• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestlemania 34

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Strowman. The first angle for Roman after beating the Undertaker at WM and bragging about it for weeks was to take those cartoonist beatings from Strowman. He's a 400 pound guy who's never worked a day on the indies.. Vince absolutely hand picked him as one of his projects and does anything possible to get him over with the crowd. Strowman is also really charismatic and that's helped the process.
Rusev is a better example of a wrestler naturally connecting with the crowd.

Disagree on the "any reaction is a good reaction." Vince absolutely wants to dictate which wrestlers are booed and which are cheered imo. I think they use that logic as a cop out to keep pushing Vince' s favorite. Cena's such a great promo that he's the only guy who can really make it work.

I was going to say Rusev too.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Natural???

This is the WWE, Vince dictates what we like and don't. There is no natural. You only think Stroman is natural because Vince made you think that way. That's how Vince sees it and as long as he controls creative, it won't change anytime soon.

On a related note, booing or cheering Roman is seen as the same by Vince. The goal of wrestling is to connect with fans in such a way as to make them cheer or boo. Getting a reaction, any reaction is wining in Vince's mind. If you could hear crickets chirp when Roman appeared then it'd get Vince's attention. As long as everyone is reacting, positive or negative, it won't. I don't believe for a second any plans for Roman have been changed because some fans boo him. Cena gets the same reaction and no plans have changed for him. why would Roman be any different. Vince only changes when wrestlers or angles fail to get a pop of any kind, negative or positive.

For the record, I don't think the booing Roman fans stopping would have any affect unless something made the cheering Roman fans stop too. At this point I don't see fans stooping from reacting to Roman, positive or negative. So, carry on it really has no affect on WWE's plans.

But that is the thing. He needs to listen if he wants to get Reigns over. The fans dont like those large pills because it is someone telling you how to feel.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Strowman. The first angle for Roman after beating the Undertaker at WM and bragging about it for weeks was to take those cartoonist beatings from Strowman. He's a 400 pound guy who's never worked a day on the indies.. Vince absolutely hand picked him as one of his projects and does anything possible to get him over with the crowd. Strowman is also really charismatic and that's helped the process.
Rusev is a better example of a wrestler naturally connecting with the crowd.

Disagree on the "any reaction is a good reaction." Vince absolutely wants to dictate which wrestlers are booed and which are cheered imo. I think they use that logic as a cop out to keep pushing Vince' s favorite. Cena's such a great promo that he's the only guy who can really make it work.
It's definitely a cop out but if you say something enough it becomes the perception and perception is reality whether it's true or not.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say Rusev too.
Problem is WWE believes the tag line is over and not the wrestler. Based on what I heard last night and over the last several months I think WWE is wrong about that. They had the perfect opportunity to take advantage of that last night and didn't. I think that says it all. Talk about pushing wrestlers down our throats, cough, cough, Jinder, cough, cough!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is WWE believes the tag line is over and not the wrestler. Based on what I heard last night and over the last several months I think WWE is wrong about that. They had the perfect opportunity to take advantage of that last night and didn't. I think that says it all. Talk about pushing wrestlers down our throats, cough, cough, Jinder, cough, cough!

I ok with Jinder because he is Canadaian but ya

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch WM, practically forgot WM was on this weekend but I read about it. Having a kid win the tag titles with Strowman? Classic PG era WWE :L

glad Reigns lost, but I hear people were upset with the main event and the outcome, sounds like they are tired of Lesnar being part time and want a full time champ, yet don't want that champ to be Reigns?

Cena vs Undertaker????? WHAT??!!? I don't know if I am more surprised Taker returned after retirement, as he comes across as a guy I'd think would hold to his word on retirement (even though wrestlers rarely do) or that Cena got jobbed in 3 minutes. Cena lost in 3 minutes?? This is a guy who in the past 12 years has beaten anyone and everyone with the same 5 moves and becomes Super Cena and loses to a retired Undertaker in 3 minutes? Just doesn't make sense. I got no problem with Cena no longer being the face of the company but I think you are challenging the intelligence of the WWE universe when you have a guy who's been nearly unstoppable and has come back from dozens of finishers multiple times to lose to a 50 year old retired guy in 3 minutes.

Sounds like the overall reception of WM34 was poor, and the main event interest rivaled that of WM20 with Goldberg/Lesnar.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch WM, practically forgot WM was on this weekend but I read about it. Having a kid win the tag titles with Strowman? Classic PG era WWE :L

glad Reigns lost, but I hear people were upset with the main event and the outcome, sounds like they are tired of Lesnar being part time and want a full time champ, yet don't want that champ to be Reigns?

Cena vs Undertaker????? WHAT??!!? I don't know if I am more surprised Taker returned after retirement, as he comes across as a guy I'd think would hold to his word on retirement (even though wrestlers rarely do) or that Cena got jobbed in 3 minutes. Cena lost in 3 minutes?? This is a guy who in the past 12 years has beaten anyone and everyone with the same 5 moves and becomes Super Cena and loses to a retired Undertaker in 3 minutes? Just doesn't make sense. I got no problem with Cena no longer being the face of the company but I think you are challenging the intelligence of the WWE universe when you have a guy who's been nearly unstoppable and has come back from dozens of finishers multiple times to lose to a 50 year old retired guy in 3 minutes.

Sounds like the overall reception of WM34 was poor, and the main event interest rivaled that of WM20 with Goldberg/Lesnar.
Taker never officially announced his retirement. Yeah, he left his hat and gloves in the year last year at WM but a retirement was never announced by him or WWE. That said, both Taker and Cena are part timers at best at this point. So a one part timer who rarely appears anymore beat another part timer who periodically appears anymore.
Yeah, it was a little shocking that Cena got squashed that quick but I think he wanted to send Taker out on a high note instead of the loss like last year.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lesnar vs Reigns in Saudi Arabia at the end of the month...

Maybe the plan is for Reigns to win the belt in front of a receptive foreign crowd . Vince really is a genius.

On a sidenote..love the idea of Friday WWE Network specials. I can't wait to drink during this

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taker never officially announced his retirement. Yeah, he left his hat and gloves in the year last year at WM but a retirement was never announced by him or WWE. That said, both Taker and Cena are part timers at best at this point. So a one part timer who rarely appears anymore beat another part timer who periodically appears anymore.
Yeah, it was a little shocking that Cena got squashed that quick but I think he wanted to send Taker out on a high note instead of the loss like last year.

I had no idea he didn't officially announce his retirement. I thought he had, strange nonetheless. His loss to Reigns at WM was really dumb then both at the time and in hindsight if it wasn't his last match. Takes away from that shocking loss to Lesnar at WM.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lesnar vs Reigns in Saudi Arabia at the end of the month...

Maybe the plan is for Reigns to win the belt in front of a receptive foreign crowd . Vince really is a genius.

On a sidenote..love the idea of Friday WWE Network specials. I can't wait to drink during this

After last night and the reception Reigns got at the WrestleMania, I would have to think Vince finally, hopefully, realizes Reigns is NOT the guy to put as the face of the company. No one wants another 10 years of Super Cena (now Super Reigns).

Here is the thing, usually WrestleMania is filled up with fans, casual fans, and not so much a place where the smarks show up in droves (that's usually saved for Monday Raw after WM). Last night Reigns got boo'd out of the arena, and no one was interested in his main event match, a match that really is a storyline of like 2 years of Reigns climbing the ladder to the top. That isn't good news with a crowd made up of what it was. There was no interest, and he still lost. Usually WM is the place where the faces win their long feud's and the faces go out on top.

I don't know what WWE Raw ratings are like these days, I don't follow the ratings anymore, but I can imagine they aren't that high and if Vince continues to try and push Reigns as the top guy, those ratings will fall. The only way I can see them working it out where Reigns gets the title is if he turns heel, but just like Cena 10 years ago, Vince won't do that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night and the reception Reigns got at the WrestleMania, I would have to think Vince finally, hopefully, realizes Reigns is NOT the guy to put as the face of the company. No one wants another 10 years of Super Cena (now Super Reigns).

Here is the thing, usually WrestleMania is filled up with fans, casual fans, and not so much a place where the smarks show up in droves (that's usually saved for Monday Raw after WM). Last night Reigns got boo'd out of the arena, and no one was interested in his main event match, a match that really is a storyline of like 2 years of Reigns climbing the ladder to the top. That isn't good news with a crowd made up of what it was. There was no interest, and he still lost. Usually WM is the place where the faces win their long feud's and the faces go out on top.

I don't know what WWE Raw ratings are like these days, I don't follow the ratings anymore, but I can imagine they aren't that high and if Vince continues to try and push Reigns as the top guy, those ratings will fall. The only way I can see them working it out where Reigns gets the title is if he turns heel, but just like Cena 10 years ago, Vince won't do that.

They are getting bids from multiple places for their tv rights, if anything they will get more money not less. People want WWE on their network because they know how great they are for USA.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m floored they ended the SD women’s title match the way they did. Definitely didn’t see hat coming. Very cool.

I thought the way styles won was great. Fantastic counter move into a finisher combo.

I figured bliss would lose, but the moments where she was trying hrricuranas and sunset flips to no avail was pure comedic gold.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's already happened. Cena is now a part timer and Reigns is the new fan favorite among the kids in the audience but the adults boo him out of the building. It's all about demographics in the WWE and whatever ole delusional Vince feels the audience should get into vs what they find to be entertaining will continue to be the norm :/

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's already happened. Cena is now a part timer and Reigns is the new fan favorite among the kids in the audience but the adults boo him out of the building. It's all about demographics in the WWE and whatever ole delusional Vince feels the audience should get into vs what they find to be entertaining will continue to be the norm :/
Baylor seems to be the fan favorite among the kids. Strowman is completely over with the fans. But they keep writing him in goofy segments rather than. Giving him the Push where Reigns has failed. Theirs actually a lot of speculation thats why they haven't booked Lesnar in a Championship match at MITB yet. Vince wants to push Reigns who cant get over. Braun is naturally over. And now they cant decide which direction they want to go with the title picture .

Bayley was as popular as I got with the younger demographic. But she hasn't been relevant since Jax injured her. Off the botched chicken wing slam. That cost Bayley her SS title match last year

Agree its definitely time for Vince to hand over the reins. NXT has been putting out a the better product on a consistent basis. Thats not a good look for the main roster imo

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor seems to be the fan favorite among the kids. Strowman is completely over with the fans. But they keep writing him in goofy segments rather than. Giving him the Push where Reigns has failed. Theirs actually a lot of speculation thats why they haven't booked Lesnar in a Championship match at MITB yet. Vince wants to push Reigns who cant get over. Braun is naturally over. And now they cant decide which direction they want to go with the title picture .

Bayley was as popular as I got with the younger demographic. But she hasn't been relevant since Jax injured her. Off the botched chicken wing slam. That cost Bayley her SS title match last year

Agree its definitely time for Vince to hand over the reins. NXT has been putting out a the better product on a consistent basis. Thats not a good look for the main roster imo

Sooner or later I'd like to see Braun Strowman hold a major title in the WWE. He's so over right now with the fans as you mentioned I don't know what Vince is waiting for on him.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later I'd like to see Braun Strowman hold a major title in the WWE. He's so over right now with the fans as you mentioned I don't know what Vince is waiting for on him.
When you're booking Braun as a comedy act tipping trucks. In a tag match with one of the officials kids.....Instead of pushing him into the big picture. Rather than boring fans with Reigns/Lesnar XVII. Creative and booking have been terrible across the board tho. A lot of fans disappointed in WM. WWE is catching a lot of heat for Backlash. Vince time is long past. HHH has been killing it with NXT the option is there

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're booking Braun as a comedy act tipping trucks. In a tag match with one of the officials kids.....Instead of pushing him into the big picture. Rather than boring fans with Reigns/Lesnar XVII. Creative and booking have been terrible across the board tho. A lot of fans disappointed in WM. WWE is catching a lot of heat for Backlash. Vince time is long past. HHH has been killing it with NXT the option is there

Before being given full control of the WWE, Vince wants Trips to get his feet wet running NXT and yes he's done a terrific job with it. The same can be said with the Divas division.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple H books like 2 months of 1 hour tv over the course of 2-3 days. That's way easier than what Vince does of booking 6-12 hours(if there's a PPV it's more like 12) a week of WWE content every single week of the year. Now Vince just gave HHH 205 Live so that's a start but the people who think HHH can take over right away when he barely books anything are crazy.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple H books like 2 months of 1 hour tv over the course of 2-3 days. That's way easier than what Vince does of booking 6-12 hours(if there's a PPV it's more like 12) a week of WWE content every single week of the year. Now Vince just gave HHH 205 Live so that's a start but the people who think HHH can take over right away when he barely books anything are crazy.

Just give him some time. He knows what he's doing.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny cause if HHH and his friends weren’t all d-bags at msg, is there even a WWE right now?

Or are we all debating bischoffs booking chops?