• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Would You Rather? Baker vs Burrow

Baker or Burrow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah? and all the other qb's? its been passing league for how long........come on dude, weak.

View attachment 238964
View attachment 238965
so top is baker. he had as more passing yards in 2 less games.......so no not similar
baker had 7 more touchdowns in 2 less games, so no not similar
12 to 14 interceptions, 2 less games played, yeah similar
bakers qb rating 93.7 , kylers 87.4 no not similar

bakers sacks are far less as well........

has nearly 1 more yard per attempt
1.3 more yards per completion
about the same completion percentage.......

4 gwd in 2 less games compared to 2 for murray
3 4th quarter comebacks compared to 1 for murray

so were just surface scratching here but remind me again how they had the same numbers?

sooooo based on what?

alot of ppl gotta go with burrow, but have no rationale
all true, but I found more comical was saying Baker played with "way more talent".

An 0-16 team and a rookie 4th rounder and 5th round pick as his 2nd and 3rd WRs. Landry a good WR, but clearly much better as a #2 guy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well according to @ducky their numbers are identical, and its common place for everyone to break rookie passing records. I mean everyones been doing it.

i think ive made that claim before!

Well ducky can't argue with the actual numbers. Or hell maybe he can.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which actually helped him. Every team should switch offenses halfway through the season. Or at least incorporate more things than they actually do.

For as much as people want to give credit to NFL coaches, NFL coaches are stupid. It takes them a good 10-16 games to figure out how to stop something. Baker wasnt worse last season than he was his rookie year. NFL defenses just figured out the Browns system. That's wasn't Baker's fault.

Baker will play the same if not a little better than we have seen him the last couple of years and he will be better this year because he will be playing in a better run offense.

Again....I dont dislike Baker. I think he is a solid NFL QB and will be for years to come. I just dont think he has something that will separate him from average NFL QB's. Average NFL QB's are a good not a bad thing.

I just think Burrow has a little something more that will separate him from the pack.
OK...but you base this off of, well, nothing.

I also get it's an opinion but what would happen if you didn't dismiss all the comments that refuted your opinions?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
system perhaps? bakers college numbers, and accuracy were quite stunning. Nick foles had a season with what 21 tds and 2int....LSU's offense was a typical NFL offense? really?
Still waiting on this one as wel

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah? and all the other qb's? its been passing league for how long........come on dude, weak.

View attachment 238964
View attachment 238965
so top is baker. he had as more passing yards in 2 less games.......so no not similar
baker had 7 more touchdowns in 2 less games, so no not similar
12 to 14 interceptions, 2 less games played, yeah similar
bakers qb rating 93.7 , kylers 87.4 no not similar

bakers sacks are far less as well........

has nearly 1 more yard per attempt
1.3 more yards per completion
about the same completion percentage.......

4 gwd in 2 less games compared to 2 for murray
3 4th quarter comebacks compared to 1 for murray

so were just surface scratching here but remind me again how they had the same numbers?

sooooo based on what?

alot of ppl gotta go with burrow, but have no rationale

Lol. These aren't statistically that different. The passing TD's are different only because of scheme. Both were leading very average offenses and were playing with bad defenses.

....and if Burrow gets 14 games played this coming season, Mayfield wont be in the record book any longer for yards for sure. Probably not for TD's either. Bengals have too talented of a team. Much more talent on offense than what Murray and Mayfield had to deal with in year 1. Big question is what they are going to do with Dalton. If he is shipped off before the start of the season and Burrow gets 16 games, it will be Bengals fans bringing up "rookie records" way too flippantly next offseason.

None of these QB's had nearly as impressive rookie seasons compared to guys like Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Marino, and Luck.

There is a BIG difference between compiling league average stats and actually changing the complexion of a team offensively.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. These aren't statistically that different. The passing TD's are different only because of scheme. Both were leading very average offenses and were playing with bad defenses.

....and if Burrow gets 14 games played this coming season, Mayfield wont be in the record book any longer for yards for sure. Probably not for TD's either. Bengals have too talented of a team. Much more talent on offense than what Murray and Mayfield had to deal with in year 1. Big question is what they are going to do with Dalton. If he is shipped off before the start of the season and Burrow gets 16 games, it will be Bengals fans bringing up "rookie records" way too flippantly next offseason.

None of these QB's had nearly as impressive rookie seasons compared to guys like Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Marino, and Luck.

There is a BIG difference between compiling league average stats and actually changing the complexion of a team offensively.
You ever gonna explain how Murray's offense was "so much worse"?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so having better numbers in less games, not different? gtfo.. you have done nothing but make statements, then walk around them by making more claims...all the while providing no evidence to anything

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever gonna explain how Murray's offense was "so much worse"?

Talent wise? You are kidding me right?

The Browns in 2018 were prime for Baker compared to what Murray was dealing with.

2018 Landry can run circles around 2019 Fitzgerald. And Calloway (if he could pull his head out of his ass) would have been a very good NFL WR. Too bad that isnt going to happen. And I like Higgins too. And Njoku is a decent TE
Comape that to Arizona......Kirk is decent but neither him or Fitz are anything special anymore. And I dont even know who Arizona's TE is to tell the truth. But certainly not Njoku.

Arizona was just a trainwreck on the OL. Luckily for Murray their coaching staff decided to hide that by getting the ball away at all costs. Cleveland wasnt great at OT but they had probably the best pair of guards in the league in 2018. That was a good OL in 2018.

.....and Cleveland had a running game. Arizona until Drake came in finally for the last 4 or 5 games, didnt have anything resembling a running game.

Cleveland was a comparative hot bed of talent when you are comparing them against Arizona's squad from last season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Browns in 2018 were prime for Baker compared to what Murray was dealing with.

2018 Landry can run circles around 2019 Fitzgerald. And Calloway (if he could pull his head out of his ass) would have been a very good NFL WR. Too bad that isnt going to happen. And I like Higgins too. And Njoku is a decent TE
Comape that to Arizona......Kirk is decent but neither him or Fitz are anything special anymore. And I dont even know who Arizona's TE is to tell the truth. But certainly not Njoku.

Arizona was just a trainwreck on the OL. Luckily for Murray their coaching staff decided to hide that by getting the ball away at all costs. Cleveland wasnt great at OT but they had probably the best pair of guards in the league in 2018. That was a good OL in 2018.

.....and Cleveland had a running game. Arizona until Drake came in finally for the last 4 or 5 games, didnt have anything resembling a running game.

Cleveland was a comparative hot bed of talent when you are comparing them against Arizona's squad from last season.
lol calloway could of been good
njoku is decent
"I like higgins"

so drake was on board for the last 8 games

edmonds had 126 yards against the gmen week 7
week 6 DJ had over 100 combined yards
almost 100 combined week 5
over 100 combined week 4
well over 100 week 1
granted alot as a receiver, but that short game was their run game.......

so again this is alot of dancing

Edit: also njoku is so good they broke the TE market for hooper

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think make or break is fair in a sense. He at least needs to perform as well as he did in 2018 with all the weapons he has.

Essentially you're saying '18 has to be the floor. The league got to know Mayfield a little better in yr 2...typical to have some slide...but imo if you get something in the middle of '18 and '19 you're probably winning more games than LY with the DEF taking another step as well...if so, he's gonna be a 5th yr lock.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent hid it. Im a huge mayfield fan, dating back to his college days. his behavior this past year has soured me a bit. But i actually love his cockiness. I love his story, 2 time walk on, heisman, #1 pick. Keeps betting on himself, keeps winning. His team mates would take a bullet for him(regardless of how outsiders view him)........Breaks rookie passing records.........im sorry, i love it.

I'm not a Baker Mayfield fan, I but I don't have an ax to grind either...i.e. not a hater.

So far...the book is still open, the best I can say is he's shown potential to be a legit franchise QB...and the worse I will say...he was over drafted.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Baker Mayfield fan, I but I don't have an ax to grind either...i.e. not a hater.

So far...the book is still open, the best I can say is he's shown potential to be a legit franchise QB...and the worse I will say...he was over drafted.
the book is open, but why the bold on the leadership part, his team mates do love him, and he was absolutely adored in college.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll go in order of your irrational.....
*agree 2018 Landry better than 2019 Fitz.
*OK, but Callaway can't get his head out of his ass, and your contention is rookie Callway is better than 1st rounder Christian Kirk?
*Higgins is a solid #3 WR and Njoku also a solid TE. "far better" than Clay and Crabtree? Higgins is still unsigned
*you think Robinson and Hubbard are anything special on the O-line? Both have been replaced.

Was Cleveland better? sure. Far better is absurd and I'm sure you know this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol calloway could of been good
njoku is decent
"I like higgins"

so drake was on board for the last 8 games

edmonds had 126 yards against the gmen week 7
week 6 DJ had over 100 combined yards
almost 100 combined week 5
over 100 combined week 4
well over 100 week 1
granted alot as a receiver, but that short game was their run game.......

so again this is alot of dancing

Edit: also njoku is so good they broke the TE market for hooper
I mean, some of what he said is true and if he said Browns O was better I'd probably agree. Far better is extreme.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the book is open, but why the bold on the leadership part, his team mates do love him, and he was absolutely adored in college.

I'm not entirely sure OBJ even likes him and some vet said some things when he more or less told the RB who was questioning his role to roll with us or STFU.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not entirely sure OBJ even likes him and some vet said some things when he more or less told the RB who was questioning his role to roll with us or STFU.
this is true there has been a bit of a riff this year. OBJ i cant really go there, OBJ is in it for OBJ, has he ever been on board with anyone except himself?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go in order of your irrational.....
*agree 2018 Landry better than 2019 Fitz.
*OK, but Callaway can't get his head out of his ass, and your contention is rookie Callway is better than 1st rounder Christian Kirk?
*Higgins is a solid #3 WR and Njoku also a solid TE. "far better" than Clay and Crabtree? Higgins is still unsigned
*you think Robinson and Hubbard are anything special on the O-line? Both have been replaced.

Was Cleveland better? sure. Far better is absurd and I'm sure you know this.
correct, however........the rationale is zero for the most part except for "i think" or "IMO"

FFF!
kirk was a second rounder fwiw.