• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SummerSlam and NXT Takeover

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, the live events for post summer slam to the beginning of September are Reigns vs Stroman. So no way owens get the briefcase, Braun cashes in and leaves with the title.

If true that's close to a spoiler.

As far the storyline on TV they've played it close to the vest

Last edited:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards are as follows for this weekend:

Summerslam:
Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Title - Lesnar
AJ Styles (c) vs Samoa Joe for the WWE Title - Styles
Dolph Ziggler (c) w/ Drew McIntyre vs Seth Rollins w/Dean Ambrose for the IC Title - Ziggler
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Jeff Hardy for the US Title - Nakamura.
Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens for the MITB briefcase - Strowman
Alexa Bliss (c) vs Ronda Rousey for the Raw Women's Title - Bliss
Carmella (c) vs Charlotte vs Becky Lycnh for the SD Women's title - Carmella.
Bludgeon Bros (c) vs New Day for the SD Tag Titles - Bludgeon.
B-Team (c) vs The Revival for the Raw Tag Titles - DQ for someone.
Cedric Alexander (c) vs Drew Gulak for the CW title - IDK
Daniel Bryan vs The Miz - Bryan
Baron Corbin vs Finn Balor - Balor
Rusev and Lana vs Andrade Almas and Zelina Vega - Almas and Vega.

Pretty strong chance the NXT show will once again be better than the big show. As for SS, I don't really care what happens as long as Brock Lesnar loses that damn belt. I don't even care how it happens at his point.

* I see Rusev and Lana being cost by English. This is one of the distraction losses.
* Corbin gets "humbled" by Balor in major PPV.
* I think Bryan vs Miz is a win-win. I see both will be getting push. Bryan is on the rise, but not sure who wins.
* IDK anything about cruisers.
* Not enough tag teams on card, so I see a DQ happening.
* I think this will be a fun one to watch.
* It is basically 2-on-1 with the 2 not letting each other win. Carmella sneaks the win.
* I don't see them giving Rousey the belt so soon, but I see her looking better. Also, Bliss is a good heel champion.
* Owens won in the cage. I also think it would be a mistake to take a briefcase from Strowman.
* Hardy had the belt for credibility, now I see him being used to get wrestlers over as a jobber.
* IC Title will be best match of PPV. All 4 involved are fun to watch.
* Styles vs Samoa Joe will be up there with Ziggler-Rollins match.
* It is win-win for Lesnar with the belt in UFC. If he wins, it makes the belt more legitimate. If he loses, he still has the belt and the storyline continues.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow...

Hope this wasn't supposed to be a heel turn for Becky. She just went 97 SCSA anti-hero with that postmatch beatdown

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That inverted superplex was.....

Hw9N.gif

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY. I hope it's another decade before we see Lesnar in WWE again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Universal Title is on a full time wrestler again. For that alone, I'm satisfied with the show.

But it also helped we had some good matches. Ziggler/Rollins, Miz/Bryan, AJ/Joe all delivered. Liked the US and SD Tag Title matches as well

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Universal Title is on a full time wrestler again. For that alone, I'm satisfied with the show.

But it also helped we had some good matches. Ziggler/Rollins, Miz/Bryan, AJ/Joe all delivered. Liked the US and SD Tag Title matches as well

Just the wrong full timer but meh can't get everything.

I slso liked the 3 way dance for the SD women's tittie

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So much I loved about the show other than just great matches..

SD is setup with Joe/Styles, Becky/Charlotte and Miz/Bryan fueds for the next couple months. That should guarantee compelling TV.

Balor needed that squash win. Has a ton of momentum and feel like he's back in the main event picture.

Happy for Roman. He's been a workhorse for the company for years and he's earned that spot. One observation.. unless they're turning someone, trading for a heel from SD, or Drew McIntyre is getting put in the title picture right away (wouldn't complain) there's not many credible heel opponents. Maybe Lashley turns and eventually Ambrose.

The singles champs in WWE right now are murder's row...
NXT- Ciampa, Riccochet, Sane
Raw- Reigns, Rollins, Rousey
Sd- Styles, Nakamura, Charlotte

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a massively pleasant surprise seeing the demon as well. I like it better when they don't tell us he is going to show up and just do it.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just glad we got a full time champ on RAW again, you can do a lot more when your champ's there every week.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just glad we got a full time champ on RAW again, you can do a lot more when your champ's there every week.

Yes, like drop it to a face who doesn't get boo'd by the crowd.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

man, yall gotta lighten up

I do think it's funny how much people don't like Reigns because of how much WWE has forced him down their throats.

If this was gonna happen though, it should've happened at WM.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the wrong full timer but meh can't get everything.

I slso liked the 3 way dance for the SD women's tittie

Until the end. It makes no fucking sense for Becky to be the heel. Not in kayfabe, not in real life. Plus, she should have won the damn belt anyway. The crowd was right; she deserves it

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the end. It makes no fucking sense for Becky to be the heel. Not in kayfabe, not in real life. Plus, she should have won the damn belt anyway. The crowd was right; she deserves it

It actually does make sense in theory, she's tried to play nice and has come up short every match she's been in ever since she lost the title back when they introduced it. It's classic face gets tired of playing by the rules and getting nowhere so they're gonna turn heel and win it anyway they can story.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually does make sense in theory, she's tried to play nice and has come up short every match she's been in ever since she lost the title back when they introduced it. It's classic face gets tired of playing by the rules and getting nowhere so they're gonna turn heel and win it anyway they can story.

I don't think it really does though. It'd work if she was getting matches, playing nice, and always coming up short. But this was Charlotte coming in and taking her spot that she earned. She's actually justified. She's the victim the way WWE told the story. The heel snap is when they get tired and just go the other way, cheating to win, not giving a fuck. Her actions in this are actually reasonable given what's been done to her and as the underdog she's been, it actually gives her more credence, which is why the fans still cheer her and cheered even louder when she "snapped".

And then tonight on SD, they even throw in more nonsensical mess with Becky in the promo saying she got sick of the fans overlooking her and not supporting her which is 100% bullshit. It is literally WWE going against reality. That's entirely the wrong angle to play. If WWE wants Becky to be heel, they need to find another way to do it because the way they are going about it so far isn't it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it really does though. It'd work if she was getting matches, playing nice, and always coming up short. But this was Charlotte coming in and taking her spot that she earned. She's actually justified. She's the victim the way WWE told the story. The heel snap is when they get tired and just go the other way, cheating to win, not giving a fuck. Her actions in this are actually reasonable given what's been done to her and as the underdog she's been, it actually gives her more credence, which is why the fans still cheer her and cheered even louder when she "snapped".

And then tonight on SD, they even throw in more nonsensical mess with Becky in the promo saying she got sick of the fans overlooking her and not supporting her which is 100% bullshit. It is literally WWE going against reality. That's entirely the wrong angle to play. If WWE wants Becky to be heel, they need to find another way to do it because the way they are going about it so far isn't it.
It's absolutely ridiculous that in just over 3 years on the main roster, Charlotte has already held a title (Raw champ, SD champ and Diva champ) 7 different times. The fans are sick and tired of her being on top.