• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup of Hockey returns in 2016

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffy mighta helped too.
Csl6vszVMAEtpfY.jpg

Yeah, but does he block shots?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for Canada last night and a massive upset by Europe, 3-0 over USA.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider is woefully under rated, and Quick is good but severely overrated because of his team's success. I'd also play Bishop before Quick. Schneider is very consistent, Quick is not. When he's hot he's hot, but then you have days like today where it's 3 goals on first 9 shots. Quick has career .916% Schneider is .925%. Quick has better defensemen in front of him, although both are definitely on teams that love to insulate the goalie.

Can't argue with him having a bad day, but I think you're in the minority if you would take Cory Schneider over J. Quick.

One is a former ROY, 2 time Stanley Cup Champion and Conn Smyth winner, Jennings Trophy winner and multiple time All Star.

The other is pretty much a career back up although he did get his name on the Jennings as a backup to Loungo in Vancouver.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King Henrik is sick and won't play today against the Russkies.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for the Canucks (Team Sweden) against the evil Russians today.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:rockford:
Career starts

So except for the last 2 years he's been a back up = pretty much a career back up.

He's the same age as Quick and has played 220 fewer games. There's a reason for that.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there a team North America (when there is already team USA & Canada) and a team Europe (when there is a 4 teams from Europe) in the WCOH?

I know I'm late to this post but that's not a stupid question at all lol. It's a perfectly valid question with a stupid answer.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Scotiabank 'Bobby Orr' commercial. Lanny, Mario, and Paul Henderson have bit parts as well :D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swedish Sedinery comes close to opening the scoring.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King Henrik is sick and won't play today against the Russkies.

The Bobsky flu.

My .02 on Quick V Schneider:
If I had one game to play for everything I own, I would choose Quick.

But in every other sense; Who would I build a Franchise around, who would I trust in a Stanley cup final, who do I want my kid to emulate in net, I take Schneider every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Quick has ridiculous reflexes, and is very athletic. But no goalie in the history of the league short of Dominik Hasek has more success with such terrible form. Quick has success now. But when he hits the cliff where his body can't play that way he will disappear in an instant. Goalies who scramble like him can be successful, but when they implode it is big. Irbe. Nittymaki, Gerber, Cecmanek. And i think he's probably a year past his sell by date. It will be interesting to see how long he can keep it up.

Schneider is incredibly disciplined, very economical with his movements to make the saves he is expected to. Plus he has instincts and athleticism to make a few saves you wouldn't expect him to. As his defence gets better and more experienced in front of him, he will shine. If he was in Chicago or St Louis, he'd be a superstar.

IMO, Schneider is far "better" than Quick.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bobsky flu.

My .02 on Quick V Schneider:
If I had one game to play for everything I own, I would choose Quick.

But in every other sense; Who would I build a Franchise around, who would I trust in a Stanley cup final, who do I want my kid to emulate in net, I take Schneider every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Quick has ridiculous reflexes, and is very athletic. But no goalie in the history of the league short of Dominik Hasek has more success with such terrible form. Quick has success now. But when he hits the cliff where his body can't play that way he will disappear in an instant. Goalies who scramble like him can be successful, but when they implode it is big. Irbe. Nittymaki, Gerber, Cecmanek. And i think he's probably a year past his sell by date. It will be interesting to see how long he can keep it up.

Schneider is incredibly disciplined, very economical with his movements to make the saves he is expected to. Plus he has instincts and athleticism to make a few saves you wouldn't expect him to. As his defence gets better and more experienced in front of him, he will shine. If he was in Chicago or St Louis, he'd be a superstar.

IMO, Schneider is far "better" than Quick.

Tim Thomas?