• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF Pace

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish emily was still here. Pace dumps a elite WR then use a much needed no.7 pick on a WR. I'm gonna puke. Why did we not keep BM and draft D? Were fucked. I'm sorry to be the negative guy on the Bear board but I'm frustrated. We drafted a good player but added nothing. At best were back to where we were. Hope things get better but I have little faith in Pace. Infact he has yet to make a move I like.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish emily was still here. Pace dumps a elite WR then use a much needed no.7 pick on a WR. I'm gonna puke. Why did we not keep BM and draft D? Were fucked. I'm sorry to be the negative guy on the Bear board but I'm frustrated. We drafted a good player but added nothing. At best were back to where we were. Hope things get better but I have little faith in Pace. Infact he has yet to make a move I like.

The Marshall trade freed up cap space should they opt to sign AJ to another deal. Since Marshall was traded and not cut, he's off the books completely. IIRC, nothing dead money wise lingers or gets accelerated to this cap year.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The root problem isn't Marshall or White, it is still Cutler. Marshall would have been a waste for the next year maybe 2 until Cutler is gone and by that time Marshall would be a real waste with a new QB. No argument on the D side of the ball. The Bears have made a lot of off season moves on the D side, but lets see what the rest of the draft looks like. I'll reserve judgement till we are done with rounds 5.

I bet we tried to dump Allen but had no takers too. That contract should be removed as fast as possible as well. Complete waste of his talent in this new D.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to suck next year no matter what. I think taking the BPA is the best idea in the first and especially the early first. White was imo the BPA at that time. I'm going to wait on judging this pick until after white plays. If he turns into a pro bowler, then pace is a genius talent evaluator and a clever, ballsy GM. If he's just another guy, I am going to call it a bad pick, which isn't a huge deal because every GM misses, but it can't happen often.

I look at it this way, drafting White is not helping the defense at all, which is what we need, but drafting white gives us another big beast of a wr, so Gase can start installing his new offense. I think it's also telling us that Jay is our QB next year. He loves throwing to big Wrs.

I seriously doubt this is the case, but maybe marshall has something to do with Jay Cutlers struggles. When Jay first came to the bears, he was playing with junk wrs, but I remember him making much better decisions while under duress from the dline on every play. Once marshall comes in, Jay gets his old buddy that he used to throw every pass to, goes into a new offense, and starts to rely on marshall again. I think this could be the front offices idea here after plan A, trading cutler, failed. Even if cutler fails again, the Bears have a chance to plug is another QB to an already threatening offense.

I just think BPA was the best strategy at 7th overall and that's what they did.

Noon, you need to let go of marshall. The Man's career is practically over. He might have another 1 or 2 1,000 yard seasons left, but he's more likely to get injured. If we had kept him he would've been worthless before we are ever good again. He had to go.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love how some people just ignore Marshall was a ticking time bomb that blew up about 4 or 5 times last season, and played a large part in burning a locker room to ground. As if Pace just got rid of him to fuck with people or something. lol… "Ah… this will be funny!"

The guy is like a smoking hot girlfriend that's bat shit crazy. Sure, at first it's great. You're banging her and she's smoking hot. So naturally you want to convince yourself that she just gets a raw deal, and that your friends don't know what they're talking about when they warn you about her. You buy into her sob stories and listen to her daddy issues. "Oh, no… I'm not a whore!"… She says while she sobs. "My therapist told me it's borderline personality disorder!"… So you say to yourself; "You know what? Nobody understands this girl. But I do..."

The warning signs of instability are there, but they're quickly dismissed… you're in denial, I mean look at her. She's amazing! Your family warns you about their fears, and your friends continue to remind you about her unstable and violent past relationships. But what do they know? They don't know her like YOU know her!

Then, a year later you wake up and she's dropping your dick in the garbage disposal. Because she thinks you're banging your secretary… Only problem is, you're a long shore man. You don't have a secretary.

You cut ties with her, and want to get her as far away as possible. But hey… she's a smoking hot chick. There's always another poor guy drawn to her, thinking he can fix her. But no hope… the process just starts all over again with another poor schlub. Starts off great, but it will end in disaster.

That's Brandon Marshall… a smoking hot chick dropping your dick in the garbage disposal.
Got to love how some people just ignore Marshall was a ticking time bomb that blew up about 4 or 5 times last season, and played a large part in burning a locker room to ground. As if Pace just got rid of him to fuck with people or something. lol… "Ah… this will be funny!"

The guy is like a smoking hot girlfriend that's bat shit crazy. Sure, at first it's great. You're banging her and she's smoking hot. So naturally you want to convince yourself that she just gets a raw deal, and that your friends don't know what they're talking about when they warn you about her. You buy into her sob stories and listen to her daddy issues. "Oh, no… I'm not a whore. My therapist told me it's borderline personality disorder!"… So you say to yourself; "You know what? Nobody understands this girl. But I do..."

The warning signs of instability are there, but they're quickly dismissed… you're in denial, I mean look at her. She's amazing!

Then, a year later you wake up and she's dropping your dick in the garbage disposal because she thinks you're banging your secretary… Only problem is, you're a long shore man. You don't have a secretary.

You cut ties with her, and want to get her as far away as possible. But hey… she's a smoking hot chick. There's always another poor guy drawn to her, thinking he can fix her. But no hope… the process just starts all over again with another guy. Starts off great, but it will end in disaster.

That's Brandon Marshall… a smoking hot chick dropping your dick in the garbage disposal.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy is like a smoking hot girlfriend that's bat shit crazy. Sure, at first it's great. You're banging her and she's smoking hot. So naturally you want to convince yourself that she just gets a raw deal, and that your friends don't know what they're talking about when they warn you about her. You buy into her sob stories and listen to her daddy issues. "Oh, no… I'm not a whore. My therapist told me it's borderline personality disorder!"… So you say to yourself; "You know what? Nobody understands this girl. But I do..."

The warning signs of instability are there, but they're quickly dismissed… you're in denial, I mean look at her. She's amazing!

Then, a year later you wake up and she's dropping your dick in the garbage disposal because she thinks you're banging your secretary… Only problem is, you're a long shore man. You don't have a secretary.

You cut ties with her, and want to get her as far away as possible. But hey… she's a smoking hot chick. There's always another poor guy drawn to her, thinking he can fix her. But no hope… the process just starts all over again with another guy. Starts off great, but it will end in disaster.

Is this a personal experience you have had?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was stupid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marshall trade freed up cap space should they opt to sign AJ to another deal. Since Marshall was traded and not cut, he's off the books completely. IIRC, nothing dead money wise lingers or gets accelerated to this cap year.
We spent more on replacing BM then we spent on BM. Both in money and draft picks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me guys which one would have helped our team more. Keeping BM and using our pick on a top D player or letting BM go and using our top pick to replace him and spending more on replacing him then he cost.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(That's Brandon Marshall… a smoking hot chick dropping your dick in the garbage disposal.) BM got a little crazy as we started losing but also because we had no leadership at the top. Fox could have kept him inline where Tdog never stood a chance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bmarshall
Man look how things work out baby bro. #Chicago you have a MONSTER. Follow my baby boy.. . Great athlete but a better MAN.. . @mrwhite

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We spent more on replacing BM then we spent on BM. Both in money and draft picks.

Huh? How do you conclude that? This would have been the first year of the extension he signed awhile back. Rookie contracts arent what they were a few years ago. Whites max contract value wont come close to Marshalls extension- which IIRC was 39 mil.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now, but the Bears may finally have made a good draft pick.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont we see what really happened? Bears tried all day to trade Jay Cutler, reality set in that nobody wants him, so the only way to plead forgiveness is get him yet another weapon. This is Cutler 101, required course for any coach and GM that are stuck with him.

White is a really good player. does all the things that Cutler needs, goes up and snatches footballs out of mid air. If he can ever hit him in stride its gonna be a touchdown, this guy has all the marshall in traffic talent but also has 4.3 speed. He is truly a beast. All things considered, they used #7 for the BPA philosophy. Experts were really 50-50 on who the best receiver was in this class, Cooper is ready now, most think White will be the better player.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The guy is like a smoking hot girlfriend that's bat shit crazy. Sure, at first it's great. You're banging her and she's smoking hot. So naturally you want to convince yourself that she just gets a raw deal, and that your friends don't know what they're talking about when they warn you about her. You buy into her sob stories and listen to her daddy issues. "Oh, no… I'm not a whore!"… She says while she sobs. "My therapist told me it's borderline personality disorder!"… So you say to yourself; "You know what? Nobody understands this girl. But I do..."

The warning signs of instability are there, but they're quickly dismissed… you're in denial, I mean look at her. She's amazing! Your family warns you about their fears, and your friends continue to remind you about her unstable and violent past relationships. But what do they know? They don't know her like YOU know her!

Then, a year later you wake up and she's dropping your dick in the garbage disposal. Because she thinks you're banging your secretary… Only problem is, you're a long shore man. You don't have a secretary.

You cut ties with her, and want to get her as far away as possible. But hey… she's a smoking hot chick. There's always another poor guy drawn to her, thinking he can fix her. But no hope… the process just starts all over again with another poor schlub. Starts off great, but it will end in disaster.

Candidate for post of the year.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Ok, so...while I had a somewhat mixed opinion of the Marshall trade, and am generally pleased wih the white pick, something interesting to consider.

If he bears don't trade Marshall to the jets, it is not totally out of the question that the jets would have drafted White. Meaning who would have slid to #7?

Yeah, well, one of those things.