• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Do You "Hate" The Patriots?

WHy Do You Hate The Patriots?

• Jealousy

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Win Too Much

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pure Hate

• Potato Salad

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Brady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BB

• Other..... Explain

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I Don't Hate Them

Votes: 40 50.0%

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate them at all. Broncos have been one of the few teams to have great success against the Pats. For some reason they have just always had BB/Brady's number. I have a healthy respect for the rivalry though as for quite some time our two teams have been the final 2 in the AFC Standing. So I cheer against them of course because I want the higher playoff seed but respect the franchise they have built throughout the years.

And yes as Broncos6482 said the whole McDaniel's debacle makes it that much easier to cheer against them. Hate to see that guy have any success after what he did to our franchise. Thankfully a man named Elway came around and cleaned up that mess but man some of the darkest days as a fan were when McDaniel's was here. One of the few times I have decided not to watch a Broncos game was with him at the helm.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate here either even though the Pats have been a barrier to the Steelers covering two head coaching regimes.

Save for a blip for the Jets, they can't help that their DIV has mostly sucked during their long run of dominance.

What I don't like about the Pats is they are more than willing to bend the rules to win...either that or they simply have been caught trying more than any other team. Secondly, BB seemingly wears this genius label but the reality is, he's had a 1st ballot HOF QB for his entire run of dominance. I know about Cassel and I also know about his run in CLE.

Give them credit where its due because they've earned it...dominance in an era that's set up for parity is amazing. But, imo BB will truly earn the genius label when he wins a ring w/o a Brady led team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give them credit where its due because they've earned it...dominance in an era that's set up for parity is amazing. But, imo BB will truly earn the genius label when he wins a ring w/o a Brady led team.
So...never?

I doubt this theory will ever get tested at this point. The logical point to move on from Brady would have been with Jimmy G.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...never?

I doubt this theory will ever get tested at this point. The logical point to move on from Brady would have been with Jimmy G.

I don't think it will either...he'll retire 1st.

Great HC...HOFer, no question...Gaylord Perry...some people will always wonder if he could've done it w/o the spitter.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will either...he'll retire 1st.

Great HC...HOFer, no question...Gaylord Perry...some people will always wonder if he could've done it w/o the spitter.
For me its just like Jerry Rice, Joe Montana and Bill Walsh. They all had success without each other no doubt but they are GOATs in a lot people's minds most likely because they all played together.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't even compare it to the Yankees 1996 to 2011. There was no effective salary structure that could combat the tremendous financial advantage the Yankees had. They laughed at the luxury tax. But still a great run for them regardless.
You can't compare the two but the Patriots having Brady for basically the whole run is a big deal. In baseball, you have to rebuild a team many times over the course of 15+ years without having a core constant like Brady. Its just not possible. The closest example in baseball I can think of is when the Braves kept all of their starting pitchers for a long time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate here either even though the Pats have been a barrier to the Steelers covering two head coaching regimes.

Save for a blip for the Jets, they can't help that their DIV has mostly sucked during their long run of dominance.

What I don't like about the Pats is they are more than willing to bend the rules to win...either that or they simply have been caught trying more than any other team. Secondly, BB seemingly wears this genius label but the reality is, he's had a 1st ballot HOF QB for his entire run of dominance. I know about Cassel and I also know about his run in CLE.

That has become the biggest question mark for both BB and Brady. Who has helped who more? Is Brady a HOF without BB and is BB a 4-time Super Bowl winner maybe 5 time after this Sunday? I mean that is the thing with Manning is not only did he win with different coaches but he won for different organizations. He was the one constant among the winning for the Colts and Broncos.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of it is because their fans are fucking obnoxious.

It's easy to get obnoxious when your team gets on a good roll like the Patriots have. We're not the only fan base bitten.

A lot of the older fans realize how lucky we are but it's been a while so..

I really would like to win this one..

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has become the biggest question mark for both BB and Brady. Who has helped who more? Is Brady a HOF without BB and is BB a 4-time Super Bowl winner maybe 5 time after this Sunday? I mean that is the thing with Manning is not only did he win with different coaches but he won for different organizations. He was the one constant among the winning for the Colts and Broncos.

You have to give Belichick the nod is only because his scope is just that much more. But Brady has been critical to the success of the Patriots and Bill knows it as much as anything.

As far as Manning winning on multiple teams go, you could certainly say 2013 was because of Manning but last year??? :scratch: He should buy the defense a new Rolex every year for life.

Just an additional Papa John commercial a year

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think Brady has benefited from Belichick more than the other way around, but neither would have been as successful as they have been without the other. And when it comes to Brady, he was extremely fortunate to end up where he did. How many 6th round quarterbacks ever even get the chance to see the field other than garbage time?

I still think Belichick manages to win a couple of Super Bowls minus Brady (he's still the genius who figured out how to stop the Bills K-gun offense), but Brady is so much harder to predict. He might never have seen the field if he'd been drafted somewhere else.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give Belichick the nod is only because his scope is just that much more. But Brady has been critical to the success of the Patriots and Bill knows it as much as anything.

As far as Manning winning on multiple teams go, you could certainly say 2013 was because of Manning but last year??? :scratch: He should buy the defense a new Rolex every year for life.

Just an additional Papa John commercial a year
Manning did the heavy lifting for 3 Super Bowl trips, I think it's ok that his defense did the work for one.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady WAS a system QB... He benefitted much on a perfect system for him, great coaching, a team that didn't need him to carry them, and an overall outstanding football IQ...

Brady gained confidence and became comfortable... and became a legend... and here is where he helped BB...

So BB made Brady, but Brady made BB a genius...

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare the two but the Patriots having Brady for basically the whole run is a big deal. In baseball, you have to rebuild a team many times over the course of 15+ years without having a core constant like Brady. Its just not possible. The closest example in baseball I can think of is when the Braves kept all of their starting pitchers for a long time.

Not sure I agree. Jeter = Brady?

I would bet there is more turnover for an NFL roster than MLB.

Case in point, I heard on the radio this morning that there are only around 20 something players on the current Pats roster from the 2014 SB team.

But in some sense I see your point. As good as they've been over 17 years, how many are HoFers other than Brady? Maybe Ty Law, maybe Gronk if he can stay healthy. That's about it.

There are a ton of Steelers from the 70s and 80s in the Hall.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing is true in that statement.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think Brady has benefited from Belichick more than the other way around, but neither would have been as successful as they have been without the other. And when it comes to Brady, he was extremely fortunate to end up where he did. How many 6th round quarterbacks ever even get the chance to see the field other than garbage time?

I still think Belichick manages to win a couple of Super Bowls minus Brady (he's still the genius who figured out how to stop the Bills K-gun offense), but Brady is so much harder to predict. He might never have seen the field if he'd been drafted somewhere else.
6th round exactly? 47
6th round and later? 196

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's debatable.

His last two Super Bowl appearances he wasn't very good. In fact, I believe last year he had the lowest QB rating in Super Bowl history. So maybe heavy lifting of the suck.

He really only had one impressive SB, against the Bears. The one and only SB he won MVP.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to get obnoxious when your team gets on a good roll like the Patriots have. We're not the only fan base bitten.

A lot of the older fans realize how lucky we are but it's been a while so..

I really would like to win this one..
There is also the Celtics and Red Sox. I think it's just a regional thing because nobody else comes close except maybe Yankees fans.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning did the heavy lifting for 3 Super Bowl trips, I think it's ok that his defense did the work for one.

In 2006 he was carried to a ring by an Indy D that finally showed up in the playoffs and Adam Vinitieri

I'm just saying this because I hate Manning (or am I)... ;)