• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Justin Fields ever be the starting QB at UGA?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring injury.

I've been hearing from credible people that Jake Fromm has full intentions of playing out his eligibility at UGA, and since Fromm and Fields are only separated by one year, that would only leave Fields one season as the starter unless he redshirts, and I don't see that happening.

In any other recruiting class, Fields would have been the number one player in the country, much less number one QB, and I have my doubts that a kid rated that highly would be willing to be a backup for 3 years, and his father has already said he wants Fields to get significantly more playing time.

This is Fromm's team, and Fromm is a pretty damn good QB who is gonna be tough for Fields to beat out of the job.

If Fromm were to change his mind and leave for the NFL after the 2019 season, I think Fields probably stays, but if Fromm stays through 2020, I think it's pretty well a given that Fields will transfer to somewhere he'll start at.

So my pick is no, he'll never be the starting QB at UGA. I hope he talks to DJ Shockley, who had to wait out David Greene for one season as starting QB and decides to see it through, but I have my doubts.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard from reliable sources at Burger King, that he is transferring to Bama. Thanks in advance.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were him, I would've stuck with my commitment to Penn State. Come in for a year with McSorely on his last year in an offense that knows how to use a DT QB. Would've come in with the nations #1 WR and #1 APB. He would've been a Heisman finalist there, at worst.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would’ve made sense to use his redshirt this year, no? Did they really need to burn a year?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring injury.

I've been hearing from credible people that Jake Fromm has full intentions of playing out his eligibility at UGA, and since Fromm and Fields are only separated by one year, that would only leave Fields one season as the starter unless he redshirts, and I don't see that happening.

In any other recruiting class, Fields would have been the number one player in the country, much less number one QB, and I have my doubts that a kid rated that highly would be willing to be a backup for 3 years, and his father has already said he wants Fields to get significantly more playing time.

This is Fromm's team, and Fromm is a pretty damn good QB who is gonna be tough for Fields to beat out of the job.

If Fromm were to change his mind and leave for the NFL after the 2019 season, I think Fields probably stays, but if Fromm stays through 2020, I think it's pretty well a given that Fields will transfer to somewhere he'll start at.

So my pick is no, he'll never be the starting QB at UGA. I hope he talks to DJ Shockley, who had to wait out David Greene for one season as starting QB and decides to see it through, but I have my doubts.

Think it will come down to if he can win the job next year in the Spring. If he doesn’t — I could see him leaving to go elsewhere.

Tough to have a QB that highly rated to be a backup that long, unless he just isn’t as good as advertised.

Any way you look at it Georgia will be in good hands at the QB spot.

My question to Georgia fans is — I haven’t watch Fields play much at all. How has he looked when he was on the field? As a recruit ranked that high — it’d seem he can make throws others can’t and can run. Is that the case?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know much about him, but I think I'd rather have Fromm.

I love Jalen and Blake Sims had a ton of heart and I love that guy as well. But when you have a stable of RB's, you really only want a passer than can scramble when needed. Accuracy with the arm is worth 3 times that of good legs.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it will come down to if he can win the job next year in the Spring. If he doesn’t — I could see him leaving to go elsewhere.

Tough to have a QB that highly rated to be a backup that long, unless he just isn’t as good as advertised.

Any way you look at it Georgia will be in good hands at the QB spot.

My question to Georgia fans is — I haven’t watch Fields play much at all. How has he looked when he was on the field? As a recruit ranked that high — it’d seem he can make throws others can’t and can run. Is that the case?

He was pretty good when on the field. Was obviously way behind Fromm on reading defenses, and had the tendency to want to run too quick. 5 yard runs are nice, but when you have a wide open receiver on a crossing route, I'd rather the throw be made. He didn't pass much, but he looked good when he did. Real good arm, and is accurate on the deep ball. Situational awareness needs to improve and he needs to learn to go through his progressions. Pretty much, if the first option was covered, he was running.

I think he'll be a really good QB when he's starting, but I highly doubt he beats out Fromm. Fromm is slicker than two eels fucking in a bucket of snot. He came in as a true freshman knowing the playbook better than Jacob Eason, and was reading the defense on an elite level, and that only got better this season.

I've already pretty well conceded in my mind that Fields is gonna transfer, and if he does, I wish him well, and really wouldn't blame him. We have another 4 star QB coming in this year and we're in on some big names for 2020.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard from reliable sources at Burger King, that he is transferring to Bama. Thanks in advance.

Already giving up on Tua's little brother and Bear Bryant's grandson?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know much about him, but I think I'd rather have Fromm.

I love Jalen and Blake Sims had a ton of heart and I love that guy as well. But when you have a stable of RB's, you really only want a passer than can scramble when needed. Accuracy with the arm is worth 3 times that of good legs.

I'd definitely rather have Fromm. Fields is undoubtedly a better athlete, but that doesn't make him a better QB, especially with our style of offense. Fromm is the best UGA QB I've ever seen at reading defenses, and it's underrated having a QB who can look at the defense and check from a bad running play to a good running play. And Fromm can hit the deep ball with the best of them too.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely rather have Fromm. Fields is undoubtedly a better athlete, but that doesn't make him a better QB, especially with our style of offense. Fromm is the best UGA QB I've ever seen at reading defenses, and it's underrated having a QB who can look at the defense and check from a bad running play to a good running play. And Fromm can hit the deep ball with the best of them too.
That's why I didn't understand the commitment honestly. The offense didn't seem to fit, and he had no path to playing time. Hence why I think he should've stuck with PSU.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this horse shit to the Georgia board. The rest of us don't give a fuck, unless you happen to win the sec.

:suds:

:D

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I didn't understand the commitment honestly. The offense didn't seem to fit, and he had no path to playing time. Hence why I think he should've stuck with PSU.

I understand the commitment. Local guy, and probably wanted to be a part of that epic recruiting class for UGA last year, and I don't think he realized how tough it was gonna be to beat Fromm out of the job at the time. But in hindsight, he would have been better off going to a team like Penn State that runs the read option.

pooods

Sittin Necked on a Beanbag Eatin Cheetoes
Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- no offense to OP but i hate this thread
- i hate this topic
- i hate the new transfer rules
- i hate how JH is handling hi recruitment in regards to JF
- i hate that i am out of wings

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, fuck your rainbow!!! I live in the real world, not OZ!!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- no offense to OP but i hate this thread
- i hate this topic
- i hate the new transfer rules
- i hate how JH is handling hi recruitment in regards to JF
- i hate that i am out of wings

No offense taken.

But with Haselwood, he'd be nice to have, but he won't make or break this class regardless. We have an underrated stable of receivers with another 5 star coming in.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the commitment. Local guy, and probably wanted to be a part of that epic recruiting class for UGA last year, and I don't think he realized how tough it was gonna be to beat Fromm out of the job at the time. But in hindsight, he would have been better off going to a team like Penn State that runs the read option.
Being part of a recruiting class is neat for a little bit, but it's far from a guarantee of personal success. If he was using his head and not his heart, though, I just don't get it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being part of a recruiting class is neat for a little bit, but it's far from a guarantee of personal success. If he was using his head and not his heart, though, I just don't get it.

I think in his mind he was gonna come in and beat Fromm for the job in year one.

pooods

Sittin Necked on a Beanbag Eatin Cheetoes
Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense taken.

But with Haselwood, he'd be nice to have, but he won't make or break this class regardless. We have an underrated stable of receivers with another 5 star coming in.

agree on JH.

JF should have received more reps in some of the blow outs.