• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges. Dak was drafted to be the heir apparent to Romo.

Two weeks before the season begins, the Vikings lost their QB and were going to either be forced roll with 37 yo Shaun Hill and a backup they still had to find (their 3rd was injured before camp even began), or go out and find a serviceable replacement to the starter. Additionally, they still were uncertain as to the extent of the injury to TB, or what the rehab process was going to look like until the surgery was completed.

When the deal broke - there was no shortage of people lambasting the Vikings for "overpaying" and making a rash move - which of course lead to this thread being created. It still took nearly a week to survey the field and land a QB.

Again, IMO, there is a difference between overpaying and making a bad deal.

As far as managing the game and not making mistakes.. They are doing the same thing and pretty darn close to the exact same stats.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you're an idiot. I guarantee I have had more pussy this year than you have had your whole life.

:pound:
Swamp donkey chicks don't count

tumblr_m5ac1vDMfg1rnbgkp.gif

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really having a 'I can get more pussy than you' internet fight?

Heh.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my inside source is this new place called "everyone".

whatever, you're a broken record, you think they overpaid, everyone agrees with you so it must be true :rolleyes2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I hate it when I'm late to the party!
How are the St. Louis Rams lookin' this year?:harbaugh:
Not too bad! Currently the No. 3 Seed in the NFC
2016 NFL Playoff Standings - Nation Football League

Bradford has never sniffed the playoffs.
In 2010, Sams rookie season, the Rams missed the playoffs based on the second tiebreaker by .167. 2 losses come to mind the OT vs San Fran where an untimely 22 yard PI on 3rd and long was enforced to set up the game winning FG and the 1 point loss to Tampa with the Bucs scoring the game winning TD with 10 seconds left. Either of those games go the Rams way and they didn't need the tiebreaker.

I'd say that's sniffing the Playoffs. :lol:

Coulda had Bradford.

Instead the Rams will completely waste their defense while the Vikings compete.
IMO the Rams really had no choice but to move Sam with his Ankle injury, 2 ACL tears, and that huge Salary. Moving Sam was the right move.

Hill is also undefeated
Hill also has a 77.3 passer rating and Sam has a 105.5 passer rating and 2 more wins.

You don't pay a 1st rounder for an expensive QB to play one, maybe 1.5 years and call that a success UNLESS you win it all.

Take the team out of it...would you say the Pack overpaid if they gave up a 1st rounder for a division or conference title but no SB? Of course you would. It isn't like this is spending a 1st for the future of the team. YOu bought a stopgap, a bandaid, for a 1st rounder SOLELY because the FO thinks they can win it all. If they don't, then it was a failure.
Disagree, I'll take it just under your expectation, UNLESS you have a good chance to win it all. So they need to get a top seed and winning the division would do it.

I think the thread title is wrong, you can't make that type of statement now, there are too many stipulations. A better thread title would be, 'Will the Vikings overpay for Sam?'

I'm not sold on his availability, if that stands up not needing Shawn to come in for more than a couple more and if they win the Division, than I look at the circumstances of the trade itself to find the answer.

In 2010 I was at the Piazza del Duomo in Florence, and I paid 50 Euros ($70) for a medium sized Margarita Pizza and a pint sized Beer. Did I overpay? Well if I was at Round Table in East LA I did, but that wasn't my circumstances, so considering were I was sitting on the beautiful Sunny day, not a chance!

Same goes with this trade, had it been May then absolutely however under the circumstances the Vikings had to deal with only time will tell. They need to be in position to make a serious run in the playoffs.

That means a high playoff seed with a healthy Sam.

Last edited:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my inside source is this new place called "everyone".

Clearly, you know what QB's where available and what teams wanted

So which Qb was available for less?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever, you're a broken record, you think they overpaid, everyone agrees with you so it must be true :rolleyes2:

yes, that does make it true. Just about EVERYONE agrees they overpaid. There are a few vikings homers that don't agree, but even your own fans agree that it was a panic move and an overpay.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, you know what QB's where available and what teams wanted

So which Qb was available for less?

Butt fumble, for one. Hill was already on your roster, for two.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its starting to look like they didnt. They will still have an issue when Teddy comes back. What do they do. 1 has to go.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha

is it really that difficult to admit that getting Bradford was a pricey, desperate move??

Christ sake already

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, that does make it true. Just about EVERYONE agrees they overpaid. There are a few vikings homers that don't agree, but even your own fans agree that it was a panic move and an overpay.

And most Viking fans are fine with the "overpayment" as over paying was better than presented alternatives (Sanchez/Hill)

And with that, I'm done (may have said that last post, I mean it this time)

I don't have the GM connections the rest of you to know what other deals were out there and what teams would've traded their back up QB 8 days prior to season starting for cheap.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha

is it really that difficult to admit that getting Bradford was a pricey, desperate move??

Christ sake already

I wouldn't think so, but some of the homers just can't admit it.