• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Do You "Hate" The Patriots?

WHy Do You Hate The Patriots?

• Jealousy

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Win Too Much

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pure Hate

• Potato Salad

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Brady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BB

• Other..... Explain

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I Don't Hate Them

Votes: 40 50.0%

• Total voters

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy for me the tuck rule game. And Brady's attitude towards it after all the years. Think a year or so he was asked and he just said " you are never going to get the answer you are looking for" What's it matter now just say yeah we benefited from a bad call that now has been changed and it sent us to super bowl.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really hate the Patriots, but I generally root against them for a combination of the following reasons
  • They're often competing with the Broncos for playoff seeding.
  • I get sick of seeing them in Super Bowls and would like some new blood.
  • The Brady ball washers.
  • Masshole fans in general.
  • Belichick is a dick. Great coach, but a dick.
  • That stupid foghorn they do on third down.
  • Josh McDaniels, who I'm still convinced was a double agent sent by Belichick to destroy the Broncos since they had so much success against the Patriots under Shanahan.
I gave you a funny. Good thing you had 7 bullets

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Only Teams I hate are the Broncos and Niners. Though Niners are on a different level of Hatred...

And none of it has to do with on the field stuff...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the hype the greatest dynasty is all over blown. I mean one Super Bowl in the last 10 years? I mean really with all the greatness that has been talked about you would think they would have 4 or 5 of them.

Christ if they lose on Sunday they will be able to join the list of teams that have lost more Super Bowls than they have won. We will have to wait and see what happens but good teams find ways to win the big important games. It would suck to have lost more Super Bowls than you have won.

Nobody ever remembers the team that lost the Super Bowl
They remember the team that's been there more than any other.
4 SBs in 15 years. Yep not even close to a dynasty:doh:
Talk about over "blown" no pun intended but your hero Arog needs 6 more appearances to just equal Brady's accomplishment. Yeah I'm pretty sure that will happen.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They remember the team that's been there more than any other.
4 SBs in 15 years. Yep not even close to a dynasty:doh:
Talk about over "blown" no pun intended but your hero Arog needs 6 more appearances to just equal Brady's accomplishment. Yeah I'm pretty sure that will happen.

Well on Monday maybe you will be able to say "Yeahhh my team has been to the Super Bowl more than any other team" Oh and by the way our record in those games is a mediocre 4 - 5 :pound:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the McDaniels double agent was said in jest, I don't truly think that. I just think he was so arrogant that he thought he could do it all and do it all well, and he found out he wasn't as smart as he thought he was.
It was another part of BBs plan:spy:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with pure jealousy ... my team (the Detroit Lions) has one one playoff game in 60 years. I am jealous of Cleveland Browns fans too.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on Monday maybe you will be able to say "Yeahhh my team has been to the Super Bowl more than any other team" Oh and by the way our record in those games is a mediocre 4 - 5 :pound:
True and if they win we can talk even more about the dynasty that is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Only Teams I hate are the Broncos and Niners. Though Niners are on a different level of Hatred...

And none of it has to do with on the field stuff...
Can I ask why it is that you hate the Broncos?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When compared to other Sports, Football has never had a Dynasty (at least in the Super Bowl Era).

The Patriots remind me of the Red Wings from 92-12, not a dynasty but a consistently good to great team.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask why it is that you hate the Broncos?
Their Fans.

Prior to this I already did not like every Bronco fan I had met up to this point. Went to a Chargers-Broncos game in 1995 at Denver. Now I am a little hazy on the exact details but I think the Broncos got out to a 28-0 lead. In the 2nd hald the Charger came back and ties it 31-31, then the Broncos won it in the end 34-31 (I think, it might have been 31-28). Either way I wearing Bucs Gear (bright Orange), and most those Broncos fans thought it was more Important to Make fun of Me, then root for their Team. After that I have hated the Broncos ever since. I hope they lose every game except when they play the Niners....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, I get it... I am a yankee fan... But as a Jet fan, I got to hate the pats... I admitted I am jealous... But there are some things that are just hard to ignore...

They absolutely are great... and again deserve what they get... It just bothers me how easy they have it, bothers me how the patriots turnover stats are significantly better than EVERY other team(always seems somewhat fishy). And I just cant stand the Hype Brady gets- now of course here is where jealousy comes into play the most...

But even with my HATE and jealousy... I am the first to admit that BB is the best coach in football history... and I respect the hell out of them... just with that respect a lot of hate is in it...
Maybe if the Jets didn't suck so bad year in and year out that road would be a little rougher. You can only play who's on your schedule. Did you see NE has to play in Mexico next season?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate here either even though the Pats have been a barrier to the Steelers covering two head coaching regimes.

Save for a blip for the Jets, they can't help that their DIV has mostly sucked during their long run of dominance.

What I don't like about the Pats is they are more than willing to bend the rules to win...either that or they simply have been caught trying more than any other team. Secondly, BB seemingly wears this genius label but the reality is, he's had a 1st ballot HOF QB for his entire run of dominance. I know about Cassel and I also know about his run in CLE.

Give them credit where its due because they've earned it...dominance in an era that's set up for parity is amazing. But, imo BB will truly earn the genius label when he wins a ring w/o a Brady led team.
This is the chicken or the egg argument. We'll never know how either would've done without the other? BB also went 3-1 w/o TB12 to start this season. As a Pat fan I'm just happy and enjoying the ride. I could care less who gets the credit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their Fans.

Prior to this I already did not like every Bronco fan I had met up to this point. Went to a Chargers-Broncos game in 1995 at Denver. Now I am a little hazy on the exact details but I think the Broncos got out to a 28-0 lead. In the 2nd hald the Charger came back and ties it 31-31, then the Broncos won it in the end 34-31 (I think, it might have been 31-28). Either way I wearing Bucs Gear (bright Orange), and most those Broncos fans thought it was more Important to Make fun of Me, then root for their Team. After that I have hated the Broncos ever since. I hope they lose every game except when they play the Niners....

Sorry you had a bad experience with our fans. Can't say that is a completely isolated situation. Last Bronco game I went to in Denver saw Chiefs fans get beer dumped on their head a few rows in front of us. A few rows in front of that a similar incident happened and a fight broke out and unfortunately even though they didn't start it the Chiefs fans were kicked out while the Bronco fans got to remain.

Now I've been to plenty of other stadiums where this same type of thing happens. I wore a St. Louis Cardinals jersey to a Chiefs game thinking the red would be enough. Had 2 guys threaten to jump me while I was going to the bathroom. Thankfully a couple of other people in the area kind of got in the way but then those 2 guys followed me throughout the stadium cussing me out. I've been punched before by opposing fans all because I stood up and cheered when my team scored a touchdown. Hate it when fans ruin things for others. this is supposed to be about entertainment. Honestly at this point I"m not sure I will ever take my daughter to a game unless she absolutely just wants to go.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's true...just harder for me to recognize it with BB with the cheating stuff, losing picks because of it etc. What's pretty evident is they didn't need to do it.

That said, I could tee it up with BB anytime...I'd love it. Now Saban...idt so. He might be totally different away from football, but he just seems to have the Napoleon syndrome bad.
With losing those picks that should give BB a couple extra points.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, MOST people hate the Pats cause of the fan base. However, there are 2 types of fan base in NE.

1-Fans that have only seen this team successes over the past 17 yrs....They are annoying as fuck and have no clue what a loosing season looks like. They get under my skin too.
2-Fans who listen to them on the radio while raking leaves on a Sunday because they sucked so bad they were not on TV. These fans like me, appreciate what we seeing, but know it can end at any time..

Most of the the #1 type fans are on Twitter....

and of course, everyone outside of NE hates Brady...LOL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, MOST people hate the Pats cause of the fan base. However, there are 2 types of fan base in NE.

1-Fans that have only seen this team successes over the past 17 yrs....They are annoying as fuck and have no clue what a loosing season looks like. They get under my skin too.
2-Fans who listen to them on the radio while raking leaves on a Sunday because they sucked so bad they were not on TV. These fans like me, appreciate what we seeing, but know it can end at any time..

Most of the the #1 type fans are on Twitter....

and of course, everyone outside of NE hates Brady...LOL.

That definitely happens with any fanbase that finds an extended time of success. You will attract the newer fans/bandwagon fans who then like to claim they have known the team all of their life but then you ask of them of a past player that was pretty prominent and they give you a look like "who?"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I guess we will have to wait and see if the Pats have a dynasty in the event of a win on Sunday :suds:
5 SBs in 15 years is not a dynasty? You're right It's a Boston massacre.
What's your definition of a dynasty? 3 SBs in 4 yrs? The Pats owned the 2000s.