• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early 2019 NFL Power Rankings

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN dropped this and another article yesterday. One has us #6...The other has us not making the playoffs as a bold prediction.

Sports journalism really has become a waste of time.
ESPN is more about click bait headlines these days. They can’t even give us a source on who makes these made believe rankings

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised by that, as well. I would've figured they'd be down around 15-16 at least with all of the uncertainty. Not only that, but another offseason is going to go by and Ben is going to be another year older. At 37, with his injury issues creeping in more and more, they could be in a really, really bad spot next year if AB leaves and Ben were to get injured.

With s couple of exceptions this ranking follows this past season's win/loss record down the line. Reading the comments for these teams they clearly haven't taken the analysis to the level you have for each team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any ranking not showing the patriots as #1 is just trolling or blind stupidity .... when are people going to stop trying to bury them ?
Easy now. They were hardly some overpoweringly dominant force this year. It's based on projections.

There's still a chance Gronk hangs em up, and he was a huge part of their success in the playoffs. There are some big names that are also due for a pay raise, some substantial (Trenton Brown, Trey Flowers off the top of my head). It's not a slight to them, relax.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, its too early for this.

Tom Brady's ability next year could move the Pats anywhere from #1 to #10 based on how good he is. Its hard to not put them #1 at this point without seeing major regression. Lamar Jackson could move Baltimore anywhere from about #4 to #20.

I feel like Jacksonville, Denver, Giants, and Chicago could be anything next year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, its too early for this.

Tom Brady's ability next year could move the Pats anywhere from #1 to #10 based on how good he is. Its hard to not put them #1 at this point without seeing major regression. Lamar Jackson could move Baltimore anywhere from about #4 to #20.

I feel like Jacksonville, Denver, Giants, and Chicago could be anything next year.
Jacksonville is still a QB away, and honestly, it's getting harder to envision Fournette as being a game-changer. 3.3 YPC last year and constant injuries spell a disappointing career at this point. However, their defense is still good enough to help them be competitive if they solve the QB spot. I expect them to make a big offer for Nick Foles.

NYG, like Jacksonville, need a QB upgrade. Unlike Jacksonville, though, they have a bad defense. They're probably spotted fairly.

Agree about Denver and Chicago though. Both are young and have some issues, but both have great potential.

Zoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Top 5:

#5 Rams
#4 Patriots
#3 Eagles
#2 Chiefs
#1 Seahawks

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville is still a QB away, and honestly, it's getting harder to envision Fournette as being a game-changer. 3.3 YPC last year and constant injuries spell a disappointing career at this point. However, their defense is still good enough to help them be competitive if they solve the QB spot. I expect them to make a big offer for Nick Foles.

NYG, like Jacksonville, need a QB upgrade. Unlike Jacksonville, though, they have a bad defense. They're probably spotted fairly.

Agree about Denver and Chicago though. Both are young and have some issues, but both have great potential.
I think the Giants could make the playoffs next year with Eli. Footballoutsiders had their estimated wins at 8 last year and thats with the 2nd worst pass rush.

Jacksonville and prob Denver will upgrade QBs. Have to factor that in. They'll at least change QBs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Giants could make the playoffs next year with Eli. Footballoutsiders had their estimated wins at 8 last year and thats with the 2nd worst pass rush.

Jacksonville and prob Denver will upgrade QBs. Have to factor that in. They'll at least change QBs.
With Philly and Dallas, it's going to be really difficult. Their OOC isn't murderer's row (Arizona, Miami, Detroit, TB, NYJ, Buffalo), but it's probably unlikely they even earn a split in the division. The young offensive studs are undeniable, but they've got some major holes to fill.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
OK - when has preseason rankings even closely resembled the final season results. This stuff matters not.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - when has preseason rankings even closely resembled the final season results. This stuff matters not.
There's a thread about Julian Edelman being a HOFer with 7 pages and another thread about the SB being a conspiracy based on the ages of the coaches. This thread is fine. If it's not of interest to you, you're free to move on.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Philly and Dallas, it's going to be really difficult. Their OOC isn't murderer's row (Arizona, Miami, Detroit, TB, NYJ, Buffalo), but it's probably unlikely they even earn a split in the division. The young offensive studs are undeniable, but they've got some major holes to fill.
That division always has turnover which makes it hard to predict.

Giants could end up getting the DROY with where they are drafting. Its way too early to comment on what theyll look like

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That division always has turnover which makes it hard to predict.

Giants could end up getting the DROY with where they are drafting. Its way too early to comment on what theyll look like
Well sure. I think this year showed any team could get the DROY. They need more than a pass rush though. Their OL is still bottom third in the NFL, and their pass defense needs work. Eli is another year older and less effective, as well. They'll score some points, absolutely, but it's hard to see them finishing any higher than 3rd.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll score some points, absolutely, but it's hard to see them finishing any higher than 3rd.
You're crowning the Eagles and they never have a healthy Wentz. I think thats fairly bold.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crowning the Eagles and they never have a healthy Wentz. I think thats fairly bold.
I actually think the Cowboys win it, and Philly finishes second. Also, depending on when they play the Giants, they could very well have a healthy Wentz. He faced them twice this year and Philly won both games, with Wentz averaging ~72% completions with 4 TDs and 0 INTs.