• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why would anyone want RG3 as their QB?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a bum...and that's when he's not actually injured.

He just doesn't have it.

What team needs a QB? Which one of those teams would choose him over the draft or another free agent?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a bum...and that's when he's not actually injured.

He just doesn't have it.

What team needs a QB? Which one of those teams would choose him over the draft or another free agent?

Wash fucked the pooch with giving up so much for him just like Ditka did in NO to get Ricky Williams

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to eat some crow here...I think his 1st season success went to his head...I really thought RG3 had what it takes to be a starting NFL QB.

Maybe he still does, but clearly it's not working in WAS and time to move on.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that you can stick a fork in him, but I highly doubt he works in D.C., and he'll never be a top 5 QB.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes anywhere else that doesn't have their QB position sured up it is just going to be the same or worse situation for him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to eat some crow here...I think his 1st season success went to his head...I really thought RG3 had what it takes to be a starting NFL QB.

Lots of people will share the crow with you. He was outstanding that first year, but between the injuries and some sketchy play I think the kid's confidence is shot right now. Even when he's not hurt he's not been very accurate. Fixable? Probably, but it may take time and nowadays people aren't very patient so he'll need to fix it quick.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries (all self inflicted) screwed RGIII over imo. I think he would have learned to stay in the pocket more and become a decent QB but now that he is constantly injured his time is numbered imo.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries (all self inflicted) screwed RGIII over imo. I think he would have learned to stay in the pocket more and become a decent QB but now that he is constantly injured his time is numbered imo.
Common among running QBs. Never been a fan of it and probably why I don't watch college fb much.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, that at one point, folks were undecided between him and Luck.

Laughable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people will share the crow with you. He was outstanding that first year, but between the injuries and some sketchy play I think the kid's confidence is shot right now. Even when he's not hurt he's not been very accurate. Fixable? Probably, but it may take time and nowadays people aren't very patient so he'll need to fix it quick.

He's more mentally fragile than I thought...that might be the hardest part to fix. I really think that he thought he was a proven commodity after year one, and he wasn't.

I wouldn't give up much for him, but if were TB I would still give him a shot. imo he needs to take a step back and learn to play from the pocket and use his athletic ability to enhance the position, extend the play, etc...not be a regular playmaker.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been known as RG-Me since college.

Y

Yapp14

I think he has hit the wall that ALL NFL QB's encounter. It comes to a point where your physical skills are not enough and you have to become a student of the game. I firmly believe the difference between successful NFL QB's is not their athleticism but their willingness to commit to preparation, film study, analysis, and adaption.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated luck at Stanford but was never undecided on who was the better QB. As for the original question I'm a raiders fan and I don't want him

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might fit in in Philly. Brain Kelley offense

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure nobody wants him. Just another Tebow without the god squad.:angel::mad2:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is a magnet for criticism but most of it is just silly.

His statements might not have been political correct, especially from a guy under fire for being a me-first player, but he also didn't exactly say anything that was untrue either. He needs to improve his foot work and release time but improving his foot work and release time won't change the offensive line in front of him.

It seems clear he's a decisive player in the locker room but a lot of that isn't his fault. Jay Gruden's comments on Monday only exacerbated things.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is a magnet for criticism but most of it is just silly.

His statements might not have been political correct, especially from a guy under fire for being a me-first player, but he also didn't exactly say anything that was untrue either. He needs to improve his foot work and release time but improving his foot work and release time won't change the offensive line in front of him.

It seems clear he's a decisive player in the locker room but a lot of that isn't his fault. Jay Gruden's comments on Monday only exacerbated things.

Ya know...I read about the RG3/Gruden comments but I just heard the quotes.

RG3...imo he threw the entire team under the bus, including himself...nothing really that bad because it was the truth.

Gruden...I get his point about you handle RG3 and let me handle the other positions...also true, but he's the one who did more throwing under the bus imo...I don't see those 2 coexisting much longer. I think RG3 needs to understand that just becuase he has a few commercials, etc...he hasn't "arrived" as a player yet...needs to humble himself a bit and realize he's still very much a work in progress.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common among running QBs. Never been a fan of it and probably why I don't watch college fb much.

Yep very true. I like college football but you are right, not for the running QBs

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know...I read about the RG3/Gruden comments but I just heard the quotes.

RG3...imo he threw the entire team under the bus, including himself...nothing really that bad because it was the truth.

Gruden...I get his point about you handle RG3 and let me handle the other positions...also true, but he's the one who did more throwing under the bus imo...I don't see those 2 coexisting much longer. I think RG3 needs to understand that just becuase he has a few commercials, etc...he hasn't "arrived" as a player yet...needs to humble himself a bit and realize he's still very much a work in progress.

As a Redskins fan I have absolutely no problems with Gruden's comments & feel it is about time. Much better than a weasel like Mike Shanahan who did this stuff behind people's backs.

Gruden basically put RG3 on notice that if a player wants to make comments about other players then expect to receive criticism in return & more importantly players should not be evaluating other players in this manner - just focus on your own job.

Hopefully eventually RG3 simply takes the route of keeping his mouth shut, staying off Twitter & keeping mandatory interviews to a bare minimum.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Redskins fan I have absolutely no problems with Gruden's comments & feel it is about time. Much better than a weasel like Mike Shanahan who did this stuff behind people's backs.

Gruden basically put RG3 on notice that if a player wants to make comments about other players then expect to receive criticism in return & more importantly players should not be evaluating other players in this manner - just focus on your own job.

Hopefully eventually RG3 simply takes the route of keeping his mouth shut, staying off Twitter & keeping mandatory interviews to a bare minimum.

I loved Grudens comments. Obviously the jury is still out in him, but he earned a lot of points with me in telling the kid to stfu.