• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF Pace

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His all but guaranteed release? He was'nt staying?? You got info I don't? His cap number made him even more worth keeping. I do hold this move against Pace because it was a bad one in every way. I give him credit when it's do. And I hold him accountable for both good and bad moves. We could have used that first pick on a defender instead of a WR who can't help us. FKN waste of a first pick. I like the guy but with Cutler he will be a waste of talent. And No I don't believe the next QB will be any good either, I'm a Bears fan there is no such thing as a good QB. Thier a myth.

Do you have a crystal ball?

Pace hasn't even been the Bears GM for an entire mini-camp yet. Yet, you're giving out final grades on every single move he's made.

Give me a break Noon. Take the melodrama down a few notches, please.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had stated what moves I like and what moves I have not Rich. No grades and no final thoughts What the hell is this board for anyway? It's so we can all throw our 2 cents in. Besides my 2 cents is worth 38.50.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had stated what moves I like and what moves I have not Rich. No grades and no final thoughts What the hell is this board for anyway? It's so we can all throw our 2 cents in. Besides my 2 cents is worth 38.50.

I don't know, we inflate or deflate the $ worthiness of posters here, so after a bad post, you might only be worth 33.27.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe...........I`ve seen every bear from 1975 on,and I gotta disagree with our HOF`er qb Cutler,McMahon was the better qb.....sorry

Mcmahon had more leadership and passion in his little pinky than Cuitler in his whole body.

The Thursday night game vs the Vikings in 85 is a defining moment for Jimmy Mac.Bears losing in the 3rd qtr,McMahon came in for Fuller and his first pass was a 70 yd td pass to gault.Next series,first play and ? yd pass to McKinnon..........
There is nothing that I can remember about Cutler that actually sticks in my mind.......nothing.

That would be the only QB I would consider as good as Jay or better and my opinion goes back to 1968.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it means anything, but almost every pundit I've seen has graded the Bears draft very high.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Opinions are great! The whole point! Except you're not really doing that. You're saying one thing, and doing another.

Your talking about "holding him accountable" and "giving him credit where it's due" for draft picks that occurred a few days ago. There is nothing to be held accountable for yet, and there is nothing to give him credit for yet.

I do hold this move against Pace because it was a bad one in every way. I give him credit when it's do. And I hold him accountable for both good and bad moves.

You are speaking here in past tense. As if you already KNOW that this was a bad move. That's all I am saying.

To use an analogy, you're leading an impeachment campaign against a president who has yet to take office. I just think you should try to chill the hell out man. I clearly have zero problem with anyone giving their opinion, as you said, that is the whole point here. However, I am also perfectly allowed to give a response to your opinion, and I might just disagree.

I believe you have been super melodramatic throughout this entire off-season. You've been taking the antagonist position on just about every move this team has made, and then you more or less run to the utmost extreme with those opinions.

For instance, disagreeing with the Kevin White pick. Then going as far as to basically say; "Well, I think he's very talented, but he'll be utterly useless to us because our QB is AWFUL! And you know what? I don't even care who the next QB he is… HE'S AWFUL TOO!" Like dude… the kids is TWENTY-FUCKING-TWO. If he is in fact talented, he will be here longer than Jay Cutler. You don't have the slightest clue of what this team will be a few years down the line. And a WR with huge potential can't help us? In what universe does this make sense!? It's like you're going out of your way to attempt to be a parody of an over reactionary sports fan.

Saying the next QB will be bad simply because he will be a Bear is absurd, and you know it. Then, also suggesting that the Bears should blatantly just give up on obtaining talent at WR??? What? Yeah, you're right… they should throw Leo and AI out there. Why not? What's the difference? Right?

Also, I love how this all blatantly ignores the fact that we've already had one young WR who has grown here with Cutler under center, made a pro bowl and looks like he'll be a damn fine receiver for a long time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe...........I`ve seen every bear from 1975 on,and I gotta disagree with our HOF`er qb Cutler,McMahon was the better qb.....sorry

Mcmahon had more leadership and passion in his little pinky than Cuitler in his whole body.

The Thursday night game vs the Vikings in 85 is a defining moment for Jimmy Mac.Bears losing in the 3rd qtr,McMahon came in for Fuller and his first pass was a 70 yd td pass to gault.Next series,first play and ? yd pass to McKinnon..........
There is nothing that I can remember about Cutler that actually sticks in my mind.......nothing.

That's so utterly ridiculous.

McMahon was an average QB at best, and I believe it was already mentioned that he had a higher interception rate than Cutler. All of this while surrounded by possibly the best team the NFL has ever seen.

Tough/great Cutler moments?

I seem to remember a playoff game where Cutler led the Bears to a blowout victory, had 4 TD's 0 INT's and a 120 QB rating. Not to mention, ran over a Seattle defensive back in the snow to stretch out at the goal line for the score. At the end of 2010 and 2011 up until his injury, he possibly had the best stretch of QB play this franchise has seen in the modern era.

I also vividly remember Cutler getting right in Ndamokung Suh's grill ready to fight after taking a shot in his own end zone in the midst of 38-6 trouncing of the Detroit Lions in 2011. Then going down the field for a score. Playing on a broken ankle in 2013, hopping on one foot down the field versus Detroit? Ring any bells?

The dude got the shit beat out of him at a record setting rate in 2010, and led them to the brink of the super bowl with two kick returners for WR's. The physical beating he's taken alone in this damn town… christ almighty.

I swear… this is the only place in my life where I can wind up defending Jay fucking Cutler. It's ridiculous. I think the guy stinks at this point, yet I sound like his number one fan on here half of the time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions are great! The whole point! Except you're not really doing that. You're saying one thing, and doing another.

Your talking about "holding him accountable" and "giving him credit where it's due" for draft picks that occurred a few days ago. There is nothing to be held accountable for yet, and there is nothing to give him credit for yet.

I do hold this move against Pace because it was a bad one in every way. I give him credit when it's do. And I hold him accountable for both good and bad moves.

You are speaking here in past tense. As if you already KNOW that this was a bad move. That's all I am saying.

To use an analogy, you're leading an impeachment campaign against a president who has yet to take office. I just think you should try to chill the hell out man. I clearly have zero problem with anyone giving their opinion, as you said, that is the whole point here. However, I am also perfectly allowed to give a response to your opinion, and I might just disagree.

if him and Grasu pan out, I think we are a left tackle away from a dominant oline You've been taking the antagonist position on just about every move this team has made, and then you more or less run to the utmost extreme with those opinions.

For instance, disagreeing with the Kevin White pick. Then going as far as to basically say; "Well, I think he's very talented, but he'll be utterly useless to us because our QB is AWFUL! And you know what? I don't even care who the next QB he is… HE'S AWFUL TOO!" Like dude… the kids is TWENTY-FUCKING-TWO. If he is in fact talented, he will be here longer than Jay Cutler. You don't have the slightest clue of what this team will be a few years down the line. And a WR with huge potential can't help us? In what universe does this make sense!? It's like you're going out of your way to attempt to be a parody of an over reactionary sports fan.

Saying the next QB will be bad simply because he will be a Bear is absurd, and you know it. Then, also suggesting that the Bears should blatantly just give up on obtaining talent at WR??? What? Yeah, you're right… they should throw Leo and AI out there. Why not? What's the difference? Right?

Also, I love how this all blatantly ignores the fact that we've already had one young WR who has grown here with Cutler under center, made a pro bowl and looks like he'll be a damn fine receiver for a long time.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I seem to remember a playoff game where Cutler led the Bears to a blowout victory, had 4 TD's 0 INT's and a 120 QB rating.

Remind me, what game was that? Was this when he was with Denver?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't throw 2 cents in, though. You only throw a penny because you have no common sense.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Seattle? He didn't throw 4 TDs and have a 120 rating in that game. He threw 2 TDs and had a 111 rating. Very solid game against a mediocre team, but not really anything exceptional or unforgettable. I think richig was referring to something else, though offhand I'm not sure.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle? He didn't throw 4 TDs and have a 120 rating in that game. He threw 2 TDs and had a 111 rating. Very solid game against a mediocre team, but not really anything exceptional or unforgettable. I think richig was referring to something else, though offhand I'm not sure.

He had 4 TD's. Two throwing two running.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was against a team with a losing record that was lucky to be in the playoffs.

Who just beat the defending Super Bowl champs the week before… right. Divisional playoffs, totally a meaningless game. Give me a break. The guy just can't win. My lord.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who just beat the defending Super Bowl champs the week before… right. Divisional playoffs, totally a meaningless game. Give me a break. The guy just can't win. My lord.
Defending champions means absolutely nothing. The Saints weren't the same team that won super bowl. The Seahawks also got to play the playoff opener at home where they are unbeatable, then they had to play us on the road Where they sucked. Let's not overrate that game. It had stat padder written all over it heading into that Sunday. How'd he do in that NFC championship game before he got hurt?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler.....the man with more excuses from fans than Juan Epstein.............sheesh

You got that shit right............

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending champions means absolutely nothing. The Saints weren't the same team that won super bowl. The Seahawks also got to play the playoff opener at home where they are unbeatable, then they had to play us on the road Where they sucked. Let's not overrate that game. It had stat padder written all over it heading into that Sunday. How'd he do in that NFC championship game before he got hurt?
Jay Cutler beat Seattle and had the highest Qb rating in Qwest field history