• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Would You Rather? Baker vs Burrow

Baker or Burrow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ppl act like baker was trubiksy..........

he broke rookie records.........hes on the BROWNS, no offense. Just bc the browns won the off season.....added some good pieces for him, the line sucked...the coach sucked........its not like he was just fn terrible, he wasnt good, his expectations were just sky high. god and im a steelers fan
Only issue I have is while the line did not play well the fact they sucked was more on the coaching, IMO.

I mean, 4/5ths of them were on a team that was the best line for the entire second half of 2018...Baker was rarely touched. I'd love a stud LT, but even if they just find someone who is avg. I think as you mentioned the coach will have a scheme that fits Baker this year and plays to his strengths.

Freddie actually knew what his strengths were and ignored them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only issue I have is while the line did not play well the fact they sucked was more on the coaching, IMO.

I mean, 4/5ths of them were on a team that was the best line for the entire second half of 2018...Baker was rarely touched. I'd love a stud LT, but even if they just find someone who is avg. I think as you mentioned the coach will have a scheme that fits Baker this year and plays to his strengths.

Freddie actually knew what his strengths were and ignored them.
very very good points

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with Burrow. I think he’s gonna be solid right out of the gate in the NFL.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to wait until the guy can get some frickin consistency in the coaching ranks. I don't care what QB you put behind center in Cleveland last year with that idiot Kitchens, they were going to fail more often than not. Listen to our 2019 OC's thoughts on Kitchens:

There isn't a QB in the league that was going to win under those sort of circumstances.

Kitchens was a train wreck from the beginning imo, but I thought the whole purpose of keeping him was to have some continuity for the young QB...what happened to the playcalling from rookie season to LY? Was he thought to be an idiot in '18?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny burrows arms not great, yet u think it is, where u getting that?

and yes his film 2 years ago had him as a 4th-6th round pick not sure how that helps ur case....

Also did u see bakers numbers outside he pocket , coming out of college, epic..... some of the arguments are partially uneducated and partially invalid.
fairly certain PFF rated him as the #1 college QB.....ever.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol haven't finished at the bottom of the division once since he got here but alright. We were hoodwinked into drafting a guy that set QB passing records. Can't stop laughing at this idiocy, keep it up.
Well like I said good luck at the bottom. Enjoy your playoff run with you Glamorized QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Burrow actually play. Where you're getting Burrow doesn't have a great arm?

Don't need numbers. Watched him play and he was Elite, alot of games he had to carry OU

Don't let your secret love affair with Baker blind you from other talents like Burrow
you think a Steeler fan has a love affair with Baker? It's called objectivity.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fairly certain PFF rated him as the #1 college QB.....ever.
baker or burrow?

you think a Steeler fan has a love affair with Baker? It's called objectivity.

yes and no. Ive stated my baker love before. its true. Forgive me father rooney, for I have sinned

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kitchens was a train wreck from the beginning imo, but I thought the whole purpose of keeping him was to have some continuity for the young QB...what happened to the playcalling from rookie season to LY? Was he thought to be an idiot in '18?
someone might have answered but Wylie gave us this answer before last season. Many of us thought it might have been sour grapes.

He said Baker's success was the QB coach (Zampese). said he called all the shots in the red zone and Baker was among the best in red zone efficiency. clearly, the line looked better with Wylie in charge, as well.

Sadly, Freddie got rid of every coach who helped him succeed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's an opinion but it's an accurate one. Baker had a lot of weapons and still the offense struggled. So when he has another sub par year this year or next you still going to defend him? What I said I firmly believe when he came out he was overhyped they had a lot of talent at OU that carried him. The Browns as usual instead of doing their homework went for the glitter guy and again are still cellar dwellers.
They did have a lot of talent at OU. No doubt....but he also joined an 0-16 team and set rookie records for QBs.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could argue Haskins had one of the best seasons ever, as well, in CFB.

Not sure how much that will matter.

Yeah but the difference was the offense style they were asked to play. Ohio state was running the same concepts every single time.

LSU was running complex route trees with true reads like the NFL does where the QB AND the WR read the defense and make a read on what route is to be run. And all this was against one of the toughest schedules a college kid will ever have to face. Ohio State basically was running the same play over and over again and just letting talent win against a lot of pathetic Big 10 defenses.

There is a good reason Joe Brady only had to spend a single year as a college OC before being given a job in the NFL. He taught a complex system to college kids in the span of a single year.

Everyone who is talking up Baker in this thread is pointing to the fact that he has run an NFL offense. Well so has Burrow. He just did it in college. The offense he ran at LSU was more complex than the one Cleveland was running (Cleveland was HORRIBLY coached).

I am not saying I dont like Baker. I'm just saying I REALLY like Burrow. I think Baker has a ceiling of being no better than an average to slightly above average QB in the NFL. I just dont see anything that Baker does better than Burrows does. His ball placement and timing on throws just isnt anything we have seen from a college QB.

And I dont see why Burrow wouldnt translate to the NFL especially considering he faced very aggressive D's that put pressure on him consistently in college that he always beat. Dude isn't going to wilt like a lot of college QB's do when he gets to the NFL and see pressure for the first time.

That's my opinion anyway. I can see why others might think differently on this question. But I swing for the fences with this one. I pick the guy I think that could be great over the guy that we probably know (book is still out on Mayfield too BTW) is good.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through two seasons (and 3 head coaches/offensive coordinators), Baker's stats are:

61.5% comp, 7.4 YPA, 49 TD, 35 INT

Another famous QB, through two full seasons as a starter, had stats that looked like this:

59.3% comp, 7.1 YPA, 52 TD, 43 INT

What an "average talent" Peyton Manning was
without looking further, I'm guessing the reply is you said baker was Manning. Let's see if I'm right.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always gotta laugh at idiots who look at one season with an insanely incompetent HC/playcaller and determine a QB's entire career (while conveniently leaving out the prior season when that QB set records). Keep going, your opinions are so fact-like!
makes sense...as he also ignores Burrow's 2018 season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said dude over hyped coming out of college once again Browns management hoodwinked. You have become the model of how not to draft a QB in this league. That's a fact. And if you like him I am cool with that, and if you enjoy being the divisional bottom feeder year in and year out I am cool with that. If you want to blame every one but your QB, I'm cool with that. Just accept you are going to be the divisional bitch and move on. Unless until you draft your next QB of the future.
translation - "ya got me, and clearly I cannot refute what you said."

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker

wow..who knew about the Baker love. I was wrong on that one.
i havent hid it. Im a huge mayfield fan, dating back to his college days. his behavior this past year has soured me a bit. But i actually love his cockiness. I love his story, 2 time walk on, heisman, #1 pick. Keeps betting on himself, keeps winning. His team mates would take a bullet for him(regardless of how outsiders view him)........Breaks rookie passing records.........im sorry, i love it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final thoughts on this and I am going to leave it alone.

70% of the people responded they feel Burrow would be the better option. Basically saying the feel Baker is not leading this team to be any more successful then any other Browns drafted QB in the last 20 years. In tow years he's tossed 49 TDs and 35 INTs I think that sticks out. In those two years the Browns still have not had a winning record in fact they did worse in his second year than his first. And they had a lot of talent last year at least offensive weapons. It's very possible the NFL defenses figured him out real fast. Now that question asked was do you feel Burrow is a better option? Well based on the losing records, the 35 INTs in two years, the decline from year one to year two and should damn sure be a real consideration but I can't see how they could make that happen.

I think Baker will get another shot this year, still be pretty average at best and the Browns will be forced to do something.