about the epic feuds he had while he had that title. Forget about Ryback cause nobody gave a damn about that one. Heels bitch. It's what they do. Punk had some incredible matches during that 434-day long title reign. You're just a bit too close-minded to go look at em. How about vs Undertaker at Mania 29? Or vs Cena at MITB 2011? He had so many amazing moments during his career. He was the absolute biggest asshole on screen that I had seen at that time since Edge. Nobody plays a better heel in the company than guys like Punk, Jericho, Edge, HHH, etc. He'll be remembered simply for being great at everything that he did. His career, while short, was great.

And even some of his stuff that won't be remembered was amazing. The Straight Edge Society was genius and it was his idea. I can't remember anyone else that has ever been more truly hated than Punk during that time.