• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Would You Rather? Baker vs Burrow

Baker or Burrow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably something to ask after another year or two. Haven’t seen one play of Burrow in the NFL. I think he is gonna be a great one but you never know

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker as of right now

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely roll the dice on Burrow.

Kyler Murray vs Burrow is a lot more interesting imo.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Burrow. I was never high on Baker but I thought he had NFL potential. He has way to much talent around him not to have more success. I won't say bust but he's starting to show he may be a back up at best. With Burrow he's and unknown and that is true of any rookie but you have to roll those dice to know.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too soon. Mayfield could go either way but the right coaching situation will decide that. The whole talent around a guy. ( WRs and such)is such a pile of BS. How good of a line in front of him and how good the playcalling is will make or break a young QB.
Burriw is a complete unknown. Looks good and may be great but need to wait and see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too soon. Mayfield could go either way but the right coaching situation will decide that. The whole talent around a guy. ( WRs and such)is such a pile of BS. How good of a line in front of him and how good the playcalling is will make or break a young QB.
Burriw is a complete unknown. Looks good and may be great but need to wait and see.

Yep shitty OL and bad coaching doesn't help. I mean we saw Baker have one of the best rookie seasons of all time and now people are saying, he looks like a backup QB haha. Kitchens was awful, the OL was bad. We will see.

And we have absolutely no clue how Burrow will do. Upside looks good but nothing to compare him to Baker other than from a college level.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow by a wide margin.

Burrow EASILY had the best season as a QB that we have ever witnessed in college football history. The guy looks extra-ordinary. His accuracy down the field looks next to none. Could he bust? Sure. Maybe he cant handle NFL pressure and reads. Maybe the lack of pure arm strength limits him a touch. But you still roll the dice with him because if he can handle those things, he can throw the ball 1000 times better than Mayfield can.

To me his floor is Kirk Cousins while his ceiling is the next Peyton Manning.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Burrow as a prospect more than Baker as one, but Cincinnati will probably find a way to stunt or completely break Burrow.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Baker and see what the new coach with a new scheme can come up with. Burrow might be the better choice in a year or two but for now Baker.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe neither.

The problem with looking at QB's on top college teams is that they usually have 6-8 seconds to throw. Nearly any decent QB can get a decent pass off in that time. In the pros it's 2-3 seconds and the coverage is better disguised and tighter. Once they get to the pros they have to make better reads near instantly and good, tight throws in less than half the time. Neither one of these two impress me when under pressure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow by a wide margin.

Burrow EASILY had the best season as a QB that we have ever witnessed in college football history. The guy looks extra-ordinary. His accuracy down the field looks next to none. Could he bust? Sure. Maybe he cant handle NFL pressure and reads. Maybe the lack of pure arm strength limits him a touch. But you still roll the dice with him because if he can handle those things, he can throw the ball 1000 times better than Mayfield can.

Problem with your comparison is Burrow hasn't played a down in the NFL. Mayfield had a better college career bc he didn't just have one great season, 83 TD's and 14 INT's in 2 years. Burrow is expected to have more potential than Baker but that's going off of one year. I wouldn't compare Burrow to Peyton either...I think he does well but he isn't the prospect Andrew Luck was.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker had a shitty year but some of those commercials were great.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today it has to be Baker.
You know what you have with him.
Even with all the SportsHoopla on Burrows. There is a high percentage of top picks that bust.
So you just never know.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with your comparison is Burrow hasn't played a down in the NFL. Mayfield had a better college career bc he didn't just have one great season, 83 TD's and 14 INT's in 2 years. Burrow is expected to have more potential than Baker but that's going off of one year. I wouldn't compare Burrow to Peyton either...I think he does well but he isn't the prospect Andrew Luck was.

Luck was more athletic and had a stronger arm.

But we have never, ever seen a college QB throw the ball like Burrow's did.

His combination of accuracy/touch/timing/location was otherworldly.

Maybe Burrow's just represents the beginning of the next evolution. A time when college QB's have taken so many practice reps and have so many advanced tools at their disposal that their accuracy and timing are simply on a different level than anything we have become accustomed to before hand. And the offenses they run are closer to NFL offenses than what we have seen in the last 10 years.

But I am still in absolute awe of his National Championship game performance. LSU didnt run your typical college offense that relied heavily on screens and short passes. They were running your typical modern day NFL offense. And Burrows was doing everything in that game that you would want to see. Under heavy pressure all night long he was drifting in the pocket, making throws off different platforms, and all those throws were near perfect in terms of placement and accuracy.
Like I said....maybe this is just evolution and I have to get used to seeing it from college players. Because honestly Lawrence, while not as good as Burrow, was also impressive from a pure scouting perspective. But what we saw out of Burrow this season wasnt like anything we have seen before. You dont need to sit there and take out 40% of his throws because he isnt going to run those plays in the NFL.....everything he did and the offense he ran is EXACTLY what you want to see out of an NFL QB in an NFL offense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably something to ask after another year or two. Haven’t seen one play of Burrow in the NFL. I think he is gonna be a great one but you never know
i think thats the point, in the article......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?
Burrow by a wide margin.

burrow also couldnt beat out haskins.......and baker broke rookie NFL records....food for thought

Baker is trash
solid analysis, lets hear
why burrow is better.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck was more athletic and had a stronger arm.

But we have never, ever seen a college QB throw the ball like Burrow's did.

His combination of accuracy/touch/timing/location was otherworldly.

Maybe Burrow's just represents the beginning of the next evolution. A time when college QB's have taken so many practice reps and have so many advanced tools at their disposal that their accuracy and timing are simply on a different level than anything we have become accustomed to before hand. And the offenses they run are closer to NFL offenses than what we have seen in the last 10 years.

But I am still in absolute awe of his National Championship game performance. LSU didnt run your typical college offense that relied heavily on screens and short passes. They were running your typical modern day NFL offense. And Burrows was doing everything in that game that you would want to see. Under heavy pressure all night long he was drifting in the pocket, making throws off different platforms, and all those throws were near perfect in terms of placement and accuracy.
Like I said....maybe this is just evolution and I have to get used to seeing it from college players. Because honestly Lawrence, while not as good as Burrow, was also impressive from a pure scouting perspective. But what we saw out of Burrow this season wasnt like anything we have seen before. You dont need to sit there and take out 40% of his throws because he isnt going to run those plays in the NFL.....everything he did and the offense he ran is EXACTLY what you want to see out of an NFL QB in an NFL offense.
system perhaps? bakers college numbers, and accuracy were quite stunning. Nick foles had a season with what 21 tds and 2int....LSU's offense was a typical NFL offense? really?