• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup of Hockey returns in 2016

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got $8 US in my wallet right now - how many tickets to Thursday's USA vs Czech Republic game does that get me?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got $8 US in my wallet right now - how many tickets to Thursday's USA vs Czech Republic game does that get me?

I heard McD's is giving away tickets with a Happy Meal purchase. Or a Royale with Cheese.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey is probably the whitest sport on earth. It has a very big problem with attracting diversity both in terms of fans and participation and it's a point worth making, even if cloaking it in the anthem...thing...is kinda missing the mark.

Golf is pretty blanc as well.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why ESPN should NEVER cover the NHL again:

Calling hockey's inclusiveness into question

Really?!?!....Really?!?!?.....If this writer wanted to use this argument then he should have complained that the US Mens Baseketball was less diverse. Very stupid article without much merit except he wanted click bait and I fell for it. :L

ESPN is an entertainment/pseudo news network that shows some sports. That's why they threw out that whole sitting during the anthem crap, because they only know how to incite argument. And only a retarded coach would have engaged them in it...

Why the hell would Torts challenge that goal? Just such an idiot. Again a reminder that Quick is the least capable goalie on the US roster.

You answered your own question.

So, watching with the boy. His comment was "I thought Quick was good? Either he should have been on the goal line covering low, or he should have been out and gotten that with his pads. That was his fault"

There you have it.

How easy would life be if you could rest on the success you had a decade ago and always have a job?

And success that was not specifically due to anything you did.

I know torts can beat a team down but hes not that powerful. They werent enjoying the game cause they probably knew they were winning sweet fuck all v canada lol

It's like a car accident that's your fault. You made the mistake. You know you will have the consequences to deal with. You know the sorrow and disappointment.

And then the cop shows up and keeps saying "Wanna know what you did wrong? Here's what you did wrong! YOU DID THIS WRONG!"

Phils bringing the heat

Another in a long line of Penguin WHINERS

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about the whole Quick/Schneider talk is that (far as I can tell) we haven't mentioned that Bishop was USA's #2 and I think the only benefit Quick has over him is that Bishop can't seem to stay healthy. Quick would've been my scratch.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I would choose Schneider over Bishop in that game is that Schneider is a bit more mobile. And with Canada's firepower and puck movement, I think that's a benefit.

I would have had Bishop in against Europe.

But I am not a proven winner (tm) like Torts.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Arena announcer introduced Price as "Corey Price".

Shea Weber has apparently reacted accordingly.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtby with a special guest in popcorn row last night

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Arena announcer introduced Price as "Corey Price".

Corey took it in stride ... "oh ... they mean me ... gotta go"

tumblr_lyh59rNbMo1qdthqxo1_250.gif

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtby with a special guest in popcorn row last night

From the auction site:

"This unique mask has, and will be worn in practice and any game-action Braden Holtby takes on during the 2016 World Cup of Hockey Tournament. As such the condition of the mask cannot be guaranteed as the same at the time of the auction listing. "

Obviously the London Knights are not running this auction.

/only at $650 today, but with 19 days left in the auction, I am guessing it gets to $5,000

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey is probably the whitest sport on earth. It has a very big problem with attracting diversity both in terms of fans and participation and it's a point worth making, even if cloaking it in the anthem...thing...is kinda missing the mark.
Yeah, but realistically it's only been in the last couple decades that hockey could be reasonably played outside of cold countries which, not coincidentally, are also generally the whitest.

It's basically the story of Cool Runnings but on a different type of ice.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me a bad person, but I never tire of tears from Kesler.

I am in terror because Torts seems to like him. And he went to OSU.

Please, Oprah. No.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why ESPN should NEVER cover the NHL again:

Calling hockey's inclusiveness into question

Really?!?!....Really?!?!?.....If this writer wanted to use this argument then he should have complained that the US Mens Baseketball was less diverse. Very stupid article without much merit except he wanted click bait and I fell for it. :L

I really don't want to bring politics into this, but I love the irony of this story coming out on the same day when over 100 new people from all over the world are granted Canadian citizenship in Ottawa. Meanwhile, the country where the ESPN world headquarters are located has two people seeking the presidency that are both talking about extreme vetting of immigrants and one wants to build a wall. But I digress...

I didn't read the article (and I don't plan to based on some of the comments I've read), but does it mention the cost of playing hockey? It's why I stopped playing and turned to basketball as I grew up in a family of five kids where my dad was the sole wage earner. Hockey was just too damn expensive for my dad and basketball was essentially free, so it was a no-brainer. I think some good work has been done to try to be more inclusive to everyone regardless of race etc. to play the game of hockey, but if you don't have the cash, it makes it difficult.