• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup of Hockey returns in 2016

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Bleeding Gums Murphy and his 27 minute rendition of the "Stars and Stripes" when you need him?
Also not welcome at a Torts event. You can guess why.

/Sorry Seth Jones, it's gonna be a long few years.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if nobody on the bench stood and the starters took a knee on the ice. Would Torts even stick around to finish the game? How amazing would it be if Torts quit Team USA after one "friendly"?

If Bettman wants some publicity for this thing, well, Kaepernick's jerseys are the top sellers on nfl.com right now. Can't argue with what works.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone involved is in it for the money, is there a chance there will be no bodychecking? :noidea:

Seems like a muiti-week ASG, with better unis. And some pseudo, kinda national pride.

If you are Sid, do you really want Letang hitting Geno?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, call me petty if you will, but I have real difficulty getting behind the brainchild of one Gary Bettman, part of me hope this flops (I hear ticket sales aren't all that great) and the final is Team Sweden versus Team Europe.

You're petty.

/better late then never, this thread moves fast
//i keed of course
///and I have the same sediment as you. F**k Bettman.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, while I'm in old man crankypants mode, those WHC commercials where Hughson says "Once and for all, we'll find out who owns hockey" really bug me. Nobody owns hockey, it's a game that has been contested for over 100 years and more and more countries have discovered this great game in the last 50 years or so. Just a dumb way to promote this event, but that's Rogers Sportsnet for you.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, while I'm in old man crankypants mode, those WHC commercials where Hughson says "Once and for all, we'll find out who owns hockey" really bug me. Nobody owns hockey, it's a game that has been contested for over 100 years and more and more countries have discovered this great game in the last 50 years or so. Just a dumb way to promote this event, but that's Rogers Sportsnet for you.

This part of it bugs me too. So this is it? Is it just the final international hockey tournament ever or do these guys have some secret armageddon related knowledge?

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, this is an "anti-Bettman" message board?

Guess I get to be the voice of reason...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, this is an "anti-Bettman" message board?

Guess I get to be the voice of reason...

To be fair, Bettman has grown the game and I'm sure the owners love how much money he has put in their pockets. I just don't like three work stoppages during his tenure as commissioner and all signs pointing to #4 in a few years.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Bettman has grown the game and I'm sure the owners love how much money he has put in their pockets. I just don't like three work stoppages during his tenure as commissioner and all signs pointing to #4 in a few years.

The Fehr led stoppage was entirely on the players. That was the most moronic display from a Union I've ever seen.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fehr led stoppage was entirely on the players. That was the most moronic display from a Union I've ever seen.

Oh, there was plenty of dumb to be passed around, no doubt, but since 1992, there's been one constant as far as NHL negotiator is concerned.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone involved is in it for the money, is there a chance there will be no bodychecking? :noidea:

Seems like a muiti-week ASG, with better unis. And some pseudo, kinda national pride.

If you are Sid, do you really want Letang hitting Geno?

nhl network was replaying the 96 world cup finals a couple days and it was pretty intense. definitely didn't look like an all star game. guess we'll see though.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not welcome at a Torts event. You can guess why.

/Sorry Seth Jones, it's gonna be a long few years.

He won't block shots?

It would be great if nobody on the bench stood and the starters took a knee on the ice. Would Torts even stick around to finish the game? How amazing would it be if Torts quit Team USA after one "friendly"?

If Bettman wants some publicity for this thing, well, Kaepernick's jerseys are the top sellers on nfl.com right now. Can't argue with what works.

How amazing would it be if Torts would just quit everything before October?

And I will regard Dubinsky as a real God Damned Hero if he's the one sit down. Make Torts' head explode.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I am not great with acronyms :noidea:

If I did, it would have been as BGDave with my ubiquitous beagle pic

Hockeys future boards.

Name and Nashville affiliation seem familiar