• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why would anyone want RG3 as their QB?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked that anyone at that level of NFL brass could possibly be that dumb, but I think the reason is that they traded away like 3 yrs of top draft picks and no one else wants him in a trade, so they are stuck with little T.O, only without the production on the field....
Plus Snyder has a man crush on him, that don't help either....
Flacco, Brady and a host of other competitive starting qb's got less than that last yr, and this worthless pile of hype gets 16 mil, man you have to hire someone to train you to be that stupid, for real !! :L:pound:
Hard to give up on a QB that had the tools to at least very good. He's never been real sturdy, even in college, so the first order of business should of been to protect him and get him to protect himself. Instead, the Redskins turned him loose. Worked for a year, but no way was RG going to last playing like that. I don't know if he'll ever be able to come back and be good. I say what a shame, he could of been very good. He had a heck of a arm and the offense he ran in college was more then one read and run, with the right coaching, I still think he could of been up there with Luck and RW.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to give up on a QB that had the tools to at least very good. He's never been real sturdy, even in college, so the first order of business should of been to protect him and get him to protect himself. Instead, the Redskins turned him loose. Worked for a year, but no way was RG going to last playing like that. I don't know if he'll ever be able to come back and be good. I say what a shame, he could of been very good. He had a heck of a arm and the offense he ran in college was more then one read and run, with the right coaching, I still think he could of been up there with Luck and RW.

actually, he didn't make it thru the first yr before Ngata blew his knee up for him.....
Yes he has talent but so did Jamarcus Russell, and he was an even bigger flop...
RG-3 as I have always called him, has a very big problem, he is full of himself and that blinds him to his faults and weaknesses that he needs to improve on....
He always thinks it's someone else's fault if he fails.....
Go ahead and book it, Bust.....RG 3 and out !! :L

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, he didn't make it thru the first yr before Ngata blew his knee up for him.....
Yes he has talent but so did Jamarcus Russell, and he was an even bigger flop...
RG-3 as I have always called him, has a very big problem, he is full of himself and that blinds him to his faults and weaknesses that he needs to improve on....
He always thinks it's someone else's fault if he fails.....
Go ahead and book it, Bust.....RG 3 and out !! :L
Book it? A little late with that. Redskins ruined him. It's a way long shot that he can put his career back on track. One thing for sure, it won't be with the Redskins.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book it? A little late with that. Redskins ruined him. It's a way long shot that he can put his career back on track. One thing for sure, it won't be with the Redskins.

I don't know if you can blame the Skins, the hype was that he was NFL ready coming out of college....
The greatest thing since sliced bread....
He took off like a rocket but fizzled as is the normal pattern of the read option qb's...
There's a reason it is a college type formation and not an NFL fav.....
These LB's are faster, stronger, smarter, and get paid to lay the wood on you, and say;Read that !! :D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you can blame the Skins, the hype was that he was NFL ready coming out of college....
He took off like a rocket but fizzled as is the normal pattern of the read option qb's...
These LB's are faster, stronger, smarter, and get paid to lay the wood on you, and say;Read that !! :D
Here's the thing Old School. He had all the tools to be a drop back QB, instead the Redskins wasted him with running the read option QB. In college he ran some, but passed a bunch. His long ball throwing was something to behold. He needed to go a team that tried to make him a NFL QB and not get wasted running the read option, he was never sturdy enough for that.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing Old School. He had all the tools to be a drop back QB, instead the Redskins wasted him with running the read option QB. In college he ran some, but passed a bunch. His long ball throwing was something to behold. He needed to go a team that tried to make him a NFL QB and not get wasted running the read option, he was never sturdy enough for that.

And you don't think Mike Shanahan knew how to play the kid ?....C'mon man, that guy has more football knowledge in one of his hair follicles than you and I both have put together...
Quit making excuses for him, winners win, and losers lose....He's clearly a loser that does not know it yet....
He reminds me some of Vince Young, and I think will end the same....
Although I think VY was a little better at this level than him....
Signing off, catch your response tomorrow....:yo:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't think Mike Shanahan knew how to play the kid ?....C'mon man, that guy has more football knowledge in one of his hair follicles than you and I both have put together...
Quit making excuses for him, winners win, and losers lose....He's clearly a loser that does not know it yet....
He reminds me some of Vince Young, and I think will end the same....
Although I think VY was a little better at this level than him....
Signing off, catch your response tomorrow....:yo:
Obviously he didn't. How can that even be a question?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on this one, Harold. Actually, I called it when he went to Washington, I said it was "a shame they were going to ruin him in their system" I took a lot of heat for that but the results stand. What a shame. At least he'll be a millionaire.....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we have a "normal" for the read-option QBs yet since that style has only been in the league about as long as Russell Wilson, RG3, and Kaepernick have been doing it. So far it seems playing that way over an extended period of time seems like the exception rather than the rule, but I guess we'll see how Mariota moves that curve.

Two things that I think work against RG3 are that he is a bit lanky (not compact like RW), and it seems too many times when he tucks & runs he's looking to hit the 70 yard home run instead of picking up enough for the first down and getting out of bounds. The lankiness is detrimental to his durability, and his aversion to getting down or out safely exposes him to too many big hits. He can't change his body style, so he better start getting out of bounds.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously he didn't. How can that even be a question?

I think it's more obvious that RG could not read the D's fast enough at this level and decided to do what all black qb's do by instinct, run....Because they feel that their ability to do that well gives them a chance to make something out of nothing....
Problem is, at the NFL level, it don't work consistent enough because of the speed of the game....
I can't believe you question the ability of a proven winner like Mike Shanahan over a dud college qb....
Mike has 3 SB's to his credit, 2 as HC, and 1 as OC....He won numerous championships as OC before becoming HC, and probably a HOF'mer, the putrid Redskins is the only mar on his career, and let's not forget who owns and runs that team, Snyder=Brown, nuff said....:rolleyes2:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we have a "normal" for the read-option QBs yet since that style has only been in the league about as long as Russell Wilson, RG3, and Kaepernick have been doing it. So far it seems playing that way over an extended period of time seems like the exception rather than the rule, but I guess we'll see how Mariota moves that curve.

Two things that I think work against RG3 are that he is a bit lanky (not compact like RW), and it seems too many times when he tucks & runs he's looking to hit the 70 yard home run instead of picking up enough for the first down and getting out of bounds. The lankiness is detrimental to his durability, and his aversion to getting down or out safely exposes him to too many big hits. He can't change his body style, so he better start getting out of bounds.

RW is smarter, has a better arm, more accurate, and looking to throw first, not run.....
And he was what, a 5th round pick, without all the hype and media love blowing his head up with pride...
He is more of a Fran Tarkenton type of qb, the pioneer of what was called a scrambling qb, buying time to extend plays....He wasn't as fast as RW but was very effective....
Big Ben is another one that has mastered extending plays with scrambling, he's a little different in that he is not a fast runner but is very hard to put on the ground....
Same theory with all of them.
RG 3 and out is a different type all together, he is looking to throw on the 3 step drop or he is morphing into a RB and trying to get downfield on his own....
And here's the result;
RG3-Crutches.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more obvious that RG could not read the D's fast enough at this level and decided to do what all black qb's do by instinct, run....Because they feel that their ability to do that well gives them a chance to make something out of nothing....
Problem is, at the NFL level, it don't work consistent enough because of the speed of the game....
I can't believe you question the ability of a proven winner like Mike Shanahan over a dud college qb....
Mike has 3 SB's to his credit, 2 as HC, and 1 as OC....He won numerous championships as OC before becoming HC, and probably a HOF'mer, the putrid Redskins is the only mar on his career, and let's not forget who owns and runs that team, Snyder=Brown, nuff said....:rolleyes2:

Mike Shanahan hasn't been a winning coach for years. With the Redskins 2010-2013 is record is 24-40, before that with the Bronco's here is how he did: 2008 8-8 missed the playoffs, 2007 7-9 missed the playoffs 9-7 missed the playoffs. He did wonders with John Elway, but how much of that was Elway and how much was it Shanahan?

Also your remark about black QBs, all of them run? Does Jamison Winston want to run or throw the football. He wants to throws it, Mariota on the other hand....

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Shanahan hasn't been a winning coach for years. With the Redskins 2010-2013 is record is 24-40, before that with the Bronco's here is how he did: 2008 8-8 missed the playoffs, 2007 7-9 missed the playoffs 9-7 missed the playoffs. He did wonders with John Elway, but how much of that was Elway and how much was it Shanahan?

Also your remark about black QBs, all of them run? Does Jamison Winston want to run or throw the football. He wants to throws it, Mariota on the other hand....

THANK YOU Harold! I'm so glad this poor kid is basking in the limelight with adidas, gatorade and subway, because he is literally HATED for being a young arrogant QB? wow.

In case, other teams haven't realized the Redskins have been trash before RGIII got there.
And there are actually worse options.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THANK YOU Harold! I'm so glad this poor kid is basking in the limelight with adidas, gatorade and subway, because he is literally HATED for being a young arrogant QB? wow.

In case, other teams haven't realized the Redskins have been trash before RGIII got there.
And there are actually worse options.
I got no axe to grind with the Redskins, I just feel that RG3 could of become a good NFL QB. Having this skinny guy run a read option system was a bad short sighted decision. I was a big fan of his when he was a college QB and hate to see him get broken to pieces running a read option.
RG3 is a Redskin, Shanahan is not. Yet here you are bashing him. Complicated being a Redskin Fan I guess.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got 3 SB rings, what's your credentials ?????? :rolleyes2: And I don't watch college football because what happens there means nothing til they can do it at the NFL level, ask Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, Ryan Leaf etc etc etc......:nod:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got 3 SB rings, what's your credentials ?????? :rolleyes2: And I don't watch college football because what happens there means nothing til they can do it at the NFL level, ask Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, Ryan Leaf etc etc etc......:nod:
Yeah, I sort of picked up on the fact that you don't watch college ball. You also don't seem to get that a QB needs the right conditions to suceed in the NFL. Starting with the coaching staff. Spare me talking about his rings that Elway got him, this is a "what have you done lately league" and Shanahan was awful the last 8 years of his career.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, one more minor thing...Shanahan only has 2 SB rings.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it was a combo of both: Griffin said before he was drafted to Gruden: "I ran in the Big12, and they have big fast guys, I'll run in the NFL too." Oh my, when I saw that interview, I knew he was going to get killed.

But the offensive play calling by the Redskins was horrific. Sorry to any Redskins fans, or those who will point out his first year successes (which were fools gold).

I swear, that coaching staff was like everybody else who DIDNT watch him in college, they thought he was a zone read, run-first quarterback. Just not the case.

Even after he was hurt, the plays called were zone reads- I'm sorry, but that was asinine. I would blame RG3, but this is the NFL, the plays came from the coaching staff. Dont get me wrong, the dude loves to run, but that was just hubris.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, one more minor thing...Shanahan only has 2 SB rings.

You not only are a legend in your own little imaginary world, you can't count either.....1992 as OC with the 9rs, SB XXIX and 2 as HC of the Broncos...
If you actually read the posts you would know I already clarified that in an earlier post, but I guess 8 posts back in this thread is too old for you to consider relevant......
Isn't it strange that Reeves had Elway in the SB 3 times and he couldn't win, yet Shanny took them back to back wins....Go Figure !!! ,I guess Elway just didn't want to win them at the time....:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2: