• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Would You Rather? Baker vs Burrow

Baker or Burrow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bakers guys have ALWAYS loved him , you may not. But hes a leader on that field. So your analysis there could be a bit flawed based on your PERSONAL view of bakers personality........just saying:suds:
could be and also maybe not....depends if he's criticized and stays outta Cheese Cake Factory parking lots.
Time will tell....need more data

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck was more athletic and had a stronger arm.

But we have never, ever seen a college QB throw the ball like Burrow's did.

His combination of accuracy/touch/timing/location was otherworldly.

Maybe Burrow's just represents the beginning of the next evolution. A time when college QB's have taken so many practice reps and have so many advanced tools at their disposal that their accuracy and timing are simply on a different level than anything we have become accustomed to before hand. And the offenses they run are closer to NFL offenses than what we have seen in the last 10 years.

But I am still in absolute awe of his National Championship game performance. LSU didnt run your typical college offense that relied heavily on screens and short passes. They were running your typical modern day NFL offense. And Burrows was doing everything in that game that you would want to see. Under heavy pressure all night long he was drifting in the pocket, making throws off different platforms, and all those throws were near perfect in terms of placement and accuracy.
Like I said....maybe this is just evolution and I have to get used to seeing it from college players. Because honestly Lawrence, while not as good as Burrow, was also impressive from a pure scouting perspective. But what we saw out of Burrow this season wasnt like anything we have seen before. You dont need to sit there and take out 40% of his throws because he isnt going to run those plays in the NFL.....everything he did and the offense he ran is EXACTLY what you want to see out of an NFL QB in an NFL offense.

I understand how great Burrow was for that one year and I love the guy, I think he will succeed but the fact is that was college. The NFL is a whole different game. We have already seen Baker have a damn good rookie year, did he regress? Absolutely. But again we havent seen a down of Joe Burrow. I think he will be better but he’s not sure thing like Luck. It even took Peyton a couple years to adjust to the NFL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be and also maybe not....depends if he's criticized and stays outta Cheese Cake Factory parking lots.
Time will tell....need more data

This 3rd year is the dealbreaker. He should have a good OL and better coach (I hope). If he has another shit year we are back to the good old Browns...looking for another QB

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 3rd year is the dealbreaker. He should have a good OL and better coach (I hope). If he has another shit year we are back to the good old Browns...looking for another QB
ppl act like baker was trubiksy..........

he broke rookie records.........hes on the BROWNS, no offense. Just bc the browns won the off season.....added some good pieces for him, the line sucked...the coach sucked........its not like he was just fn terrible, he wasnt good, his expectations were just sky high. god and im a steelers fan

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ppl act like baker was trubiksy..........

he broke rookie records.........hes on the BROWNS, no offense. Just bc the browns won the off season.....added some good pieces for him, the line sucked...the coach sucked........its not like he was just fn terrible, he wasnt good, his expectations were just sky high. god and im a steelers fan

Yeah nothing went right last year. That was awful

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be curious to see what Baker's got in a new system.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he couldnt beat out dwayne haskins, qb
Don't care and it don't matter

could be a system
Can say the same about alot of successful QBs (including Baker), doesn't change the fact the guy is talented (Great arm, decision making, legs, ... , everything I said in the first post)

1 year wonder
Plenty of film over the last 2 years to see what he can do

has done nothing as a pro
You got me there but at-least we have seen Burrow against some stout defenses, more than a lot of QBs coming out of college. Not the NFL but something. I don't expect Burrow to just come in and just tear it up, both him and Baker play in a less then ideal situation so I will keep that in mind when comparing them to others. For me the QB position is important but overrated, you're not going to be great playing in a dumpster fire (except Arron Rodgers, not sure how he pulls it off)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care and it don't matter

Can say the same about alot of successful QBs (including Baker), doesn't change the fact the guy is talented (Great arm, decision making, legs, ... , everything I said in the first post)

Plenty of film over the last 2 years to see what he can do

You got me there but at-least we have seen Burrow against some stout defenses, more than a lot of QBs coming out of college. Not the NFL but something. I don't expect Burrow to just come in and just tear it up, both him and Baker play in a less then ideal situation so I will keep that in mind when comparing them to others. For me the QB position is important but overrated, you're not going to be great playing in a dumpster fire (except Arron Rodgers, not sure how he pulls it off)

Funny burrows arms not great, yet u think it is, where u getting that?

and yes his film 2 years ago had him as a 4th-6th round pick not sure how that helps ur case....

Also did u see bakers numbers outside he pocket , coming out of college, epic..... some of the arguments are partially uneducated and partially invalid.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny burrows arms not great, yet u think it is, where u getting that?
Watching Burrow actually play. Where you're getting Burrow doesn't have a great arm?

Also did u see bakers numbers outside he pocket , coming out of college, epic..... some of the arguments are partially uneducated and partially invalid.
Don't need numbers. Watched him play and he was Elite, alot of games he had to carry OU

Don't let your secret love affair with Baker blind you from other talents like Burrow

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Burrow actually play. Where you're getting Burrow doesn't have a great arm?

Don't need numbers. Watched him play and he was Elite, alot of games he had to carry OU

Don't let your secret love affair with Baker blind you from other talents like Burrow
Every analyst there is talks about how is arm is good not great. Average......

Soooo baker carried ou? That again helps ur argument....

I do love baker..... but your arguments aren't correct. If they were then fine. But mostly it boils down to"I watched burrow this years I love him!" Regency bias......you don't even have arm strength right....

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am looking to go dumpster diving for head: Baker

If I want a good QB:Joe Montana

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every analyst there is talks about how is arm is good not great. Average......
Average?
images

Soooo baker carried ou? That again helps ur argument....
I really don't have much of an argument, I think they're both solid QBs but it's a fun question to talk about.
But you're right, I'm going with Burrow because "I watched burrow this year torch my team while the other QB couldn't and I love Burrow!" Regency bias.......

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to get in the middle of your pissing match.

but if I may add fuel to the fire.
Baker had a RB coach playing as a head coach.

Not even teams with bad head coaches would trade for that scenario.

Burrow may end up being better in every way....... or end up as another bust.

Question was (I think) who would you pick today?

Baker with quality coaching is a franchise QB. (honestly no argument)

Give any franchise QB (not claiming elite QB) a RB coach as their play caller (HC) they will look worse.

No matter how great or bad you think Burrow will be. You just dont know.

In short & easiest way to answer.
If I am any competent team & already have Baker as my starting QB & have the 1st pick or 1st choice to grab Burrow.
I do not draft a QB. it really is that simple.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aca20b9f3e81c0fb441744d7b9fdb625.jpg