• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Do You "Hate" The Patriots?

WHy Do You Hate The Patriots?

• Jealousy

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Win Too Much

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pure Hate

• Potato Salad

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Brady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BB

• Other..... Explain

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I Don't Hate Them

Votes: 40 50.0%

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts could never punch it in except for 2006. In fact they had a good number of one and dones. While I would like to blame Manning entirely for those chokes, it was most definitely a team effort.

There were plenty of those games where Manning got the team a lead late only to see the defense give it right back. Or the coach decide to call a timeout saving time for the opposing team giving them a couple of extra plays that saw them lose the game. Manning isn't without fault in some of those but yeah he is the biggest reason those Colts teams were going to the playoffs year in and year out. He is a good showing of just the importance of building up the entire roster to stand a chance.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers missed in Rodgers first season as the starter. Been there every year since.

That is what I thought. So again just showing that having a top franchise QB is enough to get you to the playoffs in today's NFL. They are not enough though to win a Super Bowl by themselves. They have to have help. Brady for example early on in his career had a strong running game and top-10 defenses in those early Super Bowl victories. 2014 they again had a great defense. This year again a top-5 defense. So as great as Brady is he cannot do it by himself.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question...but the big question is...would there be as many or any rings w/o Brady?

FWIW...the same applies to Tomlin or any HC...would he have a ring w/o Ben and the answer is pretty easy...no! But we're not looking at those guys in the same light as BB.

But when you've had so much success and you've had a 1st ballot QB the entire run, it take a little bit of the shine off imo.

Very good question and I would say no. But there were would be some. Still Brady has also benefited from having Belichick as a coach. BB pushes people including Brady and Brady just soaks it up.

Brady and Belichick meet once a week to talk football and the upcoming game. That's got to be good.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree. Jeter = Brady?

I would bet there is more turnover for an NFL roster than MLB.

Case in point, I heard on the radio this morning that there are only around 20 something players on the current Pats roster from the 2014 SB team.

But in some sense I see your point. As good as they've been over 17 years, how many are HoFers other than Brady? Maybe Ty Law, maybe Gronk if he can stay healthy. That's about it.

There are a ton of Steelers from the 70s and 80s in the Hall.
Jeter's WAR was 4-9 wins in a 160+game season.

Brady's WAR is probably 2-4 wins in a 16 game season.

The QB is so much more important than any single position in baseball its not even close. Thats why I used the Braves as an example because I could almost start to compare the impact of having Maddox, Smoltz and Glavine to having Brady but even then its not on the same level.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...same scheme that Walsh built though right?
Yeah, but Rice was still there.

Not sure how someone could give Walsh the genius label and not Belichick.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were plenty of those games where Manning got the team a lead late only to see the defense give it right back. Or the coach decide to call a timeout saving time for the opposing team giving them a couple of extra plays that saw them lose the game. Manning isn't without fault in some of those but yeah he is the biggest reason those Colts teams were going to the playoffs year in and year out. He is a good showing of just the importance of building up the entire roster to stand a chance.

Again I like to blame it all on Manning... ;) In 2006 the Colts D had an excellent playoffs.

That year KC had a great running game and they were going to run it down the Colts porous run D and failed miserably.

Was that the year they played the Ravens with Steve McNair (overrated) and won with 5 field goals?

Against the Pats they played well too. That game was probably Mannings and Dungy's best playoff win.

Against the Bears... They showed up and it was enough... ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I like to blame it all on Manning... ;) In 2006 the Colts D had an excellent playoffs.

That year KC had a great running game and they were going to run it down the Colts porous run D and failed miserably.

Was that the year they played the Ravens with Steve McNair (overrated) and won with 5 field goals?

Against the Pats they played well too. That game was probably Mannings and Dungy's best playoff win.

Against the Bears... They showed up and it was enough... ;)

Colts D played well in 3 of the 4 games. Manning still showed up plenty in the game against the Pats.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts D played well in 3 of the 4 games. Manning still showed up plenty in the game against the Pats.
Colts really had no business winning that game. The 'Reche Caldwell eyes' game, right?.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good question and I would say no. But there were would be some. Still Brady has also benefited from having Belichick as a coach. BB pushes people including Brady and Brady just soaks it up.

Brady and Belichick meet once a week to talk football and the upcoming game. That's got to be good.

A lot of Steeler fans (incl myself) hold Noll in very high regard. Even after the Steel Curtain had gotten old, he was in tune enough to realize that and the final 70s team that won a ring was not a great DEF...Of course that was a different era of football. You kept great players their entire careers, plus the Steelers had their own cloud with steroids.

BB has done it in the FA era. When I see this stuff about him being the GOAT across all sports...it gives me pause, and I'm all in on BB as a great coach, but that question lingers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Rice was still there.

Not sure how someone could give Walsh the genius label and not Belichick.

Well, that's true...just harder for me to recognize it with BB with the cheating stuff, losing picks because of it etc. What's pretty evident is they didn't need to do it.

That said, I could tee it up with BB anytime...I'd love it. Now Saban...idt so. He might be totally different away from football, but he just seems to have the Napoleon syndrome bad.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't matter. It was the equivalent of us playing Houston this year. The game was never in doubt even when they spotted the Bears 7 points.
Stop it. That Bears team was way better than this year's Houston's team, and their defense was crazy good that year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's true...just harder for me to recognize it with BB with the cheating stuff, losing picks because of it etc. What's pretty evident is they didn't need to do it.

That said, I could tee it up with BB anytime...I'd love it. Now Saban...idt so. He might be totally different away from football, but he just seems to have the Napoleon syndrome bad.

Was actually listening to an interview from one of the mom's of a player he recruited. She said he hated Saban. His entire pitch was about the millions the player would be making and nothing about the education he would receive. Said she never felt more disrespected than by Saban of all the coaches that came into her house. Her kid still picked to go to Alabama though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the Pats. I hate the Red Sox, but not the Pats. I will root for Atlanta because the Pats have won a lot and I like seeing new teams win if there isn't a team I like still hanging around. Plus Julio Jones is one of my favorite players. I like Gronk but he isn't even playing. Sick of Brady and the drama that always surrounds him, but torn because I think it would be awesome to watch Goodell have to give him the trophy. Don't like Edelman as I think he's a cocky little dick. Don't like Belichick but who does. The bastard is so friggin good though. Greatest coach ever IMO and I'm not sure anyone I have seen is that close even. I think McDaniels and Patricia are real good. I Like Malcolm Butler and Dion Lewis and love the black unicorn. Most of the Pats though are kind of Vanilla.

Boston fans in general are about the most annoying ones around as a group. But there are some good ones too of course and a few here that I'll be very happy for if the Pats win and a few that...well...

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Dallas Fans and not everyone love Steelers fans either.

And what about Seahawks fans?? They've been pumping up their cred in recent years.
I'm sure Dallas fans were bad in the 90s but it doesn't show up much these days. As for the Steelers, they have some of the traits but it's just not an extreme like Boston fans.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Dallas fans were bad in the 90s but it doesn't show up much these days. As for the Steelers, they have some of the traits but it's just not an extreme like Boston fans.

I think every fan base has their share of fans with the "trait", especially if they have won something. I will say, NYG fans, most that I have met act like they won something, but don't try to rub it in your face, but a lot of these were older fans too. Generally speaking I have no issue with fans that much...Saints fans...at least the ones here in ATL, make me struggle with that though.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait til Dallas wins a playoff game, then watch out! :D

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Steeler fans (incl myself) hold Noll in very high regard. Even after the Steel Curtain had gotten old, he was in tune enough to realize that and the final 70s team that won a ring was not a great DEF...Of course that was a different era of football. You kept great players their entire careers, plus the Steelers had their own cloud with steroids.

BB has done it in the FA era. When I see this stuff about him being the GOAT across all sports...it gives me pause, and I'm all in on BB as a great coach, but that question lingers.

He's certainly a great coach. The best ever? God that's too hard to answer. Between Noll and Walsh and Lombardi and Shula etc etc etc there have been a LOT of great coaches.

Is he in the top 5? Top 3? I think at least one of those..

BTW the NFL network had a great 30 for 30 on Noll. Very interesting. I didn't know he was not your typical football coach. Almost something of an intellectual and Renaissance man.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. That Bears team was way better than this year's Houston's team, and their defense was crazy good that year.

Yes this years Houston Texans far outweighed the Bears in terms of their suckitude. No contest

BUT. They were not a good team. Their defense was good but their offense and Grossman were barely adequate. I would have taken Trent Dilfer and that Ravens offense over the Bears offense.

The Colts beat them in the pouring rain and I'm sure the Patriots would have done something similar.

My point was that neither contest was really in doubt. The Patriots played poorly and still won by by 16 points and the same goes for the Colts even when they spotted the Bears a 7 point lead. It was just a matter of time.