• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wisconsin v South Carolina Cap One Bowl

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't expect to have an offense that runs the ball up the middle 80% of the tine and go undefeated in win the NC . Not in today's age. When the fuck will Badgers fans realize this?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no fucking sense.

If our offensive line was "inferior" to their D-line, they wouldn't have almost 300 rushing yards.

Wisconsin lost this game because of a) turnovers and b) a missed FG (and another missed opportunity for a FG).

c. Curt Phillips sucks

d. Dez fucking Southward

(e. Connor Shaw is really good. Switch QB play, and we win pretty easily)

Hell, you can blame just about ANYTHING. The only thing that you can't pin this loss on is our rushing offense. So, of course, guess what Pumpkinhead blames.....

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would give a lot to see that Wisky rushing offense on Bama's team.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c. Curt Phillips sucks

d. Dez fucking Southward

Hell, you can blame just about ANYTHING. The only thing that you can't pin this loss on is our rushing offense. So, of course, guess what Pumpkinhead blames.....

They had to go with the power running game because that us all they are good at. But the point I am making is that the potential to beat great teams increases with a much improved passing attack with the amount of running that keeps a great defense honest.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the offensive line wore out late and worse the running backs.

LOL. So now James White (who had 12 carries the entire game, his lowest since September) was gassed. But the South Carolina defenders who were huffing and puffing weren't. Outside of two decent stuffs on that one 3rd and 1, our rushing offense was unstoppable for 60 minutes.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game, but it appears Wisconsin got .abcde wins?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the offensive line wore out late and worse the running backs.

That's just preposterous.

I'll give it to our D - we came up with the stops in the 2nd half that we didn't get in the first. JD had a good game out there - those USC fans who bitched about his effort this season (cluelessly) are going to be missing him come next. Kelcy Quarles is a Sheldon Richardson type DT - high motor, but a little undersized. He struggles against straight run-blocking, tends to get boxed off. In addition, Badgers do a good job of pulling a guy and leading the back through the gap. Their schemes are set up well, and they do a good job of mixing up outside/inside running. I didn't think we sized up with them properly across the front, and our LBs have struggled this year, at times, finding the runner, coming off blocks when they needed to, and sometimes just tackling (they're young, though and improved mightily).

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way... They rushed for almost 300 yards and still lost by 10 to a top ten team. A great but predictable rushing game is not as potent as a diverse offense that the great teams have. Sorry to hurt your feelings but it is true.

Wisconsin had 1 shot in 2011 with Wilson and they fucked it up 3 times.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to go with the power running game because that us all they are good at. But the point I am making is that the potential to beat great teams increases with a much improved passing attack with the amount of running that keeps a great defense honest.

And i'm saying that calling out an offense which has been in the top 20 three of the past four years despite playing a slower pace is stupid. You can speak in hypotheticals all you want, but none of them apply to us. If we had halfway decent special teams, we would have been undefeated in both 2010 and 2011. Anybody thinking the offense is holding Wisconsin back is an idiot. It's been the secondary, D-Line, and Special Teams for the last five years. Period.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your coaches think the same thing as you smart and that is why Wisconsin has never won or even played in a championship in its schools history. Have fun playing it safe every year and always going 10-2 to 8-4 and playing in your Outback Bowls and Capital One bowls.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making fun of us for always playing in the Cap One and Outback goals? Really? Did you sleep through the last three years?

And if our coaches thought like me, they would have put an emphasis on special teams after the 2009 season (when we had the worst special teams in America). And then we would have gone undefeated in 2010 and 2011. Every loss regular season loss those years was a ten point (or less) loss, with at least ten points coming from special teams fuckups. Again, that's not on the offense.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was the special teams fuckups vs MSU and Ohio State in 2011? The one year your offense had a dynamic QB. That was defensive fuckups at the end of games. And only scoring 38 vs Oregon that year was a letdown when you averaged more than that for the year and their defense was not good.

The other years your offense was one dimensional. 2010 vs TCU you tried running it the entire game and were stuffed to 19 points. Last year vs Stanford was a game where you could have used a few more plays. 83 yards passing in a 20-14 loss. Yeah that's not on the offense lmao.

Keep your rush offense the same but make it a priority to get a dynamic passing game to go with it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was the special teams fuckups vs MSU and Ohio State in 2011? The one year your offense had a dynamic QB. That was defensive fuckups at the end of games. And only scoring 38 vs Oregon that year was a letdown when you averaged more than that for the year and their defense was not good.

The other years your offense was one dimensional. 2010 vs TCU you tried running it the entire game and were stuffed to 19 points. Last year vs Stanford was a game where you could have used a few more plays. 83 yards passing in a 20-14 loss. Yeah that's not on the offense lmao.

Keep your rush offense the same but make it a priority to get a dynamic passing game to go with it!!!

Against MSU, we had a punt blocked for a TD and a 30 yard field goal blocked.

Against OSU, we had a punt blocked which OSU recovered at our 1. After we took the lead with less than a minute left. we allowed them to return the kickoff into Wisconsin territory,

Both of those games were directly lost because of awful special teams.

In the TCU game, we outgained them by 80 yards. Five of our eight drives were 47 yards or longer. We missed a point blank field goal, and our best starting field position was our 32. Blaming an offense that averaged 45 yards per drive is idiotic.

None of those games were lost because of the offense. In every one of those games, our offense outplayed the defense.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't expect to have an offense that runs the ball up the middle 80% of the tine and go undefeated in win the NC . Not in today's age. When the fuck will Badgers fans realize this?
Less than half of Wisconsin's running plays are "up the middle".

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c. Curt Phillips sucks

d. Dez fucking Southward

pumpkinhead is the worst troll on SportsHoopla because he doesn't even know the game of football. If you're gonna be a dickhead at least know the game.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against MSU, we had a punt blocked for a TD and a 30 yard field goal blocked.

Against OSU, we had a punt blocked which OSU recovered at our 1. After we took the lead with less than a minute left. we allowed them to return the kickoff into Wisconsin territory,

Both of those games were directly lost because of awful special teams.

In the TCU game, we outgained them by 80 yards. Five of our eight drives were 47 yards or longer. We missed a point blank field goal, and our best starting field position was our 32. Blaming an offense that averaged 45 yards per drive is idiotic.

None of those games were lost because of the offense. In every one of those games, our offense outplayed the defense.

Special teams is one of those things in college that a lot of teams struggle on. Atleast the FGs. I see teams miss 30 yard FGs in college every week. It is pathetic.

But in 2011, at the crunch time of the games, the defense is what lost you those 2 games. Everyone knows that.

In the Stanford game. the Cardinal had more yards in that game. Does that mean the Badgers defense outplayed their offense with that logic you used in the TCU game?

When you score 14 and 19 points vs teams that actually have a good defense, I think my point is proven clearly.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pumpkinhead is the worst troll on SportsHoopla because he doesn't even know the game of football. If you're gonna be a dickhead at least know the game.

Saying that Wisconsin needs to be more dynamic on offense to be effective vs good defenses is fucking true whether you want to believe it or not. 14 and 19 points vs 2 teams with great defenses in TCU and Stanford. 24 vs South Carolina.

YOU NEED A GOOD QB TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that Wisconsin needs to be more dynamic on offense to be effective vs good defenses is fucking true whether you want to believe it or not. 14 and 19 points vs 2 teams with great defenses in TCU and Stanford. 24 vs South Carolina.

YOU NEED A GOOD QB TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wisconsin was doing just fine with Stave at QB. He went down and the game was pretty much in the bag for South Carolina given the lack of depth at QB right now. Stave's injury and bad DB play cost UW the game, period.

Once Stave went down all SC had to do was not fuck up in the 4th quarter and they had it. Even with several big mistakes, they still had it due to a terrible backup QB.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, I missed the last ten minutes of the game due to having family over for dinner. I TOLD my wife, "the ONLY game I care about is at 1PM on NYD..." So why the hell does she schedule a dinner for 3:30?

Gimme a moment...

...OK. What I saw was a really good game that could have gone either way up until Stave left. Carolina couldn't stop the Badgers run game, and Wisconsin couldn't stop Shaw's passing game. From a quick peek at the box score, it looks like Carolina was finally able to run the ball late in the game on their last scoring drive, then the teams traded turnovers...but the Badgers committed more.

Great game, Badgers. I was really looking forward to this matchup. Hope to see you guys again in the future.