• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royal Rumble 2019 (also NXT Takeover sat night)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good show, but went far too long.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez that was long. At least it was a good show, but still. They could probably do with less matches in the future. Both title matches were really good. Loved the Women's rumble and how they just used current women showing you how stacked their women's roster is. Also, holy shit is Kacy Catanzaro TINY. She looked like a kid out there, even compared to Alexa Bliss. Men's Rumble was pretty solid. What's funny is I was watching with my cousin and we both called Jeff Jarrett coming out when we saw Elias start it off. I could have done without the Nia but whatever. They had to kill some time there at the end so that provided some surprise and intrigue before we got to the predictable winner. Not that I'm opposed to Rollins winning, just saying you pretty much knew he was winning, especially once Lashley laid him out.

I was at work. What was the storyline reason R Truth got replaced?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounded boring and predictable outside of Lesnar winning by submission.

Second biggest surprised was probably the interference in Bryan/Styles.

Maybe Harper and Rowan start a new cult following DB and Bray comes back as a babyface to try and reclaim his family?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Harper and Rowan start a new cult following DB and Bray comes back as a babyface to try and reclaim his family?

WM match?????

Would make a decent build up if so.

When I first heard of Rowan interfering, my mind first went to Styles/Wyatt at WM

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez that was long. At least it was a good show, but still. They could probably do with less matches in the future. Both title matches were really good. Loved the Women's rumble and how they just used current women showing you how stacked their women's roster is. Also, holy shit is Kacy Catanzaro TINY. She looked like a kid out there, even compared to Alexa Bliss. Men's Rumble was pretty solid. What's funny is I was watching with my cousin and we both called Jeff Jarrett coming out when we saw Elias start it off. I could have done without the Nia but whatever. They had to kill some time there at the end so that provided some surprise and intrigue before we got to the predictable winner. Not that I'm opposed to Rollins winning, just saying you pretty much knew he was winning, especially once Lashley laid him out.

I'm thinking that the end thing between Banks/Rousey was unscripted( you know the whole 4 fingers after the handshake), ditto for the Celebration for the Co besties winning tag gold.

BTW is it me or did Shane do a Lesnar and Fuck up the shooting star. He looked a little glassy eyed after the match for a bit

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But ya. It went on a little too long for me too.

I think that they, using Pacific time zone so adjust accordingly, for a 8:45 finish but I think a couple things happened that Vince and Hunter just rolled with.

What pissed me off is why no Vevellenteen ( sp) dream in the Rumble. I get Black and Dunne and Johnny Gargeno( a bit) but I would have given dream a spot over Hawkins and there was another quick elimination that I cant remember now

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good show, but why do you have Becky lose clean?

Smackdown Women's title has to mean something. If Asuka wins cheaply, that title becomes cheap. Can't have that at Wrestlemania after her streak ended last year. Gotta make her seem legit.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smackdown Women's title has to mean something. If Asuka wins cheaply, that title becomes cheap. Can't have that at Wrestlemania after her streak ended last year. Gotta make her seem legit.

But now the Raw title will be cheap, since Becky lost clean and ran away to Raw.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But now the Raw title will be cheap, since Becky lost clean and ran away to Raw.

Not necessarily. Ronda hasn't made the Raw title cheap. She's actually made it pretty legit and this feud with Becky will just make it that much more legit. The clean loss does nothing to make Becky look cheap because of that kind of match they had. Made Asuka legit, made the title legit. The way Becky lost, in my opinion, was okay for all situations. Now if the rumors are true and they end up adding Charlotte to the Becky/Ronda match...that would just be complete and total bullshit.