• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Do You "Hate" The Patriots?

WHy Do You Hate The Patriots?

• Jealousy

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Win Too Much

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pure Hate

• Potato Salad

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Brady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BB

• Other..... Explain

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I Don't Hate Them

Votes: 40 50.0%

• Total voters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is definitely some jealousy in it for me... But, even though they are a great team, it always just feels like they get the easy road... whether it is being in a terrible division, and not having much competition in it, which helps them stay healthier than normal and gives them the easy route in the playoffs... I guess they deserve it, but still it is just painful to watch a team like that just gain so much hype constantly, when they have less challenge than anyone else...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 154438

All the offensive players he drafted, sorted by games started. Just in case you wanted to head down memory lane. Jonathan Baldwin, ouch.
Practically fried into memory at this point. A contrarian might say Jeff Allen but that's pretty much it. The rest of these guys are misfit toys. In a lot of ways KC is still rebuilding offensively from the ground zero that was Pioli's offense. I think everyone on this list is gone now since Stephenson and Allen left in FA.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is definitely some jealousy in it for me... But, even though they are a great team, it always just feels like they get the easy road... whether it is being in a terrible division, and not having much competition in it, which helps them stay healthier than normal and gives them the easy route in the playoffs... I guess they deserve it, but still it is just painful to watch a team like that just gain so much hype constantly, when they have less challenge than anyone else...
There certainly is some validity to that. Since 2001 the Pats have played 105 games against teams who finished the season over .500. Only the Eagles and Seahawks have faced fewer teams. Falcons and Packers have also faced 105 teams. Pats have a .610 winning percentage in those games though, while the next best is at .528 (Steelers), and there are only 5 teams over .400 (Colts, Broncos, Packers being the other 3). However, the difference between 28th most games (which the Patriots rank) and 8th, is just one extra game per season.

Patriots also have played just 82 games against playoff teams in the regular season. That's 31st in the NFL (Seahawks are last), but once again, the difference between 31st and 2nd is just 1 extra game per season. Pats have a .622 winning percentage in those games, no one else is over .500.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There certainly is some validity to that. Since 2001 the Pats have played 105 games against teams who finished the season over .500. Only the Eagles and Seahawks have faced fewer teams. Falcons and Packers have also faced 105 teams. Pats have a .610 winning percentage in those games though, while the next best is at .528 (Steelers), and there are only 5 teams over .400 (Colts, Broncos, Packers being the other 3). However, the difference between 28th most games (which the Patriots rank) and 8th, is just one extra game per season.

Patriots also have played just 82 games against playoff teams in the regular season. That's 31st in the NFL (Seahawks are last), but once again, the difference between 31st and 2nd is just 1 extra game per season. Pats have a .622 winning percentage in those games, no one else is over .500.

But one more game in a 16 game season is still pretty big... Your right though that all they have done is win...
But again, the easy road that you just proved they get, also gives them the best chances in the playoffs as they almost always have home field, even when they are not the one, they usually find a way to get it... And they usually have cake walks at least for one game in the playoffs...

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate them or like them, I respect the hell out of them.

They remind me of the Yankees of the late 90's - 2000's

There's something to this --- The Patriots of the 2000's made me understand The Yankees more and made me slightly less of a Yankees hater…………slightly. ;)

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But one more game in a 16 game season is still pretty big... Your right though that all they have done is win...
But again, the easy road that you just proved they get, also gives them the best chances in the playoffs as they almost always have home field, even when they are not the one, they usually find a way to get it... And they usually have cake walks at least for one game in the playoffs...
Yeah but when it comes down to 1 game for homefield, it's teams slipping up against bad teams that causes them to miss it. Not all the time but often. And since 2001, the Pats have won 87.4% of their games played against teams that are .500 and below. Best in the NFL by a lot. That's just 19 losses in 16 years against below .500 teams. They set themselves up for the easiest road possible almost every year. 2 of their last 19 playoff games have been on the road. And each of those seasons, they didn't have home field for the AFCCG because they lost to mediocre teams in the regular season, like everyone else does.

Why do they have homefield this year? Because they took care of business, and the Chiefs lost to the Texans and the Titans at home.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Tom Brady Fans

I dont hate the Patriots or Patriot fans

Unfortunately, there are far more Tom Brady fans than Patriot fans

No, they are not the same people
I'm surrounded by the Douchers.

They try and act like they were fans when he was in AA. Even though he was obviously third best behind Henson and Dreisbach.

Half this state swings from his lady drapes.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but when it comes down to 1 game for homefield, it's teams slipping up against bad teams that causes them to miss it. Not all the time but often. And since 2001, the Pats have won 87.4% of their games played against teams that are .500 and below. Best in the NFL by a lot. That's just 19 losses in 16 years against below .500 teams. They set themselves up for the easiest road possible almost every year. 2 of their last 19 playoff games have been on the road. And each of those seasons, they didn't have home field for the AFCCG because they lost to mediocre teams in the regular season, like everyone else does.

Why do they have homefield this year? Because they took care of business, and the Chiefs lost to the Texans and the Titans at home.

Believe me, I get it... I am a yankee fan... But as a Jet fan, I got to hate the pats... I admitted I am jealous... But there are some things that are just hard to ignore...

They absolutely are great... and again deserve what they get... It just bothers me how easy they have it, bothers me how the patriots turnover stats are significantly better than EVERY other team(always seems somewhat fishy). And I just cant stand the Hype Brady gets- now of course here is where jealousy comes into play the most...

But even with my HATE and jealousy... I am the first to admit that BB is the best coach in football history... and I respect the hell out of them... just with that respect a lot of hate is in it...

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, I get it... I am a yankee fan... But as a Jet fan, I got to hate the pats... I admitted I am jealous... But there are some things that are just hard to ignore...

They absolutely are great... and again deserve what they get... It just bothers me how easy they have it, bothers me how the patriots turnover stats are significantly better than EVERY other team(always seems somewhat fishy). And I just cant stand the Hype Brady gets- now of course here is where jealousy comes into play the most...

But even with my HATE and jealousy... I am the first to admit that BB is the best coach in football history... and I respect the hell out of them... just with that respect a lot of hate is in it...
Hahaha fishy that their turnover rate is so low? Come on.

I assume you'll hate the Pats. You should. And just because it seems easy to them, doesn't mean it's easy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Pats. Brady is a MI man, and much like watching Jordan, its an honor to be alive to see the GOAT play.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha fishy that their turnover rate is so low? Come on.

I assume you'll hate the Pats. You should. And just because it seems easy to them, doesn't mean it's easy.

Maybe not cheating. More that at least one person sold their soul to the devil.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the McDaniels double agent was said in jest, I don't truly think that. I just think he was so arrogant that he thought he could do it all and do it all well, and he found out he wasn't as smart as he thought he was.

That's why he'll better the next time around. Same with Belichick and Cleveland. I'm sure he learnt from that experience.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely understandable. I hated (and respected Peyton) in a similar way.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the Pats and their fans, every one hates them, including the league, and for good reason. The whole salary cap system was put in place to combat what they do. But the Pats have overcome the system that is intended to provide this balance for 17 years.

The whole "cheating" thing is just a convenient way to explain the dominance. It can't possibly be because they have a system and structure from the owner down that happens to grind out quality play on the field, year after year. Eventually BB and Brady will be gone and we may never see a stretch of dominance like this for a long time.

You can't even compare it to the Yankees 1996 to 2011. There was no effective salary structure that could combat the tremendous financial advantage the Yankees had. They laughed at the luxury tax. But still a great run for them regardless.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of it is because their fans are fucking obnoxious.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have a problem with people bitching about "Easy Schedules".

The Patriots can't change their division to make people who hate them happy. The AFC East has not been extremely competitive but you can't blame the Patriots for continuing to be better than the rest of them.

Every team follows the exact same schedule mechanism. Play your own division twice (6 Games) Play one other division in your conference (4 Games) One other division in the other conference (4 Games) One team (game) from each of your conference divisions (2 games) based on previous year finish. Every year over the past few years there has been a horrible division in both conferences. If you happen to get them both you can finish 6-2 or 8-0 against them.

Success breeds contempt. More so, people that hate a team generally hate it because that team beat your team or continually beats your team.

Here's the perfect STUPID example..........I was listening to Mike & Mike about three years ago and they had a Jets fan come on to tell everyone why he hated the Patriots. He said it started when Bill Belichick left the Jets high and dry and decided to coach the Patriots. (OK, I can see that) The he jumped off the bridge. He said what made it worse, is that BB stole his three Super Bowl Trophies from the Jets. If he stayed with the Jets he would have drafted Brady on the Jets and Brady should be the Jets QB and if he was, the Jets would have the Patriots Super Bowl trophies. The 2001. 2003 and 2004 Super Bowl trophies should be the Jets' and Brady should have been the Jets QB. I almost drove off the rode..................but the guy was serious. So sometimes people are just a bit crazy and I can't hate them.