• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup of Hockey returns in 2016

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you either have to call a timeout when the Russians scored to make it 3-1 or make a goalie change, McLellan does neither and shortly thereafter it's 4-1. Then he makes a goalie change. Nice work TAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts scratched Dubinsky and Johnson. Holy crap, a good decision! Then Oshie is out here saying "if it's about skill they win 100% of the time, if it's about grit we win 100% of the time." Please win 100-0 tonight Canada.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with him having a bad day, but I think you're in the minority if you would take Cory Schneider over J. Quick.

One is a former ROY, 2 time Stanley Cup Champion and Conn Smyth winner, Jennings Trophy winner and multiple time All Star.

The other is pretty much a career back up although he did get his name on the Jennings as a backup to Loungo in Vancouver.

ROY means little to me, and the Cups are team awards. He's not a bum, but Schneider is consistent, technically sound, etc. Quick may save a few he shouldn't, but he also will miss some he should've had. Schneider is hidden in NJ these days, but he's fantastic. He does have fewer career starts than Quick, but that's simply because of his situation team wise, not because he wasn't good enough. And it's not a case of small sample size to look at his numbers.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROY means little to me, and the Cups are team awards. He's not a bum, but Schneider is consistent, technically sound, etc. Quick may save a few he shouldn't, but he also will miss some he should've had. Schneider is hidden in NJ these days, but he's fantastic. He does have fewer career starts than Quick, but that's simply because of his situation team wise, not because he wasn't good enough. And it's not a case of small sample size to look at his numbers.

I want to re-visit the bold ... ROY means rookie of the year to me lol :think:

was Quick ever a ROY ? :think: lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A goalie won the Calder in Quick's rookie year but it wasn't Quick.

The Kings won the Jennings the year Quick missed almost half the season due to injury, too. That was the season Martin Jones broke onto the scene.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts scratched Dubinsky and Johnson. Holy crap, a good decision! Then Oshie is out here saying "if it's about skill they win 100% of the time, if it's about grit we win 100% of the time." Please win 100-0 tonight Canada.

Babcock should put Burns in the face-off circle against Kesler to start the game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bahahahah, suppose i should've fact checked. Yeah, that was Steve Mason. And yeah, 49 GP on the Jennings year. He's far from a bum, of course...his playoff numbers in the two Cup years are bonkers. .946 and .934 S% respectively. But he's really all over the board...when he's hot he posts that .946S% and 1.41GAA. But when he's cold you get .911S% 2.58GAA or something like this year .886S%, 3.04GAA. In a short tournament it's great to have the hot hand, but if he's not on you're done after two games.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positivity is the most used word to describe Krueger. He’s written a book, Teamlife - Beyond Setbacks to Success, on it. The Oilers fired Krueger early one June morning in the summer of 2013. He accepted a job with Team Canada by noon.

“I've been telling people for 25 years that when you can't change something in life, find a positive process and solutions, things that move you forward,” explained Krueger, watching a practice one morning in Sochi. “I remember [when he was fired] sitting on my daughter's bed at home in Switzerland, and my wife, Glenda, was in shock. She was screaming and yelling. I quickly said, 'Can I change anything? This is a done deal.’ [Oilers’ GM Craig MacTavish] told me he had an option [to hire Dallas Eakins]. The first thing that came to my mind was, 'I don't need to understand this. It's a waste of my time, my life, of analysis. I'm not going to talk negative about anybody. Let's go.'

“I swear, it was three hours after they announced it in Canada. Babcock phoned me. Three hours. So I threw myself into this. Mike got my number from Tom Renney. Three hours. My wife said, 'You already accepted another job?' She thought I was nuts.”

Krueger showing his coaching chops at World Cup

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A goalie won the Calder in Quick's rookie year but it wasn't Quick.

The Kings won the Jennings the year Quick missed almost half the season due to injury, too. That was the season Martin Jones broke onto the scene.

Raycroft won ROY as well :L

I will take Schneider, Quick, MAF and Bobby Lou over Raycroft in his prime.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raycroft won ROY as well :L

I will take Schneider, Quick, MAF and Bobby Lou over Raycroft in his prime.

I will take Curtis Sanford over Raycroft in his prime, thank you very much.

Sanford Saves

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bahahahah, suppose i should've fact checked. Yeah, that was Steve Mason. And yeah, 49 GP on the Jennings year. He's far from a bum, of course...his playoff numbers in the two Cup years are bonkers. .946 and .934 S% respectively. But he's really all over the board...when he's hot he posts that .946S% and 1.41GAA. But when he's cold you get .911S% 2.58GAA or something like this year .886S%, 3.04GAA. In a short tournament it's great to have the hot hand, but if he's not on you're done after two games.

no shot at you ... i saw the original post last week saying Quick won a ROY and was gonna let it slide but wtf ? lol

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="esls79, post: 8927943, member: 281"]I will take Curtis Sanford over Raycroft in his prime, thank you very much.

Sanford Saves[/QUOTE]

And I would take Fred G. Sanford over Raycroft

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="esls79, post: 8927943, member: 281"]I will take Curtis Sanford over Raycroft in his prime, thank you very much.

Sanford Saves

And I would take Fred G. Sanford over Raycroft[/QUOTE]

id take Lamont Sanford over Raycroft too :thumb:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill also take Carl Winslow over Raycroft

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why ESPN should NEVER cover the NHL again:

Calling hockey's inclusiveness into question

Really?!?!....Really?!?!?.....If this writer wanted to use this argument then he should have complained that the US Mens Baseketball was less diverse. Very stupid article without much merit except he wanted click bait and I fell for it. :L