• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestlemania 34

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the main event and Undertaker/Cena was a great WM IMO. Only thing I wish they would have done was turn DB.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside the IC match. Probably one of the worst WM's I've seen in a while. Would have been better off replaying Takeover imo

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That main event was the WORST match( SD tag tittles was a close 2nd)

Overall 8.5/10. Main event is the only thing knocking it from a 9.5

IC title stole the show

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Styles/Nakamura was disappointing. It was slow and methodical... felt like it was building momentum but then it ended anti-climactically. Just a weird match. I'm assuming it's building to a longer feud but after all the hype that was a letdown. Still a good match though.

The Lesnar match shocked me. Who's eventually taking the title off him? Braun at WM 35?

I just have no clue where they're going

Overall it was a good show that ran out of steam over the final third.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Styles/Nakamura was disappointing. It was slow and methodical... felt like it was building momentum but then it ended anti-climactically. Just a weird match. I'm assuming it's building to a longer feud but after all the hype that was a letdown. Still a good match though.

The Lesnar match shocked me. Who's eventually taking the title off him? Braun at WM 35?

I just have no clue where they're going

Overall it was a good show that ran out of steam over the final third.

I still think Reigns is taking the title, just think WWE wanted t add some unpredictability to show since everyone seemed to guess for months that Lesnar was losing and how predictable WWE is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like a few of the outcomes (US title match, shortness of the SD tag titles, other minor stuff) but overall it was a pretty good show.

Main event was fucking awful though. Get Brock Lesnar to UFC as soon as possible. I'm tired of his garbage ass matches.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The streak continues, everyone who’s had a big elaborate entrance has lost. The only exception was the SmackDown women’s match where both women had a big entrance.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And about the Raw tag title match, anyone they went with would’ve been a disappointment from what people created in their heads as who it should be so go with something completely different. And we know Braun’s a monster so it doesn’t hurt The Bar. It's one of the most unique things WWE has ever done and for 1 night, it was fine.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still think Reigns is taking the title, just think WWE wanted t add some unpredictability to show since everyone seemed to guess for months that Lesnar was losing and how predictable WWE is.

I don't know, having Reigns lose at WM only to beat Lesnar at a lesser PPV seems like a strange call to me.

Reigns winning might have been predictable but it was logical too.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, having Reigns lose at WM only to beat Lesnar at a lesser PPV seems like a strange call to me.

Reigns winning might have been predictable but it was logical too.

It's possible that Lesnar signed an extension so they're gonna have him and Reigns at the next few PPV's before Reigns finally beats him. Really drive home that Reigns can't beat Lesnar to the point where some fans want it to happen so bad that when he finally does the place feels like he's earned it. Obviously you'll never win over some fans but I think quite a few could come around if they feel like Reigns earned the title through hard fought matches over just getting it at WM because it's WM.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock = GOAT.

Nicholas entrance > Finn Balor entrance

AJ vs Naka + Braun choosing a kid to be his partner were the worst parts for me.

TOO MUCH CRYING in these women's matches

Was surprised how well Rhonda did although the rest of the booking in that match was shit.

Overall I had fun watching 8/10

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicholas, the young boy who was plucked out of the crowd to win the Raw Tag Team championship with Braun Strowman was portrayed by the son of longtime WWE official John Cone, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Figured he was a plant. I hope his dad was officiating that match!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give this WM an 8.5/10. The last hour was the worst but some of that had to do with being burnt out after 6 hours counting the pre-show. Up until the last hour, I'd have given it a 9/10. I'd have given it a 9.5/10 if they had told us Nicholas was John Cone's son. Kayfebe is dead so why hide the fact the kid was an obvious plant. Tell us who he is and have the announcers wonder if Strowman knows who the kid really is.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's possible that Lesnar signed an extension so they're gonna have him and Reigns at the next few PPV's before Reigns finally beats him. Really drive home that Reigns can't beat Lesnar to the point where some fans want it to happen so bad that when he finally does the place feels like he's earned it. Obviously you'll never win over some fans but I think quite a few could come around if they feel like Reigns earned the title through hard fought matches over just getting it at WM because it's WM.

They've spent the last 3 years doing everything possible to book Reigns for that moment. If fans are still rejecting him I don't think there's any way to change their minds. I would have either pulled the trigger, put the title on him and let the smarks boo or change course completely.. Maybe Strowman is the one to take the title off Lesnar

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've spent the last 3 years doing everything possible to book Reigns for that moment. If fans are still rejecting him I don't think there's any way to change their minds. I would have either pulled the trigger, put the title on him and let the smarks boo or change course completely.. Maybe Strowman is the one to take the title off Lesnar

I think in a few months some people will be more accepting of him winning because a lot of people felt like if he won tonight he was just handed the title. Whether their reasoning is justified or not a quite a bit of fans started cheering him while he was running down Lesnar the past few weeks so if you build him up by having him lose a few times and show he’s not just handed the title it’ll mean more when he does win than just giving him the title right away. Like I said you’ll never get certain people to cheer him but even if you change say 30% that’s still more than you would’ve had tonight.

Have him fight to earn each title shot and then when he finally wins it’ll be a bigger deal than “oh it’s WM let’s have Roman win because it’s WM”. Brock thinks he’s unbeatable and now that he’s beat Roman clean he won’t take him seriously, let him think that and then you have Roman whoop his ass and win the title. Some fans will still shit on him but some will come around and see that he’s earned it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think in a few months some people will be more accepting of him winning because a lot of people felt like if he won tonight he was just handed the title. Whether their reasoning is justified or not a quite a bit of fans started cheering him while he was running down Lesnar the past few weeks so if you build him up by having him lose a few times and show he’s not just handed the title it’ll mean more when he does win than just giving him the title right away. Like I said you’ll never get certain people to cheer him but even if you change say 30% that’s still more than you would’ve had tonight.

Have him fight to earn each title shot and then when he finally wins it’ll be a bigger deal than “oh it’s WM let’s have Roman win because it’s WM”. Brock thinks he’s unbeatable and now that he’s beat Roman clean he won’t take him seriously, let him think that and then you have Roman whoop his ass and win the title. Some fans will still shit on him but some will come around and see that he’s earned it.

If you go back 3 years the original plan by all indications was to have Brock put over Reigns at WM 31 but they changed creative plans due to crowd reactions. At that time it was probably the right call. If 3 years of strategic booking wasn't enough it's a lost cause. Who knows? Maybe they're saving it for Raw so more people see it and it pops a rating? But short of a heel turn I can't imagine Reigns more popular than he is now.

I'm not a Reigns hater. I would have actually preferred that he won last night. I just think they had to give him the belt at WM and accept the crowd reaction or turn the page with another lead babyface.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will still.

Roman cant do a perfect promo, hell he can't do a good one. Only thing he is good at is Shoots which we saw on the WM build up.

He isn't a really Polished wrestler. great fighter but above average wrestler.

It still seems like he is like a huge pill being shoved down our throats instead of letting be Natural (ala Stroman)

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will still.

Roman cant do a perfect promo, hell he can't do a good one. Only thing he is good at is Shoots which we saw on the WM build up.

He isn't a really Polished wrestler. great fighter but above average wrestler.

It still seems like he is like a huge pill being shoved down our throats instead of letting be Natural (ala Stroman)
Natural???

This is the WWE, Vince dictates what we like and don't. There is no natural. You only think Stroman is natural because Vince made you think that way. That's how Vince sees it and as long as he controls creative, it won't change anytime soon.

On a related note, booing or cheering Roman is seen as the same by Vince. The goal of wrestling is to connect with fans in such a way as to make them cheer or boo. Getting a reaction, any reaction is wining in Vince's mind. If you could hear crickets chirp when Roman appeared then it'd get Vince's attention. As long as everyone is reacting, positive or negative, it won't. I don't believe for a second any plans for Roman have been changed because some fans boo him. Cena gets the same reaction and no plans have changed for him. why would Roman be any different. Vince only changes when wrestlers or angles fail to get a pop of any kind, negative or positive.

For the record, I don't think the booing Roman fans stopping would have any affect unless something made the cheering Roman fans stop too. At this point I don't see fans stooping from reacting to Roman, positive or negative. So, carry on it really has no affect on WWE's plans.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Natural???

This is the WWE, Vince dictates what we like and don't. There is no natural. You only think Stroman is natural because Vince made you think that way. That's how Vince sees it and as long as he controls creative, it won't change anytime soon.

On a related note, booing or cheering Roman is seen as the same by Vince. The goal of wrestling is to connect with fans in such a way as to make them cheer or boo. Getting a reaction, any reaction is wining in Vince's mind. If you could hear crickets chirp when Roman appeared then it'd get Vince's attention. As long as everyone is reacting, positive or negative, it won't. I don't believe for a second any plans for Roman have been changed because some fans boo him. Cena gets the same reaction and no plans have changed for him. why would Roman be any different. Vince only changes when wrestlers or angles fail to get a pop of any kind, negative or positive.

For the record, I don't think the booing Roman fans stopping would have any affect unless something made the cheering Roman fans stop too. At this point I don't see fans stooping from reacting to Roman, positive or negative. So, carry on it really has no affect on WWE's plans.

I agree on Strowman. The first angle for Roman after beating the Undertaker at WM and bragging about it for weeks was to take those cartoonist beatings from Strowman. He's a 400 pound guy who's never worked a day on the indies.. Vince absolutely hand picked him as one of his projects and does anything possible to get him over with the crowd. Strowman is also really charismatic and that's helped the process.
Rusev is a better example of a wrestler naturally connecting with the crowd.

Disagree on the "any reaction is a good reaction." Vince absolutely wants to dictate which wrestlers are booed and which are cheered imo. I think they use that logic as a cop out to keep pushing Vince' s favorite. Cena's such a great promo that he's the only guy who can really make it work.