• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Do You "Hate" The Patriots?

WHy Do You Hate The Patriots?

• Jealousy

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Win Too Much

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pure Hate

• Potato Salad

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Brady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BB

• Other..... Explain

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I Don't Hate Them

Votes: 40 50.0%

• Total voters

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you had a bad experience with our fans. Can't say that is a completely isolated situation. Last Bronco game I went to in Denver saw Chiefs fans get beer dumped on their head a few rows in front of us. A few rows in front of that a similar incident happened and a fight broke out and unfortunately even though they didn't start it the Chiefs fans were kicked out while the Bronco fans got to remain.

Now I've been to plenty of other stadiums where this same type of thing happens. I wore a St. Louis Cardinals jersey to a Chiefs game thinking the red would be enough. Had 2 guys threaten to jump me while I was going to the bathroom. Thankfully a couple of other people in the area kind of got in the way but then those 2 guys followed me throughout the stadium cussing me out. I've been punched before by opposing fans all because I stood up and cheered when my team scored a touchdown. Hate it when fans ruin things for others. this is supposed to be about entertainment. Honestly at this point I"m not sure I will ever take my daughter to a game unless she absolutely just wants to go.

Thanks, and to be clear I dont carry that Hate to other Fans, just the team (in terms of hoping they lose). But what really made me mad was I was a Bucs fan watching a Chargers-Broncos Divisional Game. How could ANYONE focus on me, that is what got me on tilt.

Funny Story (and I dont think you will appreciate this) I had the Exact Opposite experience in Oakland. IN 1999 the Raiders beat the Bucs 45-0, but most that fans gave me a lot of respect, especially for staying through the entire game. But there were some "Weekend" Raider Fans messing with me, but the real Raider fans told they had my back if they did anything.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate them because they bogart all the good white receivers.

And I've always been suspicious of how the whitest team in the NFL can also be the most successful team.
They stole the Celtics blueprint.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, and to be clear I dont carry that Hate to other Fans, just the team (in terms of hoping they lose). But what really made me mad was I was a Bucs fan watching a Chargers-Broncos Divisional Game. How could ANYONE focus on me, that is what got me on tilt.

Funny Story (and I dont think you will appreciate this) I had the Exact Opposite experience in Oakland. IN 1999 the Raiders beat the Bucs 45-0, but most that fans gave me a lot of respect, especially for staying through the entire game. But there were some "Weekend" Raider Fans messing with me, but the real Raider fans told they had my back if they did anything.

Like I said every fan base has some very bad apples that like to ruin it for everybody else. My best friend is a Chief's fan and quite a few people who live in the town I do have season tickets and are some of the nicest people I know. So I try not to let those few bad ones ruin it for the rest of them. Honestly though I've had a lot worse experiences at college games than the Pros. Drunk college kids with no filter what so ever I have yet to have a good experience at a college game.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate them because they bogart all the good white receivers.

Eric Decker? Ed McCaffery? Wes Welker? As a Bronco fan, you seem to have forgotten that your team had some good ones as well.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol what a douche thread. Love ya redseat. But this is just an attention seeking thread wreaking of douchyness.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 SBs in 15 years is not a dynasty? You're right It's a Boston massacre.
What's your definition of a dynasty? 3 SBs in 4 yrs? The Pats owned the 2000s.

Well for one thing winning 1 Super Bowl in the last 11 years in my opinion is no type of dynasty at all. Hell the Packers have one in the last 10 years.

I am not sure where you get 5 Super Bowls as all ic an find is 4 wins. But if a team has 1 Super Bowl win in the last 11 years and then a few more past the 11 year mark I still dont see that as a current dynasty. All i see on TV is the greatness the best ever a dynasty currently. 1 Superbowl in the last 11 years does not describe what is being talked about as far as all the greatness I am suppose to be seeing. Oh and you cant go back and add a few Super Bowl wins from over 11 years ago to make a current dynasty. Dynasties dont have 11 years between Super Bowl wins. So you better hope the Pats can pull it off on Sunday.

I would say that in the past the Pats had a short term Dynasty when they won a few over a 5 year time frame. But that has nothing to do with today. And that sort of dynasty is no different than the Pack winning 5 championships in the 60s, or the Steelers, or the 49ers, or Cowboys.

The Pats owned the 2000s'? What 3 out of 10 Super Bowls is owning a decade? They need to win at least half of them like the Pack did winning 5 in the 60s

The topic of this thread was why do you dislike the Pats. The biggest reason for me is this idea of the Pats owned the 2000's like way back in the early 2000's and if we win in Sunday we will still be owning the 2000s.

Ha Ha it does not work that way.

Last edited:

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said every fan base has some very bad apples that like to ruin it for everybody else. My best friend is a Chief's fan and quite a few people who live in the town I do have season tickets and are some of the nicest people I know. So I try not to let those few bad ones ruin it for the rest of them. Honestly though I've had a lot worse experiences at college games than the Pros. Drunk college kids with no filter what so ever I have yet to have a good experience at a college game.

Really, that is surprising, because other than Arizona(and I have been to quite a few other Stadiums), I have never even come close to having a bad time. Great Example, was in South Bend in 2007, and was walking past a dorm room with my brother and some guys tried to launch a water balloon, even when they did it we knew it was in good fun, after we ended up talking to them for like 20 minutes. So it is weird to me you never had a good time at a CFB game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for one thing winning 1 Super Bowl in the last 11 years in my opinion is no type of dynasty at all. Hell the Packers have one in the last 10 years.

I am not sure where you get 5 Super Bowls as all ic an find is 4 wins. But if a team has 1 Super Bowl win in the last 11 years and then a few more past the 11 year mark I still dont see that as a current dynasty. All i see on TV is the greatness the best ever a dynasty currently. 1 Superbowl in the last 11 years does not describe what is being talked about as far as all the greatness I am suppose to be seeing. Oh and you cant go back and add a few Super Bowl wins from over 11 years ago to make a current dynasty. Dynasties dont have 11 years between Super Bowl wins. So you better hope the Pats can pull it off on Sunday.

I would say that in the past the Pats had a short term Dynasty when they won a few overa 5 year time frame. But that has nothing to do with today. And that sort of dynasty is no different than the Pack winning 5 championships in the 60s, or the Steelers, or the 49ers, or Cowboys.

The Pats owned the 2000s'? What 3 out of 10 Super Bowls is owning a decade? They to win at least half of them like the Pack did winning 5 on the 60s

The topic of this thread was why do you dislike the Pats. The biggest reason for me is this idea of the Pats owned the 2000's like way back in the early 2000's and if we win in Sunday we will still be owning the 2000s.

Ha Ha it does not work that way.
Well you still didn't define your definition of a dynasty.

I agree 1 SB in 11 years is not a dynasty.

"IF" NE wins this weekend then it's 5 in 15 years. Is that a dynasty? That to me would symbolize the current dynasty. IMHO you also need to add BB & TB12 to the term considering they have been there for it all. This will be the 7th SB appearance for them in 16 year. TB injured for one and they didn't make the p/o's even with 11 wins. Kind of smells like a dynasty. If not for two crazy losses and one crazy win they possibly have 7 titles. That's insane.That's part of the tv chatter you're hearing. It's a compilation of the whole.

It was 3 in 4 years they won. Short term is about all you got correct. Still ALL in that decade. Actually that 1/2 decade.

As for the 60s? It was pre merger pre salary cap no where near the same thing. I wasn't watching football in the 60s. But I'm sure your Pack was a dynasty. As long as your definition includes 5 SBs is a dynasty but 4 isn't even close?

I don't think anyone is disagreeing the Boys, Steelers and 9ers were dynasty for their short term success.

Sorry just having a difficult time following your logic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, that is surprising, because other than Arizona(and I have been to quite a few other Stadiums), I have never even come close to having a bad time. Great Example, was in South Bend in 2007, and was walking past a dorm room with my brother and some guys tried to launch a water balloon, even when they did it we knew it was in good fun, after we ended up talking to them for like 20 minutes. So it is weird to me you never had a good time at a CFB game.

Well I went to K-State for a while but wasn't a fan of K-State. I would sit in the student section so surrounded by like I said drunk college students. When I was going there they had just gotten through the first Snyder years and were starting with a new coach that took the team into some very bad years. So lots of losses meant all the more drinking before games. Had some of them get mad that I wouldn't stand up and cheer when K-State scored so got cussed out for being a terrible fan. then at one game actually got punched because I cheered when the opposing team scored. Before security could get there the person ran out of the stadium.

When I was younger went to a game in Lawrence with a group of friends. We had bought a football when we got the the stadium and the game ended up being a blow out. So at half time my friends and I went and decided to throw the football around in spot near the stadium. Some college kids came up and started talking to us being really friendly. One of them asked if I would throw him a deep pass. Well I did and lets just say after the guy caught it he never stopped running. For a middle school kid that was a pretty heart breaking experience. That wouldn't be my only bad experience with KU people as went for a big golf training while I was in high school where students were supposed to be taught by the college team. Many of the top golfers in the state showed up and well the entire week the college kids went and got drunk every night and passed out in the golf carts the entire time they were supposed to be training us.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you still didn't define your definition of a dynasty.

I agree 1 SB in 11 years is not a dynasty.

"IF" NE wins this weekend then it's 5 in 15 years. Is that a dynasty? That to me would symbolize the current dynasty. IMHO you also need to add BB & TB12 to the term considering they have been there for it all. This will be the 7th SB appearance for them in 16 year. TB injured for one and they didn't make the p/o's even with 11 wins. Kind of smells like a dynasty. If not for two crazy losses and one crazy win they possibly have 7 titles. That's insane.That's part of the tv chatter you're hearing. It's a compilation of the whole.

It was 3 in 4 years they won. Short term is about all you got correct. Still ALL in that decade. Actually that 1/2 decade.

As for the 60s? It was pre merger pre salary cap no where near the same thing. I wasn't watching football in the 60s. But I'm sure your Pack was a dynasty. As long as your definition includes 5 SBs is a dynasty but 4 isn't even close?

I don't think anyone is disagreeing the Boys, Steelers and 9ers were dynasty for their short term success.

Sorry just having a difficult time following your logic.

Sorry no Dynasty has 10 years without a championship in my opinion.

If we are talking all 15 years you need a hell of a lot more than the 4 current wins or 5 if you win on Sunday. That is only winning 1/3 of the opportunities available to you. That is no fucking dynasty.

Any Dynasty in my book needs to have at leasst 66% to 70% of all championships available in whatever time frame you want to use.

15 years needs 10 championships to be a dynasty. When you won 3 of 4 back in the early 2000s that is a short term dynasty. But there is no current Pats Dynasty. It could be the start of a new short term one if they win on Sunday getting 2 out of the last 3. So will just have to see how Sunday turns out. But the run in the early 2000s has nothing to do with today they cant be connected as any type of continued dynasty.

Make a thread with a poll on what people consider a Dynasty and my guess is the only people thinking 5 out of 15 years as a dynasty would be the Pats fans.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the Patriots, but I do wish them ill-will because generally speaking, New England fans are a bunch of dick sniffers.

This times a thousand.

I believe they're also ass lickers. And not in a good counter-clockwise fashion.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I went to K-State for a while but wasn't a fan of K-State. I would sit in the student section so surrounded by like I said drunk college students. When I was going there they had just gotten through the first Snyder years and were starting with a new coach that took the team into some very bad years. So lots of losses meant all the more drinking before games. Had some of them get mad that I wouldn't stand up and cheer when K-State scored so got cussed out for being a terrible fan. then at one game actually got punched because I cheered when the opposing team scored. Before security could get there the person ran out of the stadium.

When I was younger went to a game in Lawrence with a group of friends. We had bought a football when we got the the stadium and the game ended up being a blow out. So at half time my friends and I went and decided to throw the football around in spot near the stadium. Some college kids came up and started talking to us being really friendly. One of them asked if I would throw him a deep pass. Well I did and lets just say after the guy caught it he never stopped running. For a middle school kid that was a pretty heart breaking experience. That wouldn't be my only bad experience with KU people as went for a big golf training while I was in high school where students were supposed to be taught by the college team. Many of the top golfers in the state showed up and well the entire week the college kids went and got drunk every night and passed out in the golf carts the entire time they were supposed to be training us.

That is Messed up. I think that too would have angered me towards that schools teams also. That second example though is personal. They were supposed to do something and didnt. All Kidding aside that would have provoked real anger from me. So I can now see why you have had bad experiences. Though never give up, who knows the next CFB game you attend might not only be the best you have ever attended but anyone attended...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is Messed up. I think that too would have angered me towards that schools teams also. That second example though is personal. They were supposed to do something and didnt. All Kidding aside that would have provoked real anger from me. So I can now see why you have had bad experiences. Though never give up, who knows the next CFB game you attend might not only be the best you have ever attended but anyone attended...

It very well could be. I hope you don't give up on us Bronco fans. I can promise you there are some really good ones out there. I hate to hear that some of them ruined so much of a game for you. This is again why it is so hard for me to want to take my daughter to a game even in Denver. A couple of idiots can ruin maybe not just the Broncos for her but the entire sport. I do actually have that with the Seahawks. It wasn't at a game but living in the city of Seattle some friends made it where I cheer against the Seahawks against almost any team but maybe the Raiders and Chiefs. I remember I was at work unfortunately when the Broncos played in the 2012 playoffs against the Ravens and lost on a hail mary pass. A few of my co-workers happened to be on break during that time and rushed down to make sure they were the ones to tell me the Broncos lost. They spent the rest of my time getting in my face asking "how does it feel to see your team go down in flames?" I might have been the only person in Seattle smiling the next day when the Seahawks lost in dramatic fashion to the Falcons.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry no Dynasty has 10 years without a championship in my opinion.

If we are talking all 15 years you need a hell of a lot more than the 4 current wins or 5 if you win on Sunday. That is only winning 1/3 of the opportunities available to you. That is no fucking dynasty.

Any Dynasty in my book needs to have at leasst 66% to 70% of all championships available in whatever time frame you want to use.

15 years needs 10 championships to be a dynasty. When you won 3 of 4 back in the early 2000s that is a short term dynasty. But there is no current Pats Dynasty. It could be the start of a new short term one if they win on Sunday getting 2 out of the last 3. So will just have to see how Sunday turns out. But the run in the early 2000s has nothing to do with today they cant be connected as any type of continued dynasty.

Make a thread with a poll on what people consider a Dynasty and my guess is the only people thinking 5 out of 15 years as a dynasty would be the Pats fans.
Ok fair enough thanks for your definition. My definition especially considering the salary cap and FA is any team that dominates a decade is a dynasty. Yes I consider the Pats a dynasty for what they accomplished in the 00 decade. The only other team close was Pitt with 2. The Pats had 4 appearances. By far the best we've seen and may never see again?
I like your idea of a poll question but I'll let you or someone else start it. Don't need all the Pat haters jumping in with none sense just because a NE fan started a thread about dynasties.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It very well could be. I hope you don't give up on us Bronco fans. I can promise you there are some really good ones out there. I hate to hear that some of them ruined so much of a game for you. This is again why it is so hard for me to want to take my daughter to a game even in Denver. A couple of idiots can ruin maybe not just the Broncos for her but the entire sport. I do actually have that with the Seahawks. It wasn't at a game but living in the city of Seattle some friends made it where I cheer against the Seahawks against almost any team but maybe the Raiders and Chiefs. I remember I was at work unfortunately when the Broncos played in the 2012 playoffs against the Ravens and lost on a hail mary pass. A few of my co-workers happened to be on break during that time and rushed down to make sure they were the ones to tell me the Broncos lost. They spent the rest of my time getting in my face asking "how does it feel to see your team go down in flames?" I might have been the only person in Seattle smiling the next day when the Seahawks lost in dramatic fashion to the Falcons.

I think i just killed a thread talking about this subject, but No, the next Bronco Fan might be the best person I could ever meet, so I dont let the past dictate the future, even though the Past has to dictate my Defenses against repeat behavior. Individuals are good, Groups are bad.

The fact is, as long as the Bucs are doing well I could care less what other teams do. I am just glad I can focus on that again...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really hate the Patriots, but I generally root against them for a combination of the following reasons
  • They're often competing with the Broncos for playoff seeding.
  • I get sick of seeing them in Super Bowls and would like some new blood.
  • The Brady ball washers.
  • Masshole fans in general.
  • Belichick is a dick. Great coach, but a dick.
  • That stupid foghorn they do on third down.
  • Josh McDaniels, who I'm still convinced was a double agent sent by Belichick to destroy the Broncos since they had so much success against the Patriots under Shanahan.

Josh McDaniels did set the Broncos back for a while ...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McDaniels did set the Broncos back for a while ...

One could say though that maybe he moved the team forward in the sense that things got so bad that Bowlen went straight to Elway and said "save this franchise!" If he had kept having 8-8 type seasons maybe McDaniels keeps his job a bit longer and the team just keeps hanging out in mediocrity. He tanked bad enough that huge changes had to happen.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the Patriots, but Boston is a cruddy town. The people are soft, rude and the place smells like feet and cold cuts.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Lambeau sure is butt hurt over Rodgers shitting the bed once again.

As for staduims, I've been to several Pats games at Gillette and have never seen any visiting fan treated poorly. When your team wins, you don't have the same level of anger is my best guess.