• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup of Hockey returns in 2016

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
no Kessel for USA is a head scratcher
I wanted to see PK on Canada, too

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where to drop this, so I'll put it here...

Russia being Russia - Can you imagine Hockey Canada dictating to Canadian based NHL teams what line combinations to use and what plays to run? Also, not all KHL teams are based in Russia, what happens when Russian national coaches try to tell Jokerit what to do?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is the ultimate bitch :L

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of Steve Simmons working at the Sun, can we launch Steve Simmons into the sun?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even explain how angry that made me. I know it's clickbait, but how is he allowed to publish garbage like that? It's unfounded trash. First off, LOL at Lombardi and character. The guy threw aside drug users with charges against (which is fair enough) and then went to bat for an abuser because the abuser was a good player still. Second off, character means shit in these tourneys...not sure how long it's gonna take for USA Hockey to get that. Ice the best team, fuck your grit. Third, to even begin to mention that Sochi was somehow Phils fault makes me nauseous. HE WAS THEIR BEST FUCKING PLAYER. "He disappeared during medal rounds"...okay, what about the rest of the team who were invisible the entire tournament?! And claiming his teammates pointed to him is laughable. If they did, they're the ones with character issues...because no one showed up in the medal rounds. But I don't think for a moment his teammates did that. Kane has said many times how much he loves the guy. Most of his teammates have enjoyed him. So, Mr Big Tough Journalist...who has the issue here? The guy who's leading his Final bound team in points? Or the guy who is justifying not including such a player on a national team with stale narratives and personal vendettas?

Win the fucking Cup, Phil. And the Conn Smythe while you're at it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is the ultimate bitch :L

One of these MSM assholes even hinting at the fact that they were maybe wrong about something is about as likely as winning the powerball. And Simmons is just about the worst of the bunch.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of Steve Simmons working at the Sun, can we launch Steve Simmons into the sun?

I liked him on Degrassi Junior High, I don't know what happened

alex.png

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
One of these MSM assholes even hinting at the fact that they were maybe wrong about something is about as likely as winning the powerball. And Simmons is just about the worst of the bunch.
him and Damein Cox.
just fucking awful

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
him and Damein Cox.
just fucking awful

While Damien still sucks he's actually gotten somewhat better and he wouldn't be 2nd from the bottom for me. But he still sucks.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have flip-floppin Rossi in Pittsburgh, who is obnoxious and makes up his own crap, but if the shit he throws on the wall doesn't stick, he lets it go. "There's a rift between Sid and Mario!" No there isn't Rob. Then he never brings it up again. Simmons just refuses to even just let something go. I don't expect the guy to ever own up to being wrong, but man...to keep going back to that same well? It's just astonishing to read an article that in one breath mentions a guy as a viable Conn Smythe candidate, and in the next tries to justify a team passing over him for Brandon freaking Dubinsky.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have flip-floppin Rossi in Pittsburgh, who is obnoxious and makes up his own crap, but if the shit he throws on the wall doesn't stick, he lets it go. "There's a rift between Sid and Mario!" No there isn't Rob. Then he never brings it up again. Simmons just refuses to even just let something go. I don't expect the guy to ever own up to being wrong, but man...to keep going back to that same well? It's just astonishing to read an article that in one breath mentions a guy as a viable Conn Smythe candidate, and in the next tries to justify a team passing over him for Brandon freaking Dubinsky.

I know you hate Dubinsky but let's focus on the real problem here: Ryan fucking Callahan is on the team.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought "Board Beetchez" was the name of your SportsHoopla biker gang?

We have a vote coming up...SportsHoopla Hoes, Board Beetchez, Puck Killer Rabbits (just imagine the leather jackets with the killer rabbit on them...bad ass), or simply "Higgy and Pix Run This Shit".

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a vote coming up...SportsHoopla Hoes, Board Beetchez, Puck Killer Rabbits (just imagine the leather jackets with the killer rabbit on them...bad ass), or simply "Higgy and Pix Run This Shit".

I wasn't sure what joke to use since there's also a good one to be made using the homonym "bored", but your response makes me believe that I chose correctly :wink:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I read somewhere last week that Jake Muzzin is on Team Canada and Phil Kessel isn't on Team USA?

What's going on here?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I read somewhere last week that Jake Muzzin is on Team Canada and Phil Kessel isn't on Team USA?

What's going on here?

Not only that but Muzzin is on the team and TJ Brodie is not. Muzzin is on the team but PK Subban is not. Muzzin is on the team but Letang is not.

Team Canada is a bit weird.