• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who's overpaid?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looking at ninercaphell, who do you think is overpaid next year?

NinerCapHell.com | 2012 Numbers

Willis'es monster $17M cap hit is some accounting trick, so just ignore that.

Gore is probably slightly overpaid by about $2M but he's a team leader (I think he's worth $4M)

Crabtree is probably slightly overpaid by about $1-2M (I think he's worth $2-3M)

Spencer will probably be asked to take a major pay cut, or get cut.

Haralson I also think could be asked to take a pay cut, or get cut.

So overall there's not a lot of fat to trim, we are in really good shape cap wise if you ask me, and the money is generally well spent.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex will soon be overpaid if he get 10 mil a year haralson should be gone unless he wants a paycut

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the Niners are expected to offer Alex a contract at around 7 mil a year.

Expect Spencer to be cut.

Don't think Haralson will be cut because he really isn't making that much.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who's overpaid?

Goodwin, Spencer, Haralson, Frank Gore (next season), Michael Crabtree.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd add whitner to the list. he's a liability in coverage, but excellent against the run. goldson on a franchise tag will be overpaid. maybe he makes me eat crow, but i don't think he'll have half the season he did this past year

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'd add whitner to the list. he's a liability in coverage, but excellent against the run. goldson on a franchise tag will be overpaid. maybe he makes me eat crow, but i don't think he'll have half the season he did this past year

That wouldn't be a smart bet. This was his lowest tackle total in 3 years. n 2009 he had 94 tackles, 3 FF and 4 INT. This year he had 67/1/6.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his tackles should be down considering the guys we have at mlb.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see him getting 6 interceptions and making the pro bowl next season. teams will expose him next year

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont see him getting 6 interceptions and making the pro bowl next season. teams will expose him next year

That's significantly different than not thinking "he'll have half the season he did this past year."

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not pay Goldson any significant amount of money. He's not that good, especially considering the front seven he's playing behind.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd rather not pay Goldson any significant amount of money. He's not that good, especially considering the front seven he's playing behind.

While I agree I wouldn't pay him that much money I think he's pretty good. But he's replaceable; the Niners MUST keep the front 7 strong and the rest will fall into place.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree I wouldn't pay him that much money I think he's pretty good. But he's replaceable; the Niners MUST keep the front 7 strong and the rest will fall into place.

I disagree. He's a liability in coverage, and that's with a strong front seven in front of him. If our front seven has an off day, I don't have any confidence in him to pick up the slack.

He gives up way too many yards to get INTs.

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So expand on your comment. How will he have less than half the season he had last year?

I cannot find the numbers, but I would think the time of possession for the Niners' O was much different than the previous season. That would leave less opportunities for tackles. Again, I cannot find the numbers, so it is only a theory.

Also, there are other factors like new defensive coordinator, better defensive back play, the obvious is different teams (besides divisional games), and role in the backfield, that might play a role in the decrease number of tackles.

With that said, I agree with Sick that he is good, but replaceable. I would not break the bank for the guy. I think he can be an idiot at times (ie kicking the football and getting a penalty).

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okay, found it
Opponents' Time of Possession
2010: 31:33
2011: 28:03

Obviously, the Niners' offense helped the defense out this year, but I do not know if 3 minutes and 30 seconds on average played a major role in the reduce number of tackles, so I would say a combination of this and the others mentioned. Didn't Goldson play up on the line last season?

Oh well, I just wanted to add another perspective.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I cannot find the numbers, but I would think the time of possession for the Niners' O was much different than the previous season. That would leave less opportunities for tackles. Again, I cannot find the numbers, so it is only a theory.

Also, there are other factors like new defensive coordinator, better defensive back play, the obvious is different teams (besides divisional games), and role in the backfield, that might play a role in the decrease number of tackles.

With that said, I agree with Sick that he is good, but replaceable. I would not break the bank for the guy. I think he can be an idiot at times (ie kicking the football and getting a penalty).

So because of these factors, Goldson in 2012 will have less than half as an effective season as he had in 2011?