• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WrestleMania 31 thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention...Rusev's entrance was badass. Now THAT was an all time WM moment

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this wasn't necessarily a great show but a VERY FUN show. I was very entertained. It was much better than I was expecting.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 Way Intercontinental Match (8/10)
- Thought this match could have been way more epic, but I was glad Daniel Bryan took home the title. It looked like Dean suffered a hell of a hit to the head when he fell on that ladder. I wonder if the narrative was ever prioritized for him to win it.

Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins (9/10)
- I really enjoyed this one, especially the super rko counter from the curb stomp. This match could have gone either way and I would have been fine with it, but the way they executed the match that led to the finale was perfect.

Sting vs Triple H (6/10)
- I thought overall this was a mediocre match, but the star power and the pops made it a bit interesting. Was surprised to see Triple H get the victory though.

AJ Lee and Paige vs The Bella Twins (6/10)
- Pretty solid divas match that lasted more than 5 minutes so that's a plus. Some good moves pulled off and Paige and the Bella Twins looked good.

John Cena vs Rusev (6.5/10)
- Everyone knew Cena was going to win. He had to (imo) and overall the match was okay. I'm not particularly a fan of Rusev like others are, but I do recognize that he's a solid performer in the ring. I just hate his gimmick. It has gotten old very quickly.

The Rock and Rousey vs Triple H and Stephanie (7/10)
- Well executed catch phrases and introduction to Ronda. I just thought Ronda should have done more or at least the Rock should have landed a rock bottom on Triple H.

Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt (7/10)
- I actually thought Bray was going to take this one. But I'm glad the Undertaker came back and he looks as healthy and fit as ever. I wonder if this will set up Taker vs Sting next year.

Brock vs Roman W/ Seth cash in (9/10)
- I was pleasantly surprised that this match turned out good. I thought the build up in the beginning with Brock destroying Roman was well done. All the blood was a huge plus. Then Roman coming back and connecting all of his signatures was great. I was actually hoping Roman would win it, but Seth cashing in gave the WWE a much bigger pop and now gives them so many options for storylines moving forward.

Overall a very above average Wrestlemania. Everyon thought it would be one of the worst, but turns out it wasn't. Good job WWE. Can't wait for Raw tomorrow night!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 Best Moments
1. IC Title Match: Awesome. Everyone got brutalized, the match was crazy, and Bryan wins the gold.
2. Sting v. HHH: Match quality wasn't great, but the cameos were awesome. Seeing Hogan throw some punches again was cool.
3. Lesnar v Reigns: I thought all 3 guys looked great and Rollins winning felt like a shock even though you saw it coming about halfway through the match. They have given themselves a TON of potential with this angle (Lesnar never pinned, Orton beat Rollins earlier and will demand a match, Reigns will be after him, etc.). I actually thought Reigns looked really good for the first time in a singles match.

Top 3 Worst:
1. Battle Royal Winner: Big Show...really? They botched this one big time, crowd would have marked out if Mizdow won.
2. Kid Ink/Skylar Grey....Horrible. What a waste of a segment.
3. Taker/Wyatt not being in the dark. It just didn't come off right in semi-daylight.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which actor won the big fake fight?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some extremely great moments, really didnt need to see the lead ups to all the matches, but I guess it looked redundant after watching friday and saturday and both hours of the pre show. HHH's terminator entrance was a bit much

I think I wrote somewhere, Lesnar got paid enough to drop the title, didnt get paid enough to drop the title but he got paid enough to lose the title. Really? Same as last year with Brian with losing the title without being pinned? Very disappointing with Rollins cashing in and even more disappointing that Brock could not pin Roman but one lousy curb stomp could.

That spear Roman hit when Rollins was up in the F-5 was excellent. Roman laughing thru the match was also very good, the fact that Lesnar bleeds pretty easy was a bonus. I think Brock did a pretty good job of putting Roman over while still appearing to be the beast.

Move of the night had to be the arial curb stomp RKO. I sure hope Rollins drops this title quick, I cant stand to watch the midgets interfering, much less the authority to keep the little guy with the belt.

As for tonight, Bryan might defend the IC title already, Cena might replace the american flag in the pipe bomb at ring side, Lana took off some of her clothing, well, just her shoes so we are getting there guys.

For the most part, extremely entertaining, and thats what we pay for, the entertainment. Fans were on pretty good, almost to the shocked looks on their faces when Taker lost last year was equal to the shocked looks when Rollins stole the title.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Sting match made me feel worse than Undertaker's streak ending last year. I know , "they're working me", "I'm a mark" etc, but it wasn't because Sting lost. The announcing and now in hindsight looking back at the buildup it felt like treaed Sting was a loose end from the WCW merger that they weren't able to acquire at the time and they were symbollicaly burying him a final nail in the coffin of the Monday Night War (that's been over for 15 years now)

Again if they used him in his only match to help give a younger wrestler like Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins (who no longer needs it) a shot in the arm and having Sting take a clean pin I wouldn't have had an issues with it. A match with UT at Mania would have been a win in of itself no matter how was it booked.

Sting "as the last WCW solider" and losing to a part time, past his prime Triple H really left a bad taste in my mouth as someone who watched both companies when I was a kid 25 yrs ago. Even though I favored WWF

HATED the use of Sting.

Now that my boring rant is out of the way, loved the rest of the show.

Every match felt like it was Main Event Caiber in terms of starpower. Solid matches even if nothing was an alltime classic.

Loved Reigns showing tenactity and toughess. That match was great. Looked like it was real. Lesnar keeps his unbeatable aura and the most talented overall performer in the company left as champion.

Best technican and 5 star work rate wrestler has the IC belt. Living legend still with gas in the tank has the US belt. Two phenomenal peformers (and hopefully future singles stars) have the tage belts. They an build so many great fueds and matches around the belts. That's how it should be when wrestling is at its best

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the tag match was sloppy, glad they moved that to the preshow. Too much waiting on the floor for someone to fly over the top rope. battle royal was sloppy too. definitely the worst two matches so they picked right for the early give aways.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Good MAnia, Not as good as last years IMO but still very good.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the tag match was sloppy, glad they moved that to the preshow. Too much waiting on the floor for someone to fly over the top rope. battle royal was sloppy too. definitely the worst two matches so they picked right for the early give aways.

The tag match was too hard to follow when the announce team and even the ref have no idea who was legal.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little disapointed that there wasn't a swerve in the NWO/DX run ins during the HHH/Sting match. Someone who was in both groups like XPac needed to switch sides during the match IMO.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little disapointed that there wasn't a swerve in the NWO/DX run ins during the HHH/Sting match. Someone who was in both groups like XPac needed to switch sides during the match IMO.

I am just surprised each time I see x pac since they wont let Chyna back since he was the one boning her in the video. He was actually known as Syxx at that time when he added up 123 kid to come up with 6. Last time they did this he had another tshirt underneath to show he was on both teams, but they kept cutting to commercials and not showing the wrestlers leaving.

It was already distracting, and like Cole said, it really didnt make much sense anyway since Sting was usually against NWO. They actually came up with the fake sting when sting was not wrestling for over a year. So I was actually expecting hall nash and hogan to join in against sting.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W
I am just surprised each time I see x pac since they wont let Chyna back since he was the one boning her in the video. He was actually known as Syxx at that time when he added up 123 kid to come up with 6. Last time they did this he had another tshirt underneath to show he was on both teams, but they kept cutting to commercials and not showing the wrestlers leaving.

It was already distracting, and like Cole said, it really didnt make much sense anyway since Sting was usually against NWO. They actually came up with the fake sting when sting was not wrestling for over a year. So I was actually expecting hall nash and hogan to join in against sting.

When you do something 15 years after a promotion shuts it's doors for the last time it's really hard to come up with wrestlers who clearly represent that company in every one's mind. The only other wrestler/legend they could've used in this spot and have them associated with WCW was Flair but WWE doesn't want him wrestling anymore. With Hall and Nash being HHH's best buds there was no way this wasn't gonna be confusing/distracting.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my WM moment. Nattie is my queen.
OEtZVTC.gif

3 & 6 years to go...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the IC Ladder match was a good one. Could have been better. Dean Ambrose was awesome. I won't#give spoilers. If you want to know who won, Google it.
Man, did Ambrose take a bump onto those ladders, huh? Ouch.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall really good show. The show was way better than expected due to lack of build up...not many OMG WM moments or spots, but just overall good show.

Now the question is...how does wwe follow up. Drop the ball? Or turn the page and get momentum.