• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some guys on the offense we shouldn't forget

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Burton - FB/HB Burton had a nice season for Payton and the Saints in 2020. He caught every pass target - made 6 first down runs -played stellar special teams - blocked for RBs - and pass protected for Drew Brees. It will be fun to have a real FB back in the offense.

Albert Okweugbanon - TE The Broncos added TE's Manhurtz and Troutman and they have Dulcich. The Bronco could have dispatched Albert O for a late draft pick if they wanted to get rid of him. In the past Payton has kept 8 Olinemen and 4 TEs on his 53 - so there is a spot for Albert. Last year he was the mysterious missing man in the Hacken sack offense until Rossberg took over and then Albert O got some targets and made some plays. As I recall Vic Fangio praised Albert's willingness to block - and Vic was not one to hand out praise easily. Albert may be the most well rounded TE on the roster.

Courtland Sutton - Under the Hacken sack offense - Sutton always lined up in the same spot - and the complexity of the offense installed Sutton had 5 choices on each play - based on the defense about which route to run. The secret failing of the offense was Sutton and Jeudy would decide to run one way and Wilson was looking for them somewhere else. There were literally 10 ways for the WR and the QB to make a mistake in Judgement on every play. Did Sutton come back from his injury last year? According to PFF he was faster last year than in his rookie season. The real crying shame was he didn't get targets in the Red Zone under Hacken sack. Payton won't make that mistake - Payton will line guys up all over the field. Payton will be a Sutton tonic.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dulcich is going to have a big year lining him up all over the field... Using him several different ways and as a split out TE, IMO... Causing mismatches. Taking advantage of his size.... Dulcich is really good at creating space, combine that with his size and reliable hands... For this to happen it means our WR's have to create a lot of attention which I think they can with a better OL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also add Tyler Badie. A RB I think has a real chance to make it in the NFL... A guy everyone seems to forget when discussing the Broncos RB depth chart this year. We have Williams and Perine as our obvious 1/2 but we didn't draft a RB in a deep RB draft and while Damarea Crockett is a personal favorite of mine from his college days at Missouri, Badie has the skillset we need as our #3 RB... His downfall is he isn't really a special teams player but he is quick and can catch the ball out of the backfield. He is different then our first two RB's and that gives him a chance.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so Want see Tim Patrick break out .. Wilson my guess will find his groove with him my guess

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Patrick already broke out but I understand what you mean.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dulcich is going to have a big year lining him up all over the field... Using him several different ways and as a split out TE, IMO... Causing mismatches. Taking advantage of his size.... Dulcich is really good at creating space, combine that with his size and reliable hands... For this to happen it means our WR's have to create a lot of attention which I think they can with a better OL.

Dulcich is the reason that I have a hard time finding a big role for Albert O this upcoming season. Payton gave I think one of the biggest ringing endorsements of the offseason to Dulcich calling him the Joker player on offense. He has usually reserved this title for RB's that have great receiving ability when with the Saints. Broncos don't have that type of player so the title has passed to Dulcich. I highly doubt the Broncos will have a ton of sets with 2 receiving TE's on the field as that would mean taking one of Jeudy, Sutton, or Patrick off the field to make room. If they do 2-TE sets then better chance they bring in one with better blocking ability.