• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Do You "Hate" The Patriots?

WHy Do You Hate The Patriots?

• Jealousy

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Win Too Much

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pure Hate

• Potato Salad

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Brady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BB

• Other..... Explain

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I Don't Hate Them

Votes: 40 50.0%

• Total voters

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Cheaters option?

That would be my answer, so since no cheaters as an option it's...

Tater salad!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this years Houston Texans far outweighed the Bears in terms of their suckitude. No contest

BUT. They were not a good team. Their defense was good but their offense and Grossman were barely adequate. I would have taken Trent Dilfer and that Ravens offense over the Bears offense.

The Colts beat them in the pouring rain and I'm sure the Patriots would have done something similar.

My point was that neither contest was really in doubt. The Patriots played poorly and still won by by 16 points and the same goes for the Colts even when they spotted the Bears a 7 point lead. It was just a matter of time.
Actually, you're wrong: they were a good team, even a very good team. Their offense wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be; they finished 14th in passing, 15th in rushing, and 15th overall. They tied the Colts for second most points scored that year (with admittedly a lot of help from their defense and special teams).

Defensively, they were outstanding. They finished third in points allowed behind the Ravens (and many Ravens fans think this was as good as if not better than their 2000 defense) and Patriots. But they forced a lot of turnovers and often scored once they got them.

They won 13 games that year, knocked off the defending NFC champs and blew out the rejuvenated Saints in the NFC Championship game. They were most certainly a good team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you're wrong: they were a good team, even a very good team. Their offense wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be; they finished 14th in passing, 15th in rushing, and 15th overall. They tied the Colts for second most points scored that year (with admittedly a lot of help from their defense and special teams).

Defensively, they were outstanding. They finished third in points allowed behind the Ravens (and many Ravens fans think this was as good as if not better than their 2000 defense) and Patriots. But they forced a lot of turnovers and often scored once they got them.

They won 13 games that year, knocked off the defending NFC champs and blew out the rejuvenated Saints in the NFC Championship game. They were most certainly a good team.

People only look at Rex Grossman and just decide they were a terrible team. Not every Championship team has a great QB at the helm. That doesn't mean they were a terrible team. Like you said the Bears had plenty of reason they were good that year and were able to overcome a mediocre QB.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every fan base has their share of fans with the "trait", especially if they have won something. I will say, NYG fans, most that I have met act like they won something, but don't try to rub it in your face, but a lot of these were older fans too. Generally speaking I have no issue with fans that much...Saints fans...at least the ones here in ATL, make me struggle with that though.
Back on the ESPN board days NYG fans and Pitt fans were pretty similar. They rarely acknowledged they had great defenses and overrated their QBs. IMO Ben wasn't consistent enough to be rated that highly until about 2012 well after the 2nd title and Eli was never an elite QB.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate them because they bogart all the good white receivers.

And I've always been suspicious of how the whitest team in the NFL can also be the most successful team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on the ESPN board days NYG fans and Pitt fans were pretty similar. They rarely acknowledged they had great defenses and overrated their QBs. IMO Ben wasn't consistent enough to be rated that highly until about 2012 well after the 2nd title and Eli was never an elite QB.

I remember those days..didn't go out on the general board much....imo a lot of younger fans, particularly the Steelers board....Face and I came over from there.

Ben...mostly agree, he had a blurb yr in '07, but you're right, wasn't consistent really until '12 and beyond. I know quite a few NYG fans having lived up there a while and most do not think Eli is an elite QB now, but feel he played well enough in their SB wins to be in the top 10. Lot of parallels with Flacco and E Manning.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate them because they bogart all the good white receivers.

And I've always been suspicious of how the whitest team in the NFL can also be the most successful team.

Interesting take, but true, especially about the WRs.

Falcons had a very good white WR...name escapes me...fast too.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember those days..didn't go out on the general board much....imo a lot of younger fans, particularly the Steelers board....Face and I came over from there.

Ben...mostly agree, he had a blurb yr in '07, but you're right, wasn't consistent really until '12 and beyond. I know quite a few NYG fans having lived up there a while and most do not think Eli is an elite QB now, but feel he played well enough in their SB wins to be in the top 10. Lot of parallels with Flacco and E Manning.
I agree. Flacco had a crazy run but I think overall that one play against the Broncos might be the worst defensive play I've ever seen. I think Rahim Moore lost that ball in the lights.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly a great coach. The best ever? God that's too hard to answer. Between Noll and Walsh and Lombardi and Shula etc etc etc there have been a LOT of great coaches.

Is he in the top 5? Top 3? I think at least one of those..

BTW the NFL network had a great 30 for 30 on Noll. Very interesting. I didn't know he was not your typical football coach. Almost something of an intellectual and Renaissance man.

Noll...I was aware of that...definitely not the rah rah type, but he got the point across well...Tony Dungy who played for Noll said he tried to take on a similar persona.

BB...he's definitely in the conversation of GOAT in the NFL, and imo if you're legitmately in that conversation, whether you're 1, 2 or 3 doesn't really matter....you will always be remembered as a great HC...same with Brady.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Flacco had a crazy run but I think overall that one play against the Broncos might be the worst defensive play I've ever seen. I think Rahim Moore lost that ball in the lights.

Yep...you might remember, @Chewbaccer are trying to recall the little white WR, fast guy that played for ATL...ran back kicks... you remember him?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not from what I saw. Their defense got them to the Superbowl but their offense was anemic at best. They were not near as good as the stats.. Did you watch or listen to the Superbowl?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noll...I was aware of that...definitely not the rah rah type, but he got the point across well...Tony Dungy who played for Noll said he tried to take on a similar persona.

BB...he's definitely in the conversation of GOAT in the NFL, and imo if you're legitmately in that conversation, whether you're 1, 2 or 3 doesn't really matter....you will always be remembered as a great HC...same with Brady.

I'm fine with that personally. Even if the Pats lose they are already in the conversation. If they win it does get easier to claim the GOAT mantle for them. Don't you think?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the hype the greatest dynasty is all over blown. I mean one Super Bowl in the last 10 years? I mean really with all the greatness that has been talked about you would think they would have 4 or 5 of them.

Christ if they lose on Sunday they will be able to join the list of teams that have lost more Super Bowls than they have won. We will have to wait and see what happens but good teams find ways to win the big important games. It would suck to have lost more Super Bowls than you have won.

Nobody ever remembers the team that lost the Super Bowl