• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the NFC East?

Who will win the NFC East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine but answer my question. Who is going to step at Wr besides Dez?
Other than Dez they are more role players. But you can't ignore how much better Dez is than D Jax. It isn't even close. I take the great WR over a group of decent ones any day. Butler looks like he may be a player to watch, Beasley is great at what he does even if what he does may seem small to people who just look at stats and Williams is still young enough to improve or at least get back to where he was as a #2. Nowhere have I said the Dallas 2-5 guys are great. My point is Washington guys are not.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well TW played well when Dez is healthy, so as long as Dez is around the WR's won't be an issue. Keep pounding that depth drum, but it's not all that important unless injuries occur.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Dez they are more role players. But you can't ignore how much better Dez is than D Jax. It isn't even close. I take the great WR over a group of decent ones any day. Butler looks like he may be a player to watch, Beasley is great at what he does even if what he does may seem small to people who just look at stats and Williams is still young enough to improve or at least get back to where he was as a #2. Nowhere have I said the Dallas 2-5 guys are great. My point is Washington guys are not.

True Dez is better than Djax but no one is going to burn you deep like djax can on your roster. So you rather have Williams than Garcon right now. Beasley over Crowder and Butler over Doctson. Wow.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well TW played well when Dez is healthy, so as long as Dez is around the WR's won't be an issue. Keep pounding that depth drum, but it's not all that important unless injuries occur.

Everyone knows injuries are extremely rare.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Dez is better than Djax but no one is going to burn you deep like djax can on your roster. So you rather have Williams than Garcon right now. Beasley over Crowder and Butler over Doctson. Wow.
Apparently your reading skills are worse than I first thought. Have a good day:suds:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right the Redskins are better prepared for an injury than the Cowboys are right now. You would think Jerry Jones would realize this after last year but instead drafts a RB and a guy who isn't going to play next year. Plus he still hasn't gotten a vet QB in case Romo goes down again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently your reading skills are worse than I first thought. Have a good day:suds:

They are just fine. You are blinded by your WR core.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right....I need to change my vote after reading all your posts in this thread. Washington has a second year receiver and a rookie receiver who are sure stars in this league just waiting to happen while Dallas fans have no right to talk up any other receiver not named Dez. Never mind that Dallas has a second receiver that's been pretty good during his time in the league, or a proven chain mover and high expectation for some clown named Butler. Only last year counts when discussing the Dallas receivers while the sure stardom reeks for a 2nd year punt returner and a rookie endorsed by Mel Kiper . AND forget about comparing the defense's, that's been proven by all the astute football posters here at the hoop. Norman is that good, done deal, everyone on the team is now better cause Norman will be sure fire as good as he was last year with the Carolina defenders. AND again...never mind the Washington run defense, won't matter...Norman's got that covered too.

Schedules? Does not matter, huge talent disparity between these teams.

I'm picking the exact same results as last year with one exception...Washington wins 12 games with Norman in burgundy & yellow

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right the Redskins are better prepared for an injury than the Cowboys are right now. You would think Jerry Jones would realize this after last year but instead drafts a RB and a guy who isn't going to play next year. Plus he still hasn't gotten a vet QB in case Romo goes down again.
keep reading those papers Butch...that's what you do best!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just fine. You are blinded by your WR core.
You continue to be unable to follow what I am saying. It isn't that I think the Dallas receivers are great other than Dez. It is that I do not think the Washington receivers are very good and think you are overrating them by a mile. I'm not sure how to make it any clearer than that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You continue to be unable to follow what I am saying. It isn't that I think the Dallas receivers are great other than Dez. It is that I do not think the Washington receivers are very good and think you are overrating them by a mile. I'm not sure how to make it any clearer than that.

That's fine but its just hard to believe that there is no love for Garcon as a #2 WR.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Desean that cant be seen in stats (And I dont know if it still the same as before) is that he opens up the field tremendously. During one season (@2011) when the Eagles lined up with Desean the opposing safeties for that entire season, on average, lined up 10 yards deeper than when he wasnt in the game. He opened things up for that offense tremendously.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a fair assessment but I just cant see the Eagles stopping the NFC East passing attacks. Clearly the worst CB's in the division as you noted and with no real star on offense I cant see how they keep pace in the east. Im not bustin your balls its just my honest opinion. Mathews is not a true #1 Wr and now Aglor has problems. I will say Ertz looks promising. With a new head coach and D coordinator its going to take time before they even get close to a winning record. Is it safe to say that the Eagles are in rebuilt mode?

THe only way they slow down passing attacks is if they get consistent pressure. We shall see. I dont think you're busting my balls... I said the Eagles will come in last place too.

On offense we have only a handful of good players. I wont include Jason Peters because by the time the O is ready he will be done. But they have a top notch RT, good C, a good #2 WR in Mattews, Ertz is an excellent TE and thats about it. Hopefully the high priced FA G is good (wait and see). I think Ryan Mattews is good but HE IS ALWAYS HURT. Obviously it all hinges on the golden boy at QB (Wentz).

The O is missing a true #1 WR, a young LT, a LG, a young RB, and a franchise QB. I'm not willing to say we have one yet.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically speaking, the Redskins are hot garbage and will come in last place.

If you went by trends and stats, that is.

Moving forward I think that you can throw history out the window on this one. The McCloughan era should produce dramatically different results. Finally they are building a team for the future and not just for the upcoming season. They had a very solid draft in 2015 and the results showed up on the field. By most opinions the 2016 draft was also solid - we will see.

I don't really know if they will finish closer to the top this season - there are a lot of variables including injuries and whether Cousins can continue to play at a high level. However - I do believe believe that this team is constantly getting stronger & will likely be a force for a long time. The key is the GM - time will tell.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine but its just hard to believe that there is no love for Garcon as a #2 WR.
Garcon is probably a decent number 2 wide receiver but he is not really as good as your making him out to be.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon is probably a decent number 2 wide receiver but he is not really as good as your making him out to be.

Probably true. In any case I believe that Doctson is being groomed as the eventual replacement for Garcon or Jackson (or maybe both).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctson was rated the #1 Wr by both Kiper and Mcshay and can basically run every route and get jump balls. Jackson is a #1 WR but he is not a top 10 WR by no means. Everyone forgets that he missed 7 games last year. With him on the filed it makes everyone better b/c of his play making ability. Garcon is the perfect possession WR right now. Is he overpaid? Yes, but he is very solid and will make the catch in traffic. Crowder set a rookie record last year and is a perfect slot WR. Now if you add Doctson to the mix its just a very impressive group. I even havent talked about Reed yet and how he impacts a defense.

With this depth the Redskins can beat you many ways where Dallas can not. Yes you have Dez, im not saying we have a player like that but if defenses take him out of the game who is going to step up? Whitten has done this in the past but can you rely on him like the Skins rely on Reed?

For Dallas to be successful I believe Dez is going to have to have a Julio Jones type year. None of Dallas' other WR or TE weapons scare anybody. The Redskins just have more options.

He's still a rookie. You should expect nothing from a rookie and anything above that is gravy. Dez alone makes Dallas WR corp better than Washingtons. As for TE, Skins have a better one when he is healthy. Sadly he is only healthy 1/3 of the time.