• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Would You Rather? Baker vs Burrow

Baker or Burrow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not entirely sure OBJ even likes him and some vet said some things when he more or less told the RB who was questioning his role to roll with us or STFU.
I do think it rubbed some the wrong way when Baker got on Duke. am I sure OBJ likes him? Not sure, but seemed like they hung out a lot together.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Burrow. I think he's just a better version of Baker at almost everything.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*based on 1 year.

Certainly not 2018.

Not talking about stats. Mobility, decision making, physical metrics. I would say arm talent is probably similar. Neither are going to wow you with velocity. Accuracy I'd lean Burrow after watching Baker last year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking about stats. Mobility, decision making, physical metrics. I would say arm talent is probably similar. Neither are going to wow you with velocity. Accuracy I'd lean Burrow after watching Baker last year.
Bakers accuracy was actually his strong point. Iirc baker was the highest graded qb out of the pocket ever or similar as well..... arm strength is baker too from what I've gathered.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bakers accuracy was actually his strong point. Iirc baker was the highest graded qb out of the pocket ever or similar as well..... arm strength is baker too from what I've gathered.

Was his strong point coming into the NFL. His accuracy last season was below average. I think Burrow just had the most accurate season in college football history. And that saying something considering how many downfield throws he made.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was his strong point coming into the NFL. His accuracy last season was below average. I think Burrow just had the most accurate season in college football history. And that saying something considering how many downfield throws he made.
And bakers accuracy was off 1 year....great everywhere else....

burrow has one great year ,
And wasn't everywhere else?

where does the truth lie?

Nick foles had one of the most amazing seasons, with chip kelly.

Where is the truth?

Setting recency and media bias aside.

I don't get the "baker had a bad year and burrow had a good year" argument

so if burrow has one epic year he's amazing and he may be, but it's one year.

baker has a lot of good year as and one bad year, and he's not as good....

why doesn't bakers body of work count?

why does burrows 2018 count? His 2018 that had him as a mid to late round pick?

Earlier when he couldn't get on the field?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kitchens was a train wreck from the beginning imo, but I thought the whole purpose of keeping him was to have some continuity for the young QB...what happened to the playcalling from rookie season to LY? Was he thought to be an idiot in '18?
Excellent question. He was fine as a coordinator but being the HC was far too much for him. There's a reason the best job he could get after being fired was as a TE coach.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where is the truth?

Well I'm trying to project forward. Baker's had two NFL seasons under his belt. Combining his first two seasons I'd say he's been below average. And it doesn't help he took a step back in year two.

Also it should be noted Burrow had slightly better accuracy numbers in college. 68.8 to 68.5. Baker never had as poor of a season as Burrow did in 2018, but Baker also never came close to what Burrow did last year either.

I think the fact that Burrow had a mid round grade after 2018 just shows that he's got great attributes. He's got great mobility, and great accuracy.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Draft Network

interesting article. I think I know where this will go.....but I'll hold my thoughts

tenor.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where is the truth?

It is funny how people totally discount Baker's 2018 record-breaking season like it didn't happen and act like his season last year with the worst HC in the NFL who had no idea how to effectively run a team is now all Baker is. Baker's advanced metrics from his rookie year were out of this world. Again, there isn't a QB in the NFL who would've had great success on Cleveland last year. You can't have a coach deviating from the plan every single week, alienating the OC and running plays that make no sense.

I can't wait to see what the offense looks like this year with Stefanski. He basically had a less talented version of Baker in Minnesota and wound up with the 8th best scoring offense in the NFL. Letting Baker make quick reads and throw accurate strikes are his biggest strength. I think Baker under Stefanski will be much closer to, if not better than 2018 Baker.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:mad2:
It is funny how people totally discount Baker's 2018 record-breaking season like it didn't happen and act like his season last year with the worst HC in the NFL who had no idea how to effectively run a team is now all Baker is. Baker's advanced metrics from his rookie year were out of this world. Again, there isn't a QB in the NFL who would've had great success on Cleveland last year. You can't have a coach deviating from the plan every single week, alienating the OC and running plays that make no sense.

I can't wait to see what the offense looks like this year with Stefanski. He basically had a less talented version of Baker in Minnesota and wound up with the 8th best scoring offense in the NFL. Letting Baker make quick reads and throw accurate strikes are his biggest strength. I think Baker under Stefanski will be much closer to, if not better than 2018 Baker.
I know I know

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where is the truth?

Some people tend to look at half of the picture to support their argument.

I will say. I thought Darnold was the best QB before the 2018 NFL Draft. I had Mayfield as my #2 QB.
I think Burrow has a better potential than Mayfield but the one season with the best WR core in college football leaves question marks and some risk imo.
What we do know is Baker had one of the best rookie years ever, that has to mean something and he didn't have Odell that year. He had Jarvis, Higgins and Njoku. Wouldn't say that is an outstanding support cast but average. He took a dip last year considerably but if you watched the Browns...everyone took a dip and the playcalling was atrocious. Some might just say those are excuses, fine.

Year 3 is the year for Baker but is there a very good chance Burrow can have a better rookie year than Baker considering he had a top 3 rookie year of any QB of all-time?...he could but it doesn't seem likely. If this question is "who do I think has more potential in the future?". I probably take Burrow but I don't think that's what the question is imo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a crazy opinion, but 2018 just didn't happen?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm trying to project forward. Baker's had two NFL seasons under his belt. Combining his first two seasons I'd say he's been below average. And it doesn't help he took a step back in year two.

Also it should be noted Burrow had slightly better accuracy numbers in college. 68.8 to 68.5. Baker never had as poor of a season as Burrow did in 2018, but Baker also never came close to what Burrow did last year either.

I think the fact that Burrow had a mid round grade after 2018 just shows that he's got great attributes. He's got great mobility, and great accuracy.
Haskins pretty much did what Burrow did last year....you want him over Burrow?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like 2018 was the Covid year to many in sports....just never happened.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people tend to look at half of the picture to support their argument.

I will say. I thought Darnold was the best QB before the 2018 NFL Draft. I had Mayfield as my #2 QB.
I think Burrow has a better potential than Mayfield but the one season with the best WR core in college football leaves question marks and some risk imo.
What we do know is Baker had one of the best rookie years ever, that has to mean something and he didn't have Odell that year. He had Jarvis, Higgins and Njoku. Wouldn't say that is an outstanding support cast but average. He took a dip last year considerably but if you watched the Browns...everyone took a dip and the playcalling was atrocious. Some might just say those are excuses, fine.

Year 3 is the year for Baker but is there a very good chance Burrow can have a better rookie year than Baker considering he had a top 3 rookie year of any QB of all-time?...he could but it doesn't seem likely. If this question is "who do I think has more potential in the future?". I probably take Burrow but I don't think that's what the question is imo.
i was on team baker all along, i know, i know. It pissed me off when he went to the browns
4fz8hbu.gif