• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson going to the Broncos

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Guess we are going to hear you complaining about Russ getting traded for the foreseeable future then.

You seem to think I'm the only one who thinks it was a really bad move. I get that you are happy about it. But everytime I see other teams spend huge money for players, it shows the folly of our actions.

Hill just got 25 million a year. That's where the market is right now.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to think I'm the only one who thinks it was a really bad move. I get that you are happy about it. But everytime I see other teams spend huge money for players, it shows the folly of our actions.

Russ wanted out. Not really much you can do about that. It sucks, but at least we got good compensation out of it while he still had value. His skills were somewhat useless here anyways with a run-first ball-control offense. I just hope he sucks real bad with Denver so we get that much better of a pick in next year's draft, but I imagine Denver will be roughly a .500 team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You seem to pay no attention to the fact that a SB contender( Chiefs) just traded away a key piece because of cap implications. Instead you want to focus on a non play off team spending a fortune on him.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tyreek Hill is making Russ look like a bargain basement player.
are you talking about his contract or the return they got? #29, a late 2nd, and some mid round picks?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to pay no attention to the fact that a SB contender( Chiefs) just traded away a key piece because of cap implications. Instead you want to focus on a non play off team spending a fortune on him.

I'm well aware of why he was traded. And the Dolphins are still on a rookie QB contract. So they have more flexibility.

But that's how the league operates. The teams with cap space set the market and the teams without it, have to work within those parameters.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well aware of why he was traded. And the Dolphins are still on a rookie QB contract. So they have more flexibility.

But that's how the league operates. The teams with cap space set the market and the teams without it, have to work within those parameters.
and they have to decide between having a QB taking up 25% of the cap and elite players at other positions.

we may end up keeping metcalf because we dont have that QB, although I personally think we should trade him and no WR is worth $30m per year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they have to decide between having a QB taking up 25% of the cap and elite players at other positions.

we may end up keeping metcalf because we dont have that QB, although I personally think we should trade him and no WR is worth $30m per year.

Yah that's INSANE how much WRs are getting paid. Look at the last list of Super Bowl winners and not a lot had HUGELY paid wide receivers. Hell New England for years did it with guys that were serviceable but cheap (and got value deals for guys like Randy Moss).

For a player that is involved in about 33% of your total snaps (talking offense and defense) if you run the ball often, doesn't really seem worth it. I'd rather have the 50/50 players like DL/OL/QB/CB, etc.

WR, TE, and RB have never had much value to me. Sign em' cheap and draft them. If you have the other pieces figured out, you will be okay.... and those positions are generally SO easy to find in free agency. WRs are moving all over the place this year, TEs a bit... and RB there almost is no market. No reason to resign a WR to that kind of money... let some team with a cheap QB do it for ya and destroy them of draft picks lol.

I'd be fine franchising Metcalf and letting him walk if it meant not paying $30M per year, 60%+ guaranteed, and returning a 1st/2nd.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah that's INSANE how much WRs are getting paid. Look at the last list of Super Bowl winners and not a lot had HUGELY paid wide receivers. Hell New England for years did it with guys that were serviceable but cheap (and got value deals for guys like Randy Moss).

For a player that is involved in about 33% of your total snaps (talking offense and defense) if you run the ball often, doesn't really seem worth it. I'd rather have the 50/50 players like DL/OL/QB/CB, etc.

WR, TE, and RB have never had much value to me. Sign em' cheap and draft them. If you have the other pieces figured out, you will be okay.... and those positions are generally SO easy to find in free agency. WRs are moving all over the place this year, TEs a bit... and RB there almost is no market. No reason to resign a WR to that kind of money... let some team with a cheap QB do it for ya and destroy them of draft picks lol.

I'd be fine franchising Metcalf and letting him walk if it meant not paying $30M per year, 60%+ guaranteed, and returning a 1st/2nd.

I actually agree that spending big money on WRs doesn't make a lot of sense.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
player salaries will kill the NFL.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been saying that since before the salary cap.

The NFL owners are doing just fine.

I think we are already seeing what will trend, high paid players getting traded. I think we will see more qbs and others being traded every year until the contracts get under control.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are already seeing what will trend, high paid players getting traded. I think we will see more qbs and others being traded every year until the contracts get under control.

I think it is very unlikely that we will see marquee QBs traded more frequently.

The Wilson and Watson trades had extenuating circumstances. Matt Ryan may or may not be cooked and the Falcons are in a rebuild so moving him made sense.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC asked about metcalf and locket

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would a late first even be enough? I dont think so

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with inflation and a possible recession on the horizon...

Poor ol'Jerry Jones isn't going to be able to afford the high price gold diggers anymore!
Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.... "IF" we traded him, we would need to get (2) 1st in my opinion... Or Multiple draft picks, which included a first... If GB wants him that badly and we're not in a position to have to trade him, we better maximize the opportunity and not settle for anything less...