• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jake Bobo......................

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm doing a discord madden 24 sim league with Seattle. We had 3 Boosts( Witherspoon (84->89 and Mafe 78-82 and star development were the under 2 if you care). I was trying to use PFF for evidence for the boosts. This is what i found for Evidence using PFF (68->80 and star)
This was in Midseason LY

5) WR JAKE BOBO, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: 81.0
Bobo's role was reduced in Week 8, but he still found the end zone once on just three touches. Even though the Seattle receiving corps is returning to full health, the 2023 undrafted free agent will find his way into the lineup sooner or later. His 86.3 receiving grade over the last three games not only leads the class but also ranks in the top five among all receivers.

THAT IS AMONG ROOKIES AT MID SEASON

3rd best blocking Run Blocking WR

WR Jake Bobo: 89.7 overall After Preseason.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured we can sit now and talk about him since season is gone

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tyler returns I'll be curious to see whether Seattle will really pursue much at tight end. Just cheaper guys that can block well... Grubb seems to love using his wideouts so I have to wonder how much TE presence will have. And then more of Bobo on run and 4 WR territory.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobo as a hybrid TE :) HE NEEDS TO GET ON THE FIELD!

Jerry Rice had a 4.67 40 and Bobo HAS ran a 4.7 40 in his recent past and to many seem to forget it was and had been raining all day when he took his 40. The difference between a 4.7 and a 4.9 is just 1 step or just a slower launch ( rain soaked slippery ground "yes" ) Also they said he had "average" hands. Sorry but that's BULLSHIT! two of the craziest catches for the hawks last year was Bobo making them. Gamers don't have to be the most athletic ( Steve Largent ) they just have to have that knack, that IT factor that is not taught and can not be learned. You are born with it and he has it.

Remember when they use to do those 40 yard dash overlays? I remember they did one with Carson Wentz at 4.7 and a offensive tackle at 4.9 and he was just a single step behind, Actually touching still. This is when i really noticed that the difference between say a 4.6 and a 4.8 is almost unnoticeable when on the field. I always knew they were close just not as close as it turned out to be.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobo as a hybrid TE :) HE NEEDS TO GET ON THE FIELD!

Jerry Rice had a 4.67 40 and Bobo HAS ran a 4.7 40 in his recent past and to many seem to forget it was and had been raining all day when he took his 40. The difference between a 4.7 and a 4.9 is just 1 step or just a slower launch ( rain soaked slippery ground "yes" ) Also they said he had "average" hands. Sorry but that's BULLSHIT! two of the craziest catches for the hawks last year was Bobo making them. Gamers don't have to be the most athletic ( Steve Largent ) they just have to have that knack, that IT factor that is not taught and can not be learned. You are born with it and he has it.

Remember when they use to do those 40 yard dash overlays? I remember they did one with Carson Wentz at 4.7 and a offensive tackle at 4.9 and he was just a single step behind, Actually touching still. This is when i really noticed that the difference between say a 4.6 and a 4.8 is almost unnoticeable when on the field. I always knew they were close just not as close as it turned out to be.

I would imagine he'll see a fair bit of the field. He was one of the best run blockers on the team and I agree he has that little bit of edge factor to him.

I think with Parkinson and Dissly gone, he'll be getting more looks and action on the field. I also think Lockett should stay a bit more preserved lol. He had the most snaps of any of our wideouts last year and you could tell he was starting to wear down a bit as the season went on.

Seattle has a LOT of guys to spread the ball around too, though.... I think if Lockett/Metcalf or JSN go down Bobo will be a good backup but I'd like to see Fant and K3 get more involved in the passing game before worrying about Bobo.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not on the Bobo bandwagon like some of you are... I think he's fortunate to be on the Seahawks roster...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not on the Bobo bandwagon like some of you are... I think he's fortunate to be on the Seahawks roster...

I think he's got a good attitude and he's one of the better run blockers as a WR.... but I'd rather see Fant, JSN, Lockett, and Metcalf out there for a bulk of the receptions.

He had about half the snaps of JSN, but also about a quarter of the targets... which says to me he's not really consistently getting open or in a great position to make the throw. This seems consistent with his write up:

1712334274597.png

That said, his weaknesses can be worked on... I don't think I'd say he's LUCKY to be on the roster... I'd be perfectly fine with him as the #4 or a backup from time to time. I think given his grit he COULD fight for a starting spot but the weaknesses have to be improved big time... If you put him up against a DB #1 (let's say Metcalf goes out) I would imagine he'd be shut down big time. That may be why some Hawks fans are saying to convert him to TE... where he doesn't have to worry about DBs as much and can exploit nickel DBs or EDGE. I imagine Grubb may try that given Fant is kind of a 1 year rental at the moment (there's dead cap next year, but for a $14M cap hit, Fant has to have one hell of a year to justify keeping).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's got a good attitude and he's one of the better run blockers as a WR.... but I'd rather see Fant, JSN, Lockett, and Metcalf out there for a bulk of the receptions.

He had about half the snaps of JSN, but also about a quarter of the targets... which says to me he's not really consistently getting open or in a great position to make the throw. This seems consistent with his write up:

View attachment 358845

That said, his weaknesses can be worked on... I don't think I'd say he's LUCKY to be on the roster... I'd be perfectly fine with him as the #4 or a backup from time to time. I think given his grit he COULD fight for a starting spot but the weaknesses have to be improved big time... If you put him up against a DB #1 (let's say Metcalf goes out) I would imagine he'd be shut down big time. That may be why some Hawks fans are saying to convert him to TE... where he doesn't have to worry about DBs as much and can exploit nickel DBs or EDGE. I imagine Grubb may try that given Fant is kind of a 1 year rental at the moment (there's dead cap next year, but for a $14M cap hit, Fant has to have one hell of a year to justify keeping).

They say "Hands fairly average when catching outside of his body" but they also say "Natural High-point ability with his size" LMAO these two statements are slight contradictions.

Bobo is easily the most aggressive blocking WR on the team AND he is good at it. I saw him running through on run plays as the lead blocker and 9 times out of 10 he was hitting the right man to spring KW3 for extra yards because of it. Bobo is a gamer and the perfect #4 WR a team needs. At 6 foot 4 he is the tallest WR on the team and is better at catching jump balls than Metcalf.

Never understood how someone the size of DK cant shield and snatch the high throws. Must have never played basketball lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have see Bobo on the field a lot more before getting high on him. He seems like a full effort type and has been fun to watch and easy to root for.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say "Hands fairly average when catching outside of his body" but they also say "Natural High-point ability with his size" LMAO these two statements are slight contradictions.

Bobo is easily the most aggressive blocking WR on the team AND he is good at it. I saw him running through on run plays as the lead blocker and 9 times out of 10 he was hitting the right man to spring KW3 for extra yards because of it. Bobo is a gamer and the perfect #4 WR a team needs. At 6 foot 4 he is the tallest WR on the team and is better at catching jump balls than Metcalf.

Never understood how someone the size of DK cant shield and snatch the high throws. Must have never played basketball lol.

Well... the way I read that is Bobo is willing to chase the ball, but he'll catch with his body vs. using his hands to secure catches (away from his body).

Ideally you want someone with great hands that can reach out for grabs because it's easier to target them on a throw...

Anyway, that's just how I read it. I think it's also a bit of a minor point. Plenty of good body catchers in the NFL over the years.... assuming they have other elite traits like speed, route running, etc.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... the way I read that is Bobo is willing to chase the ball, but he'll catch with his body vs. using his hands to secure catches (away from his body).

Ideally you want someone with great hands that can reach out for grabs because it's easier to target them on a throw...

Anyway, that's just how I read it. I think it's also a bit of a minor point. Plenty of good body catchers in the NFL over the years.... assuming they have other elite traits like speed, route running, etc.

Lockett has great hands but he almost always secures it against his body as he is not a hands catcher. Largent was the same way.