• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 7: Seattle Seahawks vs. New Orleans Saints

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Weak Schedule - New Orleans has some really high rankings in performance this year. Top 10 in running the ball and scoring, despite already having their bye - and #1 against the run per play (2 in yards, but again bye included). This could be a fool's gold situation, as they've had a ridiculously easy schedule with their only opponent over .500 was Green Bay, but that was week one where the Packers played so poorly people were thinking Rodgers was purposefully trying to throw the season to force a trade. New Orleans could be a paper tiger who's 3-2 record could just be because of their weak schedule.

Alex Collins - It's been a long time since I've seen a game that good by a running back for Seattle. He showed excellent vision and great patience in his running, weaving through open spaces and lower in the boom when he needed to, but only when he needed to. New Orleans is a different beast all together - so Seattle will need him to do the same thing tomorrow night to help take pressure off Geno.

Geno Smith - Last week Geno played mediocrely, which is fine from your back up quarterback. He played well enough to give the Hawks a chance to win, and though his fumble is what finished the game off, it wasn't like he did it doing something he shouldn't have been. This week though, if New Orleans' run defense is as good as it looks on paper, Geno is going to have to find a way to exploit a passing defense that is nearly as incompetent as it own.

Negatives:

Alvin Kamara - Despite their horrible overall ranking, I feel the run defense has been the strength of the defensive unit. Despite that, the formula to beat the Hawks this year has been to wear them down and let the fatigue open holes in the second half. Kamara is a top notch runner who had 161 yards from scrimmage and 2 touchdowns the last time he faced the Seahawks, doing most of his damage in the passing game - a weakness of Seattle's D is stopping RBs out of the backfield.

Pass Rush - Darrell Taylor is listed as questionable for the game. In recent years, questionable wasn't as much a guaranteed out as it used to be, but if Taylor can't go I don't know where the pressure is going to come from. Jameis Winston may not be Drew Brees, but if you give him all day to throw, he'll still carve up this defense.

Time of Possession - Seattle's TOP has been greatly screwed in the favor of their opponents all year. Even in their wins, they've lost the TOP by as much as 11 minutes. Last week was a miracle the defense held up as well as it did, as they were on the field more than 20 minutes in the first half. New Orleans runs the ball more than 54% of the time, so it seems likely they'll try to dominate the TOP like everyone else against Seattle, and only call on Winston to throw when needed. The offense has to help out the defense more.

Overview:

I said after Wilson got hurt that the schedule eased up for the next 3 games and all were winnable and 2-1 was a good outcome to strive for. Last week would've been the better game to win, but New Orleans hasn't been any more consistent than Pittsburgh. This one is also at home, so some home cooking the next two games could spell a chance for Seattle to still salvage that 2-1 record going into their bye week. This is as close to a must win as it can possibly get for a first half of the season game. Seattle must win - as it just seems too much a hole to climb out of at 2-5.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor was limited in practice.... that's great news. Been saying to you guys for a number of years (thanks to a friend who was a staff member for Seattle), ignore the questionable/doubtful/probable thing, it's all based on practice. PRACTICE, WE TALKIN BOUT PRACTICE lol.

I'm ACTUALLY a bit positive on this game... I think Seattle can limit Kamara, if Taylor plays I think we can get to Winston, who I also think underrates our secondary. And yah, there's not much to be excited about in our secondary but Diggs is still good and I think Jamal will show up after he dropped two interceptions last week.

I'm going for the positive push this week... 24-21 Hawks.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins hadn't practiced all week so I'm actually pleasantly surprised he is "only" questionable.

Also Damien Lewis is questionable.
Lewis was really good last year as a rookie at LG but he has struggled some in the move to RG. Not sure if that is a transitionary thing or if playing next to Shell instead of Brown is the issue.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is possible we can win this game Winston always turns the ball over but then again I remember he did chop us up a few years back when he was with the Bucs and Mike Evans was bodying Richard Sherman.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nice to have Penny back in case Collins gets dinged up in this game like he did last week... Excited to see what Penny can bring to the table tonight... More finesse back with break away speed... He should help in the passing game...

I'm still concerned about our pass rush because J. Winston can pick apart a offense (any NFL QB) without much pressure... We need to make Winston feel like he's got to rush the ball each time he drops back to pass - when that happens he tends to make mistakes... Need to have D. Taylor playing tonight since he seems to be the only one that gets any pressure on the QB's... With that said, we really need to get Jamal Adams back to rushing the QB - that's is specialty and fits his gifts/talents much better with that style of play...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nice to have Penny back in case Collins gets dinged up in this game like he did last week... Excited to see what Penny can bring to the table tonight... More finesse back with break away speed... He should help in the passing game...

I'm still concerned about our pass rush because J. Winston can pick apart a offense (any NFL QB) without much pressure... We need to make Winston feel like he's got to rush the ball each time he drops back to pass - when that happens he tends to make mistakes... Need to have D. Taylor playing tonight since he seems to be the only one that gets any pressure on the QB's... With that said, we really need to get Jamal Adams back to rushing the QB - that's is specialty and fits his gifts/talents much better with that style of play...

Are we talking about the same Crablegs who led the league in interceptions 2 years ago?

I'm optimistic after the defensive performance last week. But cautiously because of Alvin Fucking Karama

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so this is the 3rd week in a row the Hawks are on Prime time. Lets hope they get back to winning in prime time and get the first home win of the season!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Saints went 3-0 out but that felt more like the Saints F up than Seattle did anything.... Lets GO HAWKS

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta good feeling about this game with the elements and stuff

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy crap on that 1-10 overthrow by JW there were 3 guys wide open.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like how the game is going so far.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure glad Geno wasted that TO there. So helpful.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS Defence call and then they get a timeout before a 5 false start ... really refs??

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a long grinding drive. Need the Seahawks offense to get some first downs this next possession.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks saved blown coverage for a TD, Jamal Adams was not where he should have been. Adams owes Brooks a steak dinner.