• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why we shouldn't trade Didi

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Hill will be coming off the books this year, and if he decides to leave... put Owings at 2B and Didi at short. So far Owings had looked very solid at the plate, but I'm not sold on him being our long-term SS with his average defense.

What will we even be able to get in return for Didi? Some low ranked minor league OF or starting pitcher that probably doesn't even pan out? Yeah, I'd rather take the defensive whiz that may not be great with the bat, but helps make us an elite defensive team as we were last year in large part to him and Cliff Pennington.

Knowing KT, he will trade him a year after calling him the second coming of Derek Jeter... and he will probably trade him for 50 cents of the dollar too typical in KT fashion.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you drunk? Aaron Hill is signed through 2016. He signed a 3 year extension before last season.

Basically, the starting lineup minus Parra(15) is under team control till at least 2016.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you drunk? Aaron Hill is signed through 2016. He signed a 3 year extension before last season.

Basically, the starting lineup minus Parra(15) is under team control till at least 2016.

Did he really? How the hell did I miss that. I saw someone on twitter say he was going to be a FA after this year and it didn't sound right, but I went with it. Oh well.

After hearing that I don't care as much if we trade him, but I still like Owings at 2B long-term. And I'm afraid KT will not get a good enough return to make a trade worth it.