• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Top 10: Kirk or Dak?

Who's a Top 10 QB?

• Kirk Cousins

• Dak Prescott

Results are only viewable after voting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pose this same question a couple of years back and I probably would have had Allen right on the heels of Mahomes as the league's top QB. But something about his game since then has bugged me. Yes, he continues to put up big numbers, he continues to be a huge factor in the team's offensive production. Can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about his play that no longer screams clutch. Not sure I'd have him as one of the four top QBs these days.

Oh, on a side note when just doing a general review of the QB stats, I couldn't help but notice that Sam Howell, who happens to be 6th in passing yards per game, has been sacked a whopping 40 times already. This puts him on pace to get dropped 97 times. That's insane, especially when the record is David Carr being sacked 76 times in '02.

And side note #2, considering this thread is whether or not Kirk Cousins is a top 10 QB, this can obviously be debated from a career standpoint, but right now his 293.9 passing yards per game currently ranks 2nd in the league. I think he's worthy of consideration at least for this season.
Holy Crap, I didn't realize that. Even in a 16 game season he would be on pace for 91 sacks. That's insane. On the same subject, look at Jones. He is basically on the same # of sacks per game pace, just missed a couple of games. Of course 10,000 of those came in the Seattle game I think

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Crap, I didn't realize that. Even in a 16 game season he would be on pace for 91 sacks. That's insane. On the same subject, look at Jones. He is basically on the same # of sacks per game pace, just missed a couple of games. Of course 10,000 of those came in the Seattle game I think
I’ll bet Howell leads the league in most drop backs too. KC y’all want EB back?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess who the Commanders play this weekend?

eagles-jordan-davis-hit-kirk-cousins.jpg

Josh-Sweat2.jpg

Take the over on the sacks

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pad Statford got a ton of yards in garbage time of losses.

Once he stopped breaking his collar bones anyway.

Not sure he’s ever been a Top Ten QB tbh. He plays stupid. And it shows with all the picks. Great arm though.
Stafford playing at his peak is top 5. He has just never strung together elite games regularly.

Everywhere he goes wr put up elite seasons and somehow he gets no credit. Never mind statistically he improved in virtually every metric once CJ retired, he is viewed as a product of him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford playing at his peak is top 5. He has just never strung together elite games regularly.

Everywhere he goes wr put up elite seasons and somehow he gets no credit. Never mind statistically he improved in virtually every metric once CJ retired, he is viewed as a product of him.
Staff definitely improved his decision making without CJ.

Had he not led the league in picks during Kupp’s big year he might’ve been MVP.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flip a coin

i will say...Dallas had two HOF'ers and I don't think either was every considered top 5 in any one season

If you're talking Staubach & Aikman, Staubach definitely was .. by anyone knowledgeable about the game anyway. True that Aikman was considered by many to be the beneficiary of a loaded offense, but that was probably a bad rap and he did play in a more QB rich era with several future HOF QBs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking Staubach & Aikman, Staubach definitely was .. by anyone knowledgeable about the game anyway.
nice try at the insult champ.
my topic was stats, as in passing leader board.

go ahead and look the years up and get back to me

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice try at the insult champ.
my topic was stats, as in passing leader board.

go ahead and look the years up and get back to me

Not sure why you thought that was an insult, champ. It was not. But Roger Staubach was definitely considered one of the 5 best QBs of his era pretty much every year after he was given the starting job, which he did not assume until his 30s. You said that he wasn't and you said nothing about his stats and ftr wrt stats he lead the league in passer rating 4 times.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Cousins > Dak for sure. He a very good QB aside from a tendency he's always had to make the big mistake at the worst possible moment .. which admittedly is a pretty big flaw.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steal?
just 6 days ago it was established on this site that Dak is just outside top 10 while Hurts is slam dunk top 5
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to add to Schmoopy's post about the turnovers. We gotta get on board with the Eagles fans. They know what they know, ya know. We all playing for runner-ups and blue participation ribbons. :D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Kirk over Dak in a minute. Stutter step Prescott? Forget it.