• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup of Hockey returns in 2016

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockeys future boards.

Name and Nashville affiliation seem familiar

Veering off topic, I saw a picture of Al Waxman the other day. Reminded me of the old King of Kensington TV series.

Doubt the series has anything to do with your name here though.

/back to the topic

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ventured over to HF Boards when ESPN started to go to the Dog.

My humo(u)r was not appreciated. And there were a lot of kool-aid drinkers over there on the Blue Jackets board. This was around the time Howson drafted Filatov.

I might have stabbed myself to death if I was there during the Nash trade fiasco.

Back on Topic, who will give me money to take a boombox to team USA practice today and blare the anthem whenever Torts tells the team to take a knee?

(I have to go there anyway as my son's gear is at that rink in his locker room and I have to replace a toe bridge for him. He ripped it yesterday)

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ventured over to HF Boards when ESPN started to go to the Dog.

My humo(u)r was not appreciated. And there were a lot of kool-aid drinkers over there on the Blue Jackets board. This was around the time Howson drafted Filatov.

I might have stabbed myself to death if I was there during the Nash trade fiasco.

Back on Topic, who will give me money to take a boombox to team USA practice today and blare the anthem whenever Torts tells the team to take a knee?

(I have to go there anyway as my son's gear is at that rink in his locker room and I have to replace a toe bridge for him. He ripped it yesterday)

Any humor is not appreciated over there. It's the biggest internet dictatorship I've ever seen since they were acquired by "Crave".

And I stand by Torts for his stance.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, while I'm in old man crankypants mode, those WHC commercials where Hughson says "Once and for all, we'll find out who owns hockey" really bug me. Nobody owns hockey, it's a game that has been contested for over 100 years and more and more countries have discovered this great game in the last 50 years or so. Just a dumb way to promote this event, but that's Rogers Sportsnet for you.
In one way, you're all owners.

But in a more accurate way, Canada owns you all.

:canada:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fehr led stoppage was entirely on the players. That was the most moronic display from a Union I've ever seen.
Really? They cancelled the entire 04-05 season and then gave the owners everything they asked for. That is, like, the single-dumbest thing any players union has ever done. At least in 12-13 they got more of the HRR they wanted.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part of it bugs me too. So this is it? Is it just the final international hockey tournament ever or do these guys have some secret armageddon related knowledge?
Also, I'd like to point out to Mr. Crosby that hockey didn't "invent" Canada. It was colonial genocide and scared Loyalists that "invented" Canada.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any humor is not appreciated over there. It's the biggest internet dictatorship I've ever seen since they were acquired by "Crave".

And I stand by Torts for his stance.

I also stand by Torts for his stance.

I hate everything else about him.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we had a third lockout for this?

/is Larry Brooks on the beat for Team USA?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Carey does get the start for Canada Friday.

Still not going to pay to see it live. The boy is annoyed.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'd like to point out to Mr. Crosby that hockey didn't "invent" Canada. It was colonial genocide and scared Loyalists that "invented" Canada.

I'll go a step further and ask what we're all thinking. Sid... WTF is that even supposed to mean?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go a step further and ask what we're all thinking. Sid... WTF is that even supposed to mean?
Yeah, I'd ask if Sid even bothered to ask the writers "um, this doesn't exactly make sense guys" but at this point I think he just goes into mindless robot mode when he's doing promo.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to make the choice between watching the NFL open up or Team Someofeurope play the millennials... hmmmmm

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are so cynical! I'm excited for this event. I guarantee the intensity is higher than an all-star game, though not at the level of Olympics. I think the players will ease off the really dirty stuff, and probably won't hit their own teammates with full force, but these guys are competitors. I'm excited just to see team NA.

nhl network was replaying the 96 world cup finals a couple days and it was pretty intense. definitely didn't look like an all star game. guess we'll see though.

At least some of the players will remember that tournament, and it'll have an impact.

Also, while I'm in old man crankypants mode, those WHC commercials where Hughson says "Once and for all, we'll find out who owns hockey" really bug me. Nobody owns hockey, it's a game that has been contested for over 100 years and more and more countries have discovered this great game in the last 50 years or so. Just a dumb way to promote this event, but that's Rogers Sportsnet for you.

I fucking hate those ads. We make such dorky ads in Canada. I'm surprised they didn't add "and Tim Hortons. Tim Hortons also invented Canada" just for the trifecta of cheesy Canadian identity advertisement cliches.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate those ads. We make such dorky ads in Canada. I'm surprised they didn't add "and Tim Hortons. Tim Hortons also invented Canada" just for the trifecta of cheesy Canadian identity advertisement cliches.
I'll never understand how Canadian marketing is so far behind that of other countries. In comparison to the US, we're using techniques today that they were using in the mid-90s, and companies will literally run the same spots for years.

This country's idea that Tim Hortons, a company that is currently owned by an American multinational for the second time in its history, is an icon of Canadian culture is also pathetic. Canada has the cultural identity of a petting zoo inside a shopping mall.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand how Canadian marketing is so far behind that of other countries. In comparison to the US, we're using techniques today that they were using in the mid-90s, and companies will literally run the same spots for years.

This country's idea that Tim Hortons, a company that is currently owned by an American multinational for the second time in its history, is an icon of Canadian culture is also pathetic. Canada has the cultural identity of a petting zoo inside a shopping mall.

I always think of this ad campaign

Even Ray could see the writing on the wall by the time they were done milking this one.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Preach, brother, preach! :agree: