• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better late than never...?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year we were late getting to it, but it's finally here. Seasons over and now we look to the draft and FA. Most of my life we've been at this point for 3 months already.

I have a couple knee jerk reactions, but I guess I should probably wait to say anything. But it seems more than ever we have some very obvious areas of need.

Holes (in no order yet)
-- Interior OL. Glasgow was supposed to be a backup, but I think he started like 14+ games. He played well, but that left us with no depth.
-- Pass rushing DT. Need a complete DT but not a NT type.
-- DE. Would have been nice to see enough of Houston. But Hutch has developed into a hell of an all around player. He's actually played mostly stack end thi season but still lead the team in sacks and pressures.
--WR. Reynolds on his best day was barely adequate as a #3. His best days are gone. Marvin was brought in to ease the pressure. He didn't. DPJ was brought in for something, he didn't. Raymond was/is nothing. Jamo still hasn't developed. We need really any sort of production here.
--CB #1, #2, #4, maybe #5 too. I think Branch has a lock on that nickle spot. I still think Sutton would be solid if he wasn't trying to cover superstar #1's without help because we're blitzing and while the QB has time because we're not getting enough pressure. But the way he's played lately we could sign Okudah off the couch. Need something here. Anything. Problem is rookies usually take a while to develop too, so we need to draft some and still sign another round of band aids like we did this season.
-- Kicker. Obviously Campbell didn't trust anyone he had this season. I want go give him the benefit of the doubt and say that's a bigger part of his decision making than he ever let's on. But he's not gonna throw his guys under the bus either. Making a Kicker switch innthe middle of the season to a guy he had already cut earlier kind of points that way to me.

Those are all of the glaring actual holes I see. Always need depth. Always need Special teams guys. I don't know whose contracts are expiring, almost all of our important pieces are still young. Is Sewell coming off his rookie deal this year? Is he happy being a high end RT, or will he want to be a LT? Is he willing to be paid like a RT or will he want LT money? Do they let Goff play out his deal or sign him now? Probably gets a raise, and a raise at QB can be the difference between 2-3 other roster spots.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sortve in order.

-CB

A starter in FA. Two wouldn’t upset me. Good with using a lot of draft capital also.

-G with some sort of experience at C.

Glasgow was a great add. And special circumstances led to getting him as a backup. But there are other vets who wouldn’t mind being part of an excellent group. Also would not mind high end draft capital here. Even if it’s a Gaurd who could also play tackle.

All for adding to this unit for the longterm good of the team. That includes Brad’s love of taking guys that are hurt.

-DE/DT

I’d take another McNeil in the third if we could tbh. But we need a body that can get after the QB. Whoever is DC next year, Glenn or not, needs to be able to blitz less. Depending on money spent at corner, this is another spot worth spending for me.

#2 receiver.

I say that with ARSB being the guy worth investing in as #1 long term. However that needs to get done, do it.

There are some talents that’ll be FAs. But can’t see them being realistic targets. Maybe a guy like a Curtis Samuel sees a spot worth taking for a year? Idk.

JaMo makes everything an adventure. lol. And it doesn’t make sense. Fully on board with him getting tons of snaps. But a lot of them can be more of just a really athletic guy that has to be dealt with. We need a guy between him and ARSB, that isn’t a TE.

Kicker.

I was all about going big for Moody last year. No idea who the best kicker is this year. But I’m interested in him.

There around 9-12 roster spots that I feel can be upgraded realistically.

Six weeks ago I would’ve said I assumed Holmes would dangle Goff as trade bait. I doubt that now. Hope it’s a soft extension. But he’s earned an extension so it will be what it will be.

Wish Ben Johnson luck. Looking forward to the next guy realizing Monty can be ridden.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind resigning both Glasgow and Jonah Jackson, but the Lions still need to spend a day to pick on a guard imo. Oline is their strength, but they should keep feeding it.

The majority of the focus this off season should be the defense. My dream scenario is Lions sign Bryce Huff and Sneed. That let's them enter the draft with no major needs, but 1st or 2nd round should be on another CB.

NFC North us going to be a beast next year, but I have hopes Lions can stay on top of the division.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year we were late getting to it, but it's finally here. Seasons over and now we look to the draft and FA. Most of my life we've been at this point for 3 months already.

I could’ve easily waited a couple more weeks….. ;-)

I also would have been very happy with the Lions earning the 32nd pick.